Queens, NY

Ps 151 Mary D Carter 4

Posted March 30, 2012
My kindergarten grandson is having an amazing experience at this school in just a few short weeks. Before he came to this schoo,l we couldnt get him to say a word about his day, since he transferred here, he cannot stop talking about what he has learned and the interesting things he does everyday. Not to mention how thrilled my daughter is to have such caring and nurturing teachers and staff members making this a great experience for her son and for herself. Parent/teacher/staff communication is wonderful. We look forward to his continuing education at this school.

Ps 151 Mary D Carter 1

Posted June 16, 2011
This school has awesome teachers, too bad I can't say the same for the principal. The principal is only concerned about the french dual language program, and that is questionable since he is cancelling the classes for the 2nd and 3rd graders this coming fall. The school is in dire need of a new leader!

Posted February 19, 2011
Our daughter is in her second year at 151's French-dual language program. She began with no French experience at all (English and Spanish fluency). So far she's doing excellent and loves the school. I look forward to how she'll speak French at the end of the program. The school itself used to have a low rating but has made great strides since Mr. Goldner took over as principal. I think he's doing a wonderful job.

Posted February 18, 2011
My daughter is on dual language - 2nd Grade. Her teacher is wonderful and my little start to have conversation in french... My house is far from the school but I am so please with the school that I am putting my little boy next year at PS 151 too.

Posted March 08, 2010
Thank you to all the Staff for their work and involvement to get this school to a higher level. My son is on 1st grade dual language English/French, he did some remarkable progress this year. There is a PTA (parents teacher association) meeting every month but also a breakfast with the principal every month and a good communication with teacher as you pick-up your kid. Thank you again......

Posted November 29, 2009
2 of my children are in PS 151. My daughter is in PreK and I have really seen an improvement: she sings a lot, they do a lot of activities (soup, fruits salad....), they go regularly to the playground. The trailers they are in are just fine (less crowd to pick up the kids). And school hours are good: from 8:10am to 2:10pm. My second child is in the dual language english/french class and he likes it a lot. Overall I am very pleased with PS151.

Ps 151 Mary D Carter 0

Posted November 18, 2009
This school has a wonderful dual language program English/French for children entering kingergarden and 1st grade. My son is in the program and I am very pleased with the results.

Ps 151 Mary D Carter 4

Posted June 11, 2009

Ps 151 Mary D Carter 0

Posted January 19, 2009
At first I was not happy with my son attending this school because of all the previous reviews and comments. But I am impressed with the improvements the new principal is making. When I speak to other parents that have their children in private or charter schools they are also impressed how at P.S.151 we have monthly parent meetings, monthly student of the month award ceremony, and how much the principle encourages parent comments and involvement. I am now proud to say that my son is attenting this school. I want to thank the principle for his great work and support him in the goals he has for this school.

Posted June 05, 2008

Ps 151 Mary D Carter
50-05 31st Avenue, Queens, NY  11377
Last modified Ps 151 Mary D Carter is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 151 Mary D Carter Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top