Queens, NY

Posted May 13, 2015
This school really improved a lot from couple years ago. My youngest one goes here now. The new principal and teachers are awesome!!! This year, I attended many workshops and fun activities for my daughter. Good environment, classes and the park are cleaner than previous years. Teachers are open for discussion, they dedicate Tuesdays for counseling/concerns/etc. This month I got a letter for the 3rd parent-teacher conference, which we discussed about my kid's level and how to improve my kid for the next grade. I feel like my daughter goes to a private school. :) thank you for the efforts, keep it up!!!

Posted January 22, 2015
We just moved here this year. THis is not the best school, not the worst school and still need more improvement (esthetically and more enrichment programs?). I think the school has more than 30 nationalities and language speakers. My kids are lucky enough to have only 21-23 kids in their classes. The teachers are open and always available for communication. I can tell they are pretty good in keeping track about my kids. I always get the update once in a while (after school or I can call them according to their open schedules for questions). for my son in kindergarten, the teacher tries to emphasize more onto character building and socialization while she keeps track on the academic improvement. My 2nd grader is more responsible, discipline and organize. The school do a lots of events for fundraising and in the mean time fun education/experience for young kids. My kids are excited for the upcoming science fair projects, workshops n trips. They watched movies, music, dance, etc. At least in this school, they hv lots fun while they are learning. My kids also like the park next to the school, they sometimes play there with their classes or after school.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school has improved a lot especially after the new principal is in charge. The principal of this school is very responsive and she cares about the kids and the school. My two kids go to this school. They're doing well and the teachers are excellent and understanding to what my kids need. The school does not tolerate bullies. My kids' progress and performance at school are all being tracked and discussed on every Parent Teacher conference meeting; we have received helpful feedbacks and interactions. The teachers know both of my kids' names although they don't necessarily go the other teachers' classes. My youngest one is still in Kindergarten and she has learned more from her class teacher about a good manner and being polite. I was surprised that she was sweeter and more polite nowadays, like naturally responding: "thank you" or "you are welcome". The school deserves more funding to support the kids and the teachers because sometimes the teachers and principal were willing to use/spend their own money to cover the costs of school supplies or building maintenance.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 1

Posted June 14, 2011
My child was accused of a behavior warranting his class being switched mid-year, yet when I tried to get a clear answer as to what really happened, I got vague responses, no administrator would take my calls and, like magic, records disappeared. .Even the school he transferred to could get no information for the reason his class was changed! He was also far below grade level and was promoted so that he would not affect the school's rating and therefore funding They should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to my child.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
I have 2 children attending this school for the past 3 years. It is not the worst school, but not the best one either. It appears to me that this school is getting worse by the year I think of moving because of it.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 3

Posted December 07, 2009
I like this school both of my kids go there. It is a very nice school with educational fun days and programs for example: chorus, dance and etc.

Posted November 05, 2007
This is a very good school. My older kid has gone through and younger is in right now.They have improved a lot in last 3 years. Academic programs has been increased. Other activities like sprots, music etc. Is really good. Overall it is good.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School 3

Posted May 30, 2006
Good school. Crowed classrooms. Teachers are very motivated and generally care about the children's progress.

Posted October 01, 2005
Well Im not a parent im a kid that loves that school. I went to this school from kindergarden to 5th grade and almost got elected for student president. Its a little school with a lot of education and trips. I love that school. steven montano.

Posted April 20, 2004
I grew up in this area and went to a neighboring school, taught in this region, and had honor of teaching under the supervision of this Principal. He is awesome, and has once again turned a school around just like his other school. Kudos to PLD.

Ps 206 The Horace Harding School
61-2 98th Street, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 206 The Horace Harding School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 206 The Horace Harding School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top