Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has been here since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. She will be in the dual language program until 5th grade. When she graduated kindergarten, she was already reading and writing in Spanish fluently. She came from semillitas pre-k speaking spanish thanks to the staff and this school helped her develop her spanish even more. Its amazing when she reads me a book in spanish. Its excellent for a child to learn another language. The teachers and staff are great and supportive. My daughter has never had anything bad to say about the staff.

If you have a choice between this school and another i recommend no to go to this one! It will just make your child bad and this school is not clean at all!!!!

This school is diverse- what makes the parent complaining below say that the Spanish speaking students in class with her child are all from Mexico? Why did the parent put her child in a dual language school - where the second language is Spanish if she didn't want her child to learn about the different Spanish Cultures? as well as the Spanish language? This neighborhood is largely Spanish Speaking along with many businesses in the neighborhood owned and run by Spanish Speaking people, and the people come from MANY MANY countries ......Bolivia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Columbia, Puerto Rico, Mexico etc... this is true diversity. I don't understand the complaint. Lice infestations are in most elementary schools at least once a year. -It has nothing to do with ethnicity or economic status. It is contagious but NOT HARMFUL and is easily cured... sorry I don't understand what children being of Mexican decent or a lice incidence has to do with her child's education.... The school has always been a very very good school it is rated A AND the teachers care about their students. The PTA is strong- use it to avoid frustration.

The staff and the teachers are really dedicated, involved, and great. I wish there were more emphasis in art/music and sports, but academically I think the school is doing really well. My son has been attending since Kindergarten -he's in 2nd grade now, and my daughter is now in Kinder there too. As with any school, parent involvement is essential for a kid to succeed.

Both of my kids are in Dual language 1st grade and 5th Grade, I cant tell you how great program and teacher. It has been a joy and pleasure to see my kids growing in a such amazing environment. The parent coordinator, Ms. Adriana is always on top of her game, first one to arrive and last one to leave the school and Ms. Salorio the principal will always keep her door open should you need to speak to her. What can I say more I love this school.

P.S. 149 is a great school, Teachers are very helpful and hands-on with my daughter. Has a great DUAL program and i am very pleased with the school.

my son is in last year school going on to six grade great job by all the teachers the only thing i didint like about the school was they didint have any sports that think is good the kids but everythin als was great my is going to miss it

Our daughter is a Kindergarten student in the Dual Language Program at P.S. 149. We are very happy with the school's staff and academic program. Everyone works together and they are very open to parental involvement and input. Our child has thrived in this school! She attends gym on a weekly basis; it is only the middle of the year and she is almost at a first grade reading level. Her Kindergarten teachers (Ms. Congrains & Ms. Leino) have fostered a love of learning with high standards in a loving, kind and respectful setting. As parents, what more can we ask for? We are very grateful! Keep up the good work P.S. 149! Maria L. Paguaga

My two daughters currently attend this school. My son will be transferring this September. My girls have been in this school for a year, since graduating from their previous school. One will be going to 1st grade, the other to 4th. So far, they like it. The school has diverse educational programs ranging from English, Math, Music, and Science. There are dual language English/Spanish, Spanish/English, which allows students to master another language. They even provide Physical Education classes, which has dissapearing from schools in recent years. The teachers are very capable and seem to care about their students education and well-being. I llok forward to having all 3 kids graduate from this school.

My daughter loves her school. She has been there from k thru 4th so far. She has had some wonderful teachers that have helped her grow and learn and she has had some teachers just going thru the motions. The principal,assistant principals and office staff are under alot of pressure, but do their best for the children. The PTA staff is wonderful-they go out of their way to make everyone comfortable, aware and involved. Overall it has been a pleasureable experience for both myself as a parent and for my daughter at PS 149. My main concern these days are the constant test prep for state tests. What ever happened to just teaching lessons plans well enough that children can pass state tests?

Last modified Ps 149 Christa Mcauliffe is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.