Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

My daughter attended here for Pre-K (2015-16) and I have to admit the staff is great. We moved from here because my daughter needed a different environment that better suited for her needs. The principal is great, very personable and willing to reach out. He will definitely make great strides in this school and hope to see great changes in the future.

Amazing! Should be award-winning! In fact, I nominated my son's teacher for the Big Apple Award. Incredible school, staff - like I've NEVER seen before! Principal - outstanding! Teachers & all the way down to security guards - the most professional, caring, hard-working, inspiring staff I have ever seen! The principal goes out of his way for every child, knows every child by name (& it's a Lot of names to remember -the schl goes from Pre-K to 8th grade!!) Makes every child & parent feel welcome, constantly working on improving the school (if that's even possible - it's already the best school I've seen in my 18 years of being a parent in NY), is always available, INCREDIBLY PASSIONATE about the job- not just there to do the bare minimum... Simply amazing! We are HIGHLY impressed, especially coming in with average expectations of this school. Can not recommend this school enough!

I appreciate PS/MS 200 for everything it has given, is giving, and will continue to give my three children who attend. It is a supportive community where the children are known and cared for by all of the staff - from the security guards who sit at the front desk and are always quick with a warm welcome, to the principal, and everyone in between. This is the 4th year the current principal has been leading the school and there have been vast improvements under his management. He welcomes input from the parents and even holds an informal "Coffee and Conversation" meeting each month, where parents are free to bring up concerns, ask questions, or just listen and stay informed with the goings on of the school. There are also many other ways parents can, if they so desire, take an active part in shaping our children's overall school experience. The academic expectations are high, but not out of reach. I have 3 children with different gifts, talents, and motivations. One of my children is naturally more ambitious and competitive, and has an easier time with her lessons, but not to the point where she is bored by them. On the other hand, another child struggles a bit academically, but the lessons are not so hard where they cause her to give up hope entirely. With my 2 younger children especially (Kindergarten, and 2nd), I see, and am grateful for, a strong sense of structure and discipline when it comes to homework. They know what is expected of them each day, which reinforces what I try, as a parent, to instill in them in terms of personal responsibility. For my older child in 4th grade, and really all my children, I'm thankful for the different creative programs offered at the school. The drama, art, and dance classes they have been exposed to have all been positive experiences. My eldest daughter is also taking advantage of the free after-school violin lessons now being offered to her grade level. One more point I'd like to touch on (there's a lot to be thankful for), is the fact that the student body is tremendously ethnically diverse, which allows for a very rich learning environment as the students are exposed to different cultures and world views. I am excited about all the opportunities that lie ahead for PS/MS 200, and its students. There will be challenges, no doubt, but under the current leadership, the school will only continue to improve.

I have 2 children attending PS/MS 200 and it has been a very positive experience. The principal goes above and beyond. He knows each child by name and makes everyone feel welcomed. If there are ever any problems or concerns, his door is always open. The teachers have been very nurturing and truly care about our children. They want them to strive to be the best that they can be and find different ways to help them succeed. I know my children are building a strong foundation for the years to come.

I have 2 children attending this school and my overall experience has been very good. My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed her teachers ,extra curricular activities and programs offered by the school. The teachers and staff have worked closely with my son as well who struggles with school on many different levels. They haves always been patient, consistent and supportive to our family throughout the year. The school is fairly small so I have found it to be mostly easy to communicate with my children's teachers and other staff which is important. The principle has also been consistently present and actively involved in trying to help better the school .

As the mother of 3 and a long time PS/MS 200 parent, I couldn't be happier w/ the education my children have received at this school. I have witnessed great improvements - especially over the past 3 years - in the professionalism and commitment of the teachers. The current leadership is doing a great job. I know my children are getting the academic foundation they need for not only HS, but for college as well. Don't wait another day, get your child into this school!

PS/MS 200 has improved greatly in the past few years. I have been very happy to have my children attend the school. The current principal is very involved in the students' growth and works to keep the school community strong. He knows all of the students names and greets them everyday when they come to school. The curriculum is challenging, but definitely prepares the students for High School. When my son entered high school, he was more advanced in both Math and ELA than the other HS freshmen. The administrative staff is helpful and pleasant to parents and students alike. They get to know the children and parents, and are respectful. I highly recommend this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal at this school has done a very good job of nurturing the students. He gets to know each student, and helps them with anything they need. He is also very good relationship with parents. He makes himself available to both students and parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers in this school help students work hard and improve.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school staff treats minority children as if they do not belong there. My child came home everyday telling me she didn't understand why the teacher helped everyone else except her or didn't give her a cupcake during a kids birthday party or never called on her when she raised her hand or Didn't give her a prize when everyone else got one. It is sad because this is a well behaved child who should never have to go through this type of discrimination at such a young age. Then when I complained about it the principal began to question why my child was late to school instead of addressing the issue.

Last modified Ps Ms 200 The Pomonok School And Star Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.