Queens, NY

Ps 153 Maspeth 1

Posted December 11, 2013
my son goes in this school in kindergarten and the teachers are really very heartless, been made to feel very sad for my son, I do not recommend at all

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter goes to the school and she loves it, she comes home everyday happy which in makes me happy. She gets can adequate amount of H.W and I feel she is learning. I can't wait for my son to start kindergarden next year's

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has just entered the 2nd grade and my daughter Kindergarten - The last 3 years at PS 153 have been wonderful to say the least. My son's experience with his teacher's have been great for him academically and socially. He continues to visit them in their classroom. I feel proud of how involved Mrs. Bauer, the principal, is with the classrooms and the children. I've seen her at every PTA, CEC and special class events. Her commitment rolls down to the staff, teachers, aides, security and volunteers. My daughter is so excited about being at PS 153 where her brother goes and so am I !!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 27, 2013
This school is the best. My daughter had a very special kind of kindergarten teacher, Ms Arato by far is one of the best. My daughter loved going to school and did not look forward to the weekends. I loved the fact that they have zero tolerance for bullying in the school and I never had to worry about her safety in school. I am super glad this school has a great team such as Ms Baur, Ms Vartanian, Ms Yanez , Mr Willard the security in the front very friendly and always willing to help. I am grateful my daughter attends this school I would highly recommend this school for there excellent curriculum and ways of touching families lives . Thank you P.S. 153
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 26, 2013
I have just graduated from this school as the valedictorian and I nearly burst into tears in the middle of my speech. This school is the best school in Queens, and I feel that the school has improved a lot by adding more extracurricular activities after and before school, such as a gymnastics team, a CHAMPS team, a glee club, a chorus, a band and more. The school teaches responsibilities on fun trips, such as a trip to the Statue of Liberty in fifth grade as a reward for wearing uniform (you can opt-out of the uniform requirements if you want) and in the sixth grade you go to Philadelphia for a day. The school doesn't exclude the classes that are not part of their Gifted and Talented (Beacon) program, and often include them in assemblies, trips, and visits from important figures in New York.

Posted June 17, 2013
Wonderful school, I just wish they had an after-school program for my twins who attended Kindergarten from 2012-2013.

Posted May 20, 2013
Starting out from Ms. Susan Yanez( parent coordinator), Ms. Bauer(principal), Ms. Paese (Beacon 1st Grade) Ms. Spano (Beacon 2nd Grade). The following listed are amazing individuals! Very caring and amazing team! I am very grateful for those individuals metioned! -Mercado

Posted August 25, 2011
My child is going to 3rd grade. As a new student in the Beacon program in 2nd grade, she loved it from day 1. The beacon teacher was very inspiring and welcoming.

Ps 153 Maspeth 1

Posted April 21, 2011
You all should be ashamed of yourselves for calling the police on a 7 year old boy, and having him arrested. What if that were your child?! How traumatizing!!!

Ps 153 Maspeth 0

Posted October 22, 2010
The dedicated staff...and all the wonderful students

Ps 153 Maspeth
60-02 60th Lane, Queens, NY  11378
Last modified Ps 153 Maspeth is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 153 Maspeth Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top