Posted December 15, 2014
Great school. I love the dual language program. My child reads and writes fluently in Spanish now. The only thing is there are too many Mexicans. The school does not have the multi cultural experience I wanted my child to have, like other Jackson heights schools are known for. Almost all the students are Mexican. I want her to be around polish, chinese, black, mexicans, arabs, etc. Not just mexicans. I might as well just move to mexico!!! And don't get me started on the lice. My child has bought it home 5 times already this year and school only started 3 months ago. Seriously thinking of switching her because of this. I'm frustrated.

Posted May 07, 2014
Both of my kids are in Dual language 1st grade and 5th Grade, I cant tell you how great program and teacher. It has been a joy and pleasure to see my kids growing in a such amazing environment. The parent coordinator, Ms. Adriana is always on top of her game, first one to arrive and last one to leave the school and Ms. Salorio the principal will always keep her door open should you need to speak to her. What can I say more I love this school.

Posted May 06, 2014
P.S. 149 is a great school, Teachers are very helpful and hands-on with my daughter. Has a great DUAL program and i am very pleased with the school.

Posted June 05, 2013
my son is in last year school going on to six grade great job by all the teachers the only thing i didint like about the school was they didint have any sports that think is good the kids but everythin als was great my is going to miss it

Posted January 26, 2012
Our daughter is a Kindergarten student in the Dual Language Program at P.S. 149. We are very happy with the school's staff and academic program. Everyone works together and they are very open to parental involvement and input. Our child has thrived in this school! She attends gym on a weekly basis; it is only the middle of the year and she is almost at a first grade reading level. Her Kindergarten teachers (Ms. Congrains & Ms. Leino) have fostered a love of learning with high standards in a loving, kind and respectful setting. As parents, what more can we ask for? We are very grateful! Keep up the good work P.S. 149! Maria L. Paguaga

Posted November 11, 2009

Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe 3

Posted December 12, 2008
My daughter loves her school. She has been there from k thru 4th so far. She has had some wonderful teachers that have helped her grow and learn and she has had some teachers just going thru the motions. The principal,assistant principals and office staff are under alot of pressure, but do their best for the children. The PTA staff is wonderful-they go out of their way to make everyone comfortable, aware and involved. Overall it has been a pleasureable experience for both myself as a parent and for my daughter at PS 149. My main concern these days are the constant test prep for state tests. What ever happened to just teaching lessons plans well enough that children can pass state tests?

Posted December 11, 2008
The teachers in this school are on top of things and supportive of their students. The dual language classes help students really learn in both languages. Substitute teaching here is a positive experience, most of the teachers are helpful and the students are ready to learn.

Posted July 21, 2008
this school is a wonderfull school the teachers are excellent and proffesional the dual language is great,

Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe 1

Posted May 04, 2007

Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe
93-11 34th Avenue, Queens, NY  11372
Last modified Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top