Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
Where do I begin? Probably before the school year even started, when I heard such nice things about you. Based on popular opinion, I expected great things this year-- and I have not been disappointed. Thanks a lot miss,Hildebrand for being such a kind , patient teacher. No wonder kids you love. My son has learned alot from you. And I wish you best of luck for your coming years in the school. Also, I would like to thanks the entire staff of p.s 175. It's been a pleasure working with you all. No doubt this school is the best.

Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School 4

Posted May 25, 2016
I love the staff. Principal is really kind and humble lady. Also, they are very nice .

Posted May 23, 2016
My son is in the 2nd grade and I find the teachers to be very helpful and communicate well with parents. They go out of their way to explain something if it's needed. My son loves his teachers. The one thing I'm not happy about, is that the school doesn't receive any funding so the kids are stuck using old books. I feel ALL schools should receive the same amount of funding whether the district is in a middle or low class areas. Kids shouldn't suffer because parents can afford a better area to live.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 19, 2015
It depends on the teacher and subject, but if you speak to the specific teacher they will listen and take your advice into consideration.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
The teachers and staff all work very hard to make the students courteous, honest, and fair.. They will take the time to learn each student's name. They are amazing. I saw two teachers cry during my daughter's graduation. They get to know the kids and see them grow through the years.

Posted July 19, 2015
My daughter attended the school fron Kindergarten through fifth grade. The teachers and principal are amazing. They work very hard to provide our kids with the best education.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
The teachers are great and very supportive. My daughter attended this school from kindergarten to fifth grade. She graduated this year and received two awards. I couldn't be happier with the amount of attention and dedication the teachers provide their students. The classes are a bit large but the teachers definitely give them 110% of their attention. Not all children learn at the same pace and I love that they are split up into groups in class. My daughter was having trouble with division so I spent some time going over it. She went to school the next day and was able to explain division to the other students in her group. Working in these groups allows the kids to help each other, learn and practice together. Ms. Cooper is amazing. Thank you to all the teachers specially Ms. Warner, Ms. O'keeffe, Ms. Komisky, Ms. Chan, and Ms Viola. We thank you for all you do to help educate our children.

Posted June 26, 2015
Principal Mrs Cooper is very Nice Dedicated and soft spoken and outstanding in her Profession and her Staff are very friendly and caring for students and parents. .My special thanks to New fourth grade Teacher Ms. Gokassey she is a Gem in crown, very good addition to school. she is very professional at the same time friendly with students her motivation and encouragement to my son proved very helpful in adjusting and learning with ease he learned a lot with enthusiasm and lot of interest, she has been very supporting to him throughout the academic year which made him a brilliant student. As a parent I wish her all the best in her career.Wish all teachers are like her. Thanks.Shaila

Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School 3

Posted March 30, 2015
I would say the school is fine and the teachers are kind hearted. I understand that the kids are a lot in one class, but they are also human beings. Once you get to know them , you will like them. cafeteria is not the best but not bad either. Staff is ok. Parent coordinator is very nice. Principal is busy but nice. My son, took time to adjust but now he is happy.

Posted July 31, 2014
My son and daughter both went to this school. It is the best around for miles.

64-35 102nd Street, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.