Bad
Good

Very proactive and engaged Principal, strong teachers, active PTA building strong enrichment for all grades. A growing school with positive energy.

My son started school this yr he is in kindergarten and for the past 3months he has learned so much ,I'm very please with his teacher Ms.Johnson. I love the way she is teaching the kids to learn . My son is very happy to attend her class and always looks forward to the next day, he comes out of school excited to tell us what he learned during the day ,math,reading and writing, science, art. Also the staff has been very nice ,when I've gone to the office they treat you with respect. I'm so far pleased with the school.

My child has attended PS 166 for 2 years. This far we've been very satisfied with our teacher, staff, and our principal.

My son is in kindergarten at this school and we are very pleased with it so far. His teacher is warm, caring, creative and inspiring to the kids. The principal is a true leader, who promotes a child-centered learning environment at the school. My son also has some special health issues requiring accommodations at school and I have found the entire school staff to be excellent on this issue.

My daughter has been attending PS 166 for two years and I've found the school, administration, and teachers to be incredibly warm, caring, and accessible. Principal Geller is fantastic--she's very engaged, open to parent involvement, and she literally knows every single one of the students by name. My daughter's teacher this year is excellent--she gives the kids constant, positive reinforcement and her classroom is a calm yet vital space for learning. My daughter has made amazing friends and has been really happy.

Ms. Geller is a phoney. She walks around and smiles at the parents, but in reality she is incompetent. She is NOT in tune to the cultural diversity and can't get rid of the horrible teachers because she is weak and used to work with them. I'm looking into moving to P.S 122 and not waste anymore of my child's educational time.

Ms. Geller used to be my reading teacher when I was in like 2nd; 2-225 or 3rd grade; 3-225. She then became assistant principle and now is the principle. I don't do to that school anymore because I am in Middle school now. Ms. Tomais was my third grade teacher and she was the best teacher. She was so nice. I don't know if she still teaches or not

My child started kindergarten this September 2013, what I realized in ps166 is nobody wants to do anything , from the first time I went to hand in my child's application, one of the ladies was very rude & gave me a run around just to hand in a application & ignored me standing at the desk for over 15 minutes. Now my child has been attending ps 166 for about 2 weeks & I been having problems with the assistant principal harassing me every morning & their after school program don't want to deal with the children, they will call you at work to come pick your child up for any little thing. These are suppose to be workers/ counclers who are able to handle children . I was told from one of the workers of the Jacob Riis program that their counclers aren't equipt to handle my child. My child who is only 4 years old attended the Jacob Riis program for only 4 days & they kicked my child out of the program. Nobody in this school wants to do anything , they just wanna brush the children off to somebody else ,instead of trying to help . I can't believe this school operates this way.

My child go to this school. Teacher was wonder full last year . This school was good school years back now is falling behind because good parent dosen't want deal with the office stuff ! Some of them are really rude ! I think parent are the vital roll of success for school and the kid ! I think office stuff dosen't who comes and who go they will get paid anyway !

I was a student at this school, I really liked it. It is clean, some teachers are fun but others are strict. This school is good. I started at second grade. I miss this school. M.s Geller, the new principal is nice, understanding, very qualified. If you behave good you wouldn't have a problem. I liked the way they teach. This school has dual language. In gym, my class played fun games. The teacher quality is pretty good . Any one who goes to this school will love it. I recommend it.

Last modified Ps 166 Henry Gradstein is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.