Queens, NY

Posted May 05, 2015
Teachers are hard-working and there are so many activities to keep the students and parents engaged. The school climate is one of acceptance and diversity. The Guidance Counselor is so understanding, compassionate and knowledgable. She always goes out of her way to help!

Posted October 24, 2013
I have two daughters has been at PS 178 for 2 and 4 years. It is a small school where everyone knows her. I love that type of school setting, and I'm very happy we are at this school! Her teachers are extremely helpful and the principal and staff work greatly solid, and I really appreciate their tough and wonderful work. Submitted by a parent

Posted September 16, 2013
My child has been at PS 178 for 4 years. It is a small school where everyone knows him. I love that type of school setting and am very happy we are at this school! His teachers are very helpful and the principal and staff work very hard.

Ps Is 178 Holliswood 4

Posted June 17, 2011
I have two children at The Holliswood School. One is about to graduate and will be attending Xavier High School in NYC. I believe that my son received an excellent education during his years at The Holliswood School. There are many extra curricular programs for the children to join. My son participated in rugby since 6th grade and loves the sport. The principal is very helpful and ALWAYS makes herself available. She speaks to all of the parents and knows all of the kids. The school is very small and everyone knows one another.

Posted February 02, 2011
I have been going to this school for 9 years! I absolutely love this school. Since we are a small school (compared to others) everybody knows everybody. The principal even knows every kid's name and says "Hi!" in the hallway. The art program is great, and the band is amazing. We have sports teams for a variety of sports, as well as acedmic teams that compete like the math team. The school has such a diverse group of kids, it's amazing! Everyone is so tolerable and open about their culture! The teachers are always open to students. (Especially in Middle School) You can tell your teachers anything. We're just one big family! Also, just last year, we became a "blue ribbon school"! No matter what you like to do, we have it. Recycling club? Of course! Math team! We've got it! Band? Sure! Art? Yup! Computers? Yes! Robot building? Of course! Penny Harvest? Yes! Drama club and acting? Yes we have it! If you're looking for the best school around, then go to PS/IS 178 "The Holliswood School" :D

Posted January 19, 2011
I really think that 178 is one of best schools I have ever attended. The school makes you feel like you re at home. The teachers know you very well and the staff is overall incredible. There are Smart Boards in every room of the middle school classes and I realized some schools don t have the money to buy these high technological things. The homework amount is very decent, not too much, not too little and if you get lucky, some days you won t have homework at all. :D

Posted October 13, 2010
Its a great school w/wonderful teachers!

Ps Is 178 Holliswood 3

Posted April 29, 2009
The middle school part of this school is very good, but the children are not treated any differently as they were in the elementary part of the school. My child has been attending since kindergarden and she is now in the 8th grade. She used to be very enthusied about doing homework and going to school, but now she is reluctant to go. The school is GREAT academicaly. The new pricapal seems to be adjusting well. Some of the teachers don't know how to handle some of the students and some of the students on variance are very disruptive. Some of the teachers also treat the students rudely, but they are all very well learned and great at teaching. Many of them use e-mail as a way of communicating with the parents, which I think is great. Overal this is a pretty good/great school and I would recomend it to others.

Posted February 27, 2009
I love this school. It is the best school in the whole entire world!

Posted November 15, 2008
I got tranfered here from a troubled school and I like it alot there. There's smart student and they're nice.

Ps Is 178 Holliswood
189-10 Radnor Road, Queens, NY  11423
Last modified Ps Is 178 Holliswood is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Is 178 Holliswood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top