Queens, NY

Posted August 03, 2014
I have had 3 children of mine in this school . All 3 of them hate it ! The staff and principal are rude ! Some of the teachers are ok and some are just terrible . The administration and principals are terrible !! This school is racist , plays favorites and are just flat out rude and nasty !!! I would say if you didn't grow up in the area do not send your children there ! The school has a huge bullying problem . Some of the families are just like there children . These kids have an entitlement attitude and are no different from the bad schools in any other area it's just that these kids are white !

Ps 207 Rockwood Park 4

Posted July 25, 2014
I agree with the other reviews about the bullying at this school. This school is absolutely not a nurturing environment for a child to grow up in. The teachers seem to do the bullying as well. Teachers choose their favorite kids and cast the other students aside. The best interest of the child is not regarded only what is in best interest of the teachers and the school. This school has their own way of dealing with everyday activities that do not follow normal public school protocol. I was definitely disappointed with my experience and decided to put my child in a private school in the area.

Ps 207 Rockwood Park 2

Posted April 09, 2014
Bullying is rampant in this school. Children are judged on everything imaginable. Staff often turns their heads to bullying. staff seems more concerned about making administration happpy than genuineely caring about their students. There are some good teachers, but they seem to be punished for putting the kids first.,

Ps 207 Rockwood Park 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My son goes to Kindergarten and I have to say he likes his school very much. He's doing very well. Kuddos to all the teachers in K01. Thank you for all the time you put into my son Vince. I hope he continues throughout his elementary school years to be as ambitious as he's been in Kindergarten.

Ps 207 Rockwood Park 2

Posted July 27, 2012
Bullying at this school is the worse I've ever seen (and I do have 2 older children who attended different NYC public schools). The parents do not discilpine their children and the school looks the other way and lets it go on. I've never experienced such a large number of spolied children and adults. I will be taking my son out of this school before September. However, the teachers are wonderful. It's a shame that they are doing away with the honors program for the middle school students. Some of these kids are serious students and have worked really hard to get into the ARP program & now they will have no honors listed on their 7th grade transcripts. The principal is constantly making terrible decisions and the children suffer.

Ps 207 Rockwood Park 5

Posted March 01, 2012
Wow these posts are terrible! I am shocked by the reviews. Yes there are some parents at the school that are very clicky. There are some parents that will look down to you if you are not rich or do not belong in the district. What hey don't want is out of zoned kids they suspect will be a problem. If you show them attitutde they have no problem showing one back. My sons are out of zone and everyone knows it because I disclose it to all of the parents. I have never heard of a list! H.B. is really a small area and everyone is either friends or a friend of. They know who belongs in the school and who doesn't. If you have issues ignore it . Give it time and you will find you love it here and your kids are getting the best education around. Maybe you guys are being a bit quick to judge. Racist, come on! It is majority white, but saying the school is racist is just totally wrong. There are kids from all walks of life here that have no problem. There is good and bad at any school. However, this school just happens to be top rated.

Posted December 18, 2011
This school allows bullying. They do not protect the victim. When the victim tries to defend themself they get into trouble. The bullies continue to get away with it because they get no repercussion. The aides are not well trained on how to monitor the children inside and outside.

Posted July 11, 2011
Just rang about the procedure to register my daughter for kindergarten as I've just moved into the neighborhood and my conversatioin with the principle was very unpleasant. She proceeded to ask whether I had bought a home in the neighborhood and when I advised her that I am leasing, she told me that I needed 2 proofs of address which I am aware is process but she seemed bothered that I was just a tenant and not an owner. She had the nerve to ask whether my landlord claims my living there on his taxes and that I may be required for him to physically be there with me as proof. I'm sorry but if that is the attitude the principal has, I certainly do not want my daughter learning her social manners from someone like that. Shame!

Posted January 10, 2011
Every year they put a list out for the out of zoned kids twice a year. I tried agin putting my child on this list and all of a sudden they are telling me that there is so such list and you must be zoned for the school which I find Very, Very funny. There are a good amount of children that are not zoned for this school and I found the ladies in the office are so unprofessional and rude.

Posted November 11, 2010
this school is only good if you spoil your kids with juicy, uggs, ed hardy, and northface. My children were made fun of because they never liked the clothing the other children liked. everyone is racist and judgmental. its not the education that counts in that school, its how wealthy you are.

Ps 207 Rockwood Park
159-15 88th Street, Queens, NY  11414
Last modified Ps 207 Rockwood Park is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 207 Rockwood Park Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top