Queens, NY

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 19, 2015
It depends on the teacher and subject, but if you speak to the specific teacher they will listen and take your advice into consideration.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
The teachers and staff all work very hard to make the students courteous, honest, and fair.. They will take the time to learn each student's name. They are amazing. I saw two teachers cry during my daughter's graduation. They get to know the kids and see them grow through the years.

Posted July 19, 2015
My daughter attended the school fron Kindergarten through fifth grade. The teachers and principal are amazing. They work very hard to provide our kids with the best education.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
The teachers are great and very supportive. My daughter attended this school from kindergarten to fifth grade. She graduated this year and received two awards. I couldn't be happier with the amount of attention and dedication the teachers provide their students. The classes are a bit large but the teachers definitely give them 110% of their attention. Not all children learn at the same pace and I love that they are split up into groups in class. My daughter was having trouble with division so I spent some time going over it. She went to school the next day and was able to explain division to the other students in her group. Working in these groups allows the kids to help each other, learn and practice together. Ms. Cooper is amazing. Thank you to all the teachers specially Ms. Warner, Ms. O'keeffe, Ms. Komisky, Ms. Chan, and Ms Viola. We thank you for all you do to help educate our children.

Posted June 26, 2015
Principal Mrs Cooper is very Nice Dedicated and soft spoken and outstanding in her Profession and her Staff are very friendly and caring for students and parents. .My special thanks to New fourth grade Teacher Ms. Gokassey she is a Gem in crown, very good addition to school. she is very professional at the same time friendly with students her motivation and encouragement to my son proved very helpful in adjusting and learning with ease he learned a lot with enthusiasm and lot of interest, she has been very supporting to him throughout the academic year which made him a brilliant student. As a parent I wish her all the best in her career.Wish all teachers are like her. Thanks.Shaila

Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School 3

Posted March 30, 2015
I would say the school is fine and the teachers are kind hearted. I understand that the kids are a lot in one class, but they are also human beings. Once you get to know them , you will like them. cafeteria is not the best but not bad either. Staff is ok. Parent coordinator is very nice. Principal is busy but nice. My son, took time to adjust but now he is happy.

Posted July 31, 2014
My son and daughter both went to this school. It is the best around for miles.

Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
My son just started kindergarten there and so far so good. I was a bit disappointed at the way they except kids in the morning as it's always a bit crazy. I think there should be a better way of receiving kids so parents can walk away confidant that a teacher has acknowledged each child.

Posted July 27, 2013
I have attended this school around 6 years ago and i can freely say that i could have not asked for a better experience. Now, i cannot speak for how the school is running currently, but i will speak for how it was before ( if anything has changed.) Starting with the principal, yes. she is a bit stern, but it is better than being a complete push over. There were ALWAYS activities planned, such as the circus, nutritionist, ballroom dancing, school plays, spirit day, and various animals in the science lab. The teachers may seem as if they do not have time for everyone, but believe me, they are very kind hearted once you get to know me- after all- they deal with dozens of parents and students a day, they can't have a smile on their face 24/7. I must say, Mrs.Piansky and Mr.Nussbaum are the best teachers your child could ever have.

Posted June 13, 2012
I am really pleased to see our school rating ,and it's truly disturbing to see rude,and harsh remarks. Parents get a grip ...we need to work together ,and no miracles are happening over night. As a parent for the past 3 years i feel very confident about our school. There is a great seance of collaboration between administration, teachers and parents. The teachers are excellent,well trained,creative and dedicated. MY child is learning in a very supportive environment. Yes classes are large, but that is a problem of all good public schools in the city.

64-35 102nd Street, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 175 The Lynn Gross Discovery School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top