Bad
Good

Posted August 14, 2015
So... I was a student at PS205, and it's been quite an experience for me. When I transferred to this school in second grade, I felt quite nervous, which I would say is normal for a newcoming student. I was confused in the new environment, but not for long. During my first week of school, the staff came up to me, welcomed me to the school, and did their best to make me feel comfortable. The students at PS205 are also quite friendly, since it was really easy for me to make new friends. Well, I ended up graduating from this school as an honor student. What I've been wanting to say is that both the staff and the students in PS205 are amazingly great, both personally and academically.

Posted May 13, 2014
We love our school ps205! All staffs, techers and principal are nice and friendly. They are all trying to create the safe-environment everyday. I don't hear any complains about bullying issues here at all. On the other hand, we all know, this winter was unusually cold and harsh. The parent coordinator Ms. Lilly was monitoring students at the entrance( outdoor LoL) of school building everyday. Begining of the year, my kids didn't realize who is REAL principal is.. Because she is super friendly with students in cafeteria during the lunch break.

Posted May 02, 2014
My child has been to a couple of elementary schools in the New York area. My husband and I decided to send our kid to PS205 because we could on many different occasions confirm the excellent reputation from many real parents. Since the NY state test has been becoming more demanding and necessitating our children to acquire deeper learning and test taking skills. Much of PS205 staff has extensive experience in training students academically. However, what makes the school standout is its commitment to well-rounded education for kid. The school s principal and teachers are deeply committed to the green cause. At the school, there is a nice greenhouse funded by Cornell University. It runs a recycling program together with The Queens Botanical Garden and NYU Environmental Education, Fundraising Water Pumps for Africa etc. All members of the PS205 community are very happy with the way children are encouraged and motivated not just academically but also social consciousness-wise.

Posted March 28, 2014
Absolutely wonderful school. The principal is enthusiastic about giving the children of her school the best learning experiences possible. She leads a staff of dedicated and caring teachers. I couldn't imagine a beget school for my daughter. We are so lucky to be zoned for the best school in District 26!

Posted March 23, 2014
I have my two kids going to this school, good teaching, good school staff, teachers and principal. pro-active parent coordinator. my children did not experience bullying or heard of.

Posted February 03, 2014
The principal needs to do something about the bullies in the school. Don't ever get involved with PTA women they are old gizers that think they work for the school and get paid. I can't believe how this school is with the Bullies unaware or they don't care? I think both !! We'll wake up people these kids are being bullied and treated unfair !! Some teachers are bullies also it's a nightmare ..!!! Go back grad school people !! You should teach if u have a passion not Bc you get summers off!!!! As far as the students go they really need to check them in moral n disrespectful human beings !!! The principle has her favorites n even has play dates with some moms n kids !!!! Where is the equality n justice for all that we so pledge every morning ???? The best teachers in this school is Mrs. Eisen n Miss, Castelli .A ....

Posted February 22, 2013
Definitely NOT one of the schools that make District #26 the best in the city. This school most likely brings the district's numbers down. Bad leadership from the top to the bottom throughout the school. Horrible attitudes abound. Very unfortunate. We are zoned for this school, we fought to get our kids out of there and into a much, much better school nearby.

Posted September 18, 2012
This school is so out of control with the clicks and the students are bullies because the principal allows them to do whatever the want . She is to. Caught up turning the other way ignoring all the school issues. The parents in the school yard with their bully kids are running ps 205.

Posted September 17, 2012
The truth is one of the worst schools I have seen the discrimination with races and disorganization in every sense; they never know anything and they allow to make parents to form cliques selected for participation in activities in which do not allow the inclusion of other parents . NOT RECOMMENDED :C

Posted November 13, 2011
I have two children in this school and so far I am very happy. It is an academically strong school with devoted teachers. Principal Scott is easy to talk to and committed to excellence. The only downside is that there is not a continuous art and music program.

Ps 205 Alexander Graham Bell
40-25 Bell Boulevard, Queens, NY  11361
Last modified Ps 205 Alexander Graham Bell is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.