Queens, NY

Posted January 22, 2015
We just moved here this year. THis is not the best school, not the worst school and still need more improvement (esthetically and more enrichment programs?). I think the school has more than 30 nationalities and language speakers. My kids are lucky enough to have only 21-23 kids in their classes. The teachers are open and always available for communication. I can tell they are pretty good in keeping track about my kids. I always get the update once in a while (after school or I can call them according to their open schedules for questions). for my son in kindergarten, the teacher tries to emphasize more onto character building and socialization while she keeps track on the academic improvement. My 2nd grader is more responsible, discipline and organize. The school do a lots of events for fundraising and in the mean time fun education/experience for young kids. My kids are excited for the upcoming science fair projects, workshops n trips. They watched movies, music, dance, etc. At least in this school, they hv lots fun while they are learning. My kids also like the park next to the school, they sometimes play there with their classes or after school.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school has improved a lot especially after the new principal is in charge. The principal of this school is very responsive and she cares about the kids and the school. My two kids go to this school. They're doing well and the teachers are excellent and understanding to what my kids need. The school does not tolerate bullies. My kids' progress and performance at school are all being tracked and discussed on every Parent Teacher conference meeting; we have received helpful feedbacks and interactions. The teachers know both of my kids' names although they don't necessarily go the other teachers' classes. My youngest one is still in Kindergarten and she has learned more from her class teacher about a good manner and being polite. I was surprised that she was sweeter and more polite nowadays, like naturally responding: "thank you" or "you are welcome". The school deserves more funding to support the kids and the teachers because sometimes the teachers and principal were willing to use/spend their own money to cover the costs of school supplies or building maintenance.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 1

Posted June 14, 2011
My child was accused of a behavior warranting his class being switched mid-year, yet when I tried to get a clear answer as to what really happened, I got vague responses, no administrator would take my calls and, like magic, records disappeared. .Even the school he transferred to could get no information for the reason his class was changed! He was also far below grade level and was promoted so that he would not affect the school's rating and therefore funding They should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to my child.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
I have 2 children attending this school for the past 3 years. It is not the worst school, but not the best one either. It appears to me that this school is getting worse by the year I think of moving because of it.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 3

Posted April 14, 2010

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 3

Posted December 07, 2009
I like this school both of my kids go there. It is a very nice school with educational fun days and programs for example: chorus, dance and etc.

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009

Posted February 19, 2008

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School
61-2 98th Street, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 206 The Horace Harding School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 206 The Horace Harding School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top