Ps 164 Queens Valley 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Hello my daughter to studied for three years at this school and their performance has been very good. Academically is a good school. This school has very large spaces that could perfectly be used if they expand the services to the community. Services programs after school, program of sports activities such as... English classes for adults, citizenship, and other skills that benefit the entire community. perhaps created by which is located in a good area all families are wealthy and can afford to pay, but the reality is different times have changed. Also it would be very important to the school to request translation services for parents who do not handle the English language because it makes the children academic process is delayed due to the little communication father and school by deficiency in the English language. Also, I would like that the school could offer real services of interpreters which would help to improve communication between the school and the community.

Posted June 26, 2013
Hi went to this school. I just graduated. I hate this school. I got bullied a lot and my parents were always called when I missed one homework. This school is horrible. Don't send your child here. It will be a waste of your time!

Posted May 24, 2013
I went to this school starting in kindergarten all the way to the 8th grade. I'm 19 now and looking back this was the most horrible school I ever experienced in my entire life. I was bullied by a lot of people and by this kid Adir who thought he was really tough I pity him. Teachers were very discouraging. I remember when Ms. Brown gave me a 65% on my math grade because she didn't like me and always kicked me out and told my mother I would never pass the state test. After the state test, I received the highest score possible, a 4. The grade proved that teachers only give you good grades if they like you.

Ps 164 Queens Valley 2

Posted December 13, 2011
This school has become worse over the past few years. While some teachers seem to care at this school. Some clearly do not have the students best interest at heart. I believe the Principal either chooses not to see or does not care. The parent coordinator is not communicative with the parents at all this intern has basically wiped out the P.T.A. There are almost no Afterschool programs in this school. No chance for kids to get involved except for the dwindling arts program which is cut more and more every year.I have been a parent at this school for the past 6 years and it's very sadf to see this happen. How can we change this pattern? I feel that our concerns fall on deaf ears and in the end the children suffer.

Ps 164 Queens Valley 3

Posted August 26, 2011
the principal and parent coordinator have a poor relationship with parents. They are not very helpful. Unfortunately this leads to parents not participating in school activities and not participating in the parents association.

Ps 164 Queens Valley 5

Posted September 28, 2010
Very friendly staff. Clean classrooms. Nice and quiet area. Pretty small school but still have 8 grades.

Posted March 16, 2010

Posted August 18, 2009

Ps 164 Queens Valley 3

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted March 18, 2009

Ps 164 Queens Valley
138-1 77th Avenue, Queens, NY  11367
Last modified Ps 164 Queens Valley is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 164 Queens Valley Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top