Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son was bulling in this school and nobody help him. Nobody support him. So keep awey your kids from this school, particularly if you European.

I love the staff. Principal is really kind and humble lady. Also, they are very nice .

My son is in the 2nd grade and I find the teachers to be very helpful and communicate well with parents. They go out of their way to explain something if it's needed. My son loves his teachers. The one thing I'm not happy about, is that the school doesn't receive any funding so the kids are stuck using old books. I feel ALL schools should receive the same amount of funding whether the district is in a middle or low class areas. Kids shouldn't suffer because parents can afford a better area to live.

Amount of homework: Agree

It depends on the teacher and subject, but if you speak to the specific teacher they will listen and take your advice into consideration.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff all work very hard to make the students courteous, honest, and fair.. They will take the time to learn each student's name. They are amazing. I saw two teachers cry during my daughter's graduation. They get to know the kids and see them grow through the years.

My daughter attended the school fron Kindergarten through fifth grade. The teachers and principal are amazing. They work very hard to provide our kids with the best education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great and very supportive. My daughter attended this school from kindergarten to fifth grade. She graduated this year and received two awards. I couldn't be happier with the amount of attention and dedication the teachers provide their students. The classes are a bit large but the teachers definitely give them 110% of their attention. Not all children learn at the same pace and I love that they are split up into groups in class. My daughter was having trouble with division so I spent some time going over it. She went to school the next day and was able to explain division to the other students in her group. Working in these groups allows the kids to help each other, learn and practice together. Ms. Cooper is amazing. Thank you to all the teachers specially Ms. Warner, Ms. O'keeffe, Ms. Komisky, Ms. Chan, and Ms Viola. We thank you for all you do to help educate our children.

Principal Mrs Cooper is very Nice Dedicated and soft spoken and outstanding in her Profession and her Staff are very friendly and caring for students and parents. .My special thanks to New fourth grade Teacher Ms. Gokassey she is a Gem in crown, very good addition to school. she is very professional at the same time friendly with students her motivation and encouragement to my son proved very helpful in adjusting and learning with ease he learned a lot with enthusiasm and lot of interest, she has been very supporting to him throughout the academic year which made him a brilliant student. As a parent I wish her all the best in her career.Wish all teachers are like her. Thanks.Shaila

I would say the school is fine and the teachers are kind hearted. I understand that the kids are a lot in one class, but they are also human beings. Once you get to know them , you will like them. cafeteria is not the best but not bad either. Staff is ok. Parent coordinator is very nice. Principal is busy but nice. My son, took time to adjust but now he is happy.

My son and daughter both went to this school. It is the best around for miles.

Last modified Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.