Bad
Good

Everyone there is extremely rude.The environment is unhealthy and disgusting.And the teaching is awful. Students learn nothing and if they do learn anything it's garbage. NEVER SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!

Needs more substantive parent engagement, but the school is very good academically and my son is happy!

My son has been attending Halsey for the second year now. The teachers are committed and involved in the children's academic success. The band teacher and director, Ms. Wolff is amazing, caring and willing to go the extra mile to support the band. My son will greatly miss Halsey as we are relocating. The administration seems to have improved, but I must admit, they could be rude and unhelpful at times.

Fine school. However, the main thing that is not good is about its environment. The good thing about it is that the teachers work hard to make sure that everyone is safe and are good students.

Hello, Helping parents is very important to JHS157. The office staff is usually very polite, professional and welcoming. If you have a concern, you should come to school and meet with the principal. I am sure this can easily be addressed

Office staff is very rude! Horrible customer service to whichever lady answers the phone. At least pretend to be nice!

As a new parent, coming to Halsey from PS175- my son and I absolutely love the school. The teachers are great, the principal is welcoming and patient with all the little questions and concerns. Their SEP - Software Engineering program is simply amazing, the band is great and my son enjoys Mouse Squad, SEP and the Jazz Band. He is challenged being in the honors program. As a parent, I love the PupilPath system they use and wish that all teachers used it, as some use it less than others. I would highly recommend this school to all my friends and family!

I go to this school it is my first year and i love it. The teachers are great and really want us to have a great future!!!!

To be a new student's parent, I like the way the school is which is at the beginning of the school year all teachers meet all students parents to introduce themselves and email address to keep in touch.

My kids are in 7 and 8 grades and I see they don't have to much problems. I love the extra help for the kids and tje talwnt classes specially music and art my kids been learning to be proud of them self and academic they are learning and helping friends. I love this school andthe people who work Iin there is always helping parents

Last modified Jhs 157 Stephen A Halsey is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.