Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,636

Posted July 23, 2015
i like it here because the teachers are awesome and you can make so much fun, so this school is a mix of education and fun, even though sometimes education is boring, it still a great school, P.S., im not an administrator, i'm a student who passed 6th grade going to 7th, and i first got her i thought i wasn't gonna make friends and i would be bullied all the time, but it came out the total opposite, i started to make friends and not get bullied.

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck 1

Posted June 17, 2015
I don't know where to start but I my child started there from grade 7 and it's so much going on involvement in gang caught with drugs too much bad influence and no communication from teachers they ignore every negative behaviors .

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck 4

Posted May 26, 2014
I like my school, I like how the teachers care about the students and their education. I know some of the students mess up the school, there are some gangs but you just have to ignore them. Overall I love my school

Posted November 12, 2013
My son and daughter attends this school. They are in 6th and 8th grade. I was initially nervous about sending them to this school, but this is the end of my second year and I am so happy. My son who was always struggling is has been on the honor roll two years now, thanks to Pupil Path and the dedication of the teachers. I have never met a nicer staff and principal. So happy to have my children attend this school.

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck 4

Posted November 11, 2013
This school has a great reputation regarding teacher interest in helping and caring. My child is currently in attendance here and I have no regrets. She excel at her work and can communicate with her teachers if she needs help. I am constantly getting phone calls with regards to up coming events. From attending parent teacher meetings I see the work and dedication each of her teachers have put into their student. I think ps 217 is a gem in this neighborhood and highly recommend this school. Of course we can't depend on teacher actions alone for our child's success. We are in this as well so parents don't blame the school if your child isn't doing well. Are you doing enough to help?

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck 1

Posted September 18, 2013
This happen last year.My daughter and son used to go to this school my daughter got bullied to the point where she could not focus I wish I didn't put her in this school the teacher and principal do not care they just ignore me I put them in a better school and now I feel so much better this school is a mad house parents control your kids

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck 2

Posted June 28, 2013
My daughter went here for 6th grade and half of 7th. She was bullied and harassed to the point of having a nervous breakdown. The principal could not care less and the bullies were just told to stop it and they kept bothering her. Her average was a 60%. Some genuine great teachers but terrible principal. I placed her in a private school St.Demetrios Jamaica Day School shes never been happier and she has an 80%.

Posted November 22, 2011
I have a child in this school. Teachers are great..the staff are caring...and whats good is they always remind us about the events in this school....they communicate by phone if your child have issues(late..absent etc) same day...they really show concern. The curriculum is great....math...science...social studies...they have a lot of extra curricular activities that will help the children to grow and learn more.... Teachers have a high standard in teachings and they make sure that the child understands and learn everything...they are very helpful..thanks to teachers and, dmin of this school,youre all doing great job.

Posted June 28, 2011
I attended Van Wyck JHS from Sep. 66 thru Jun 69 after completing the sixth grade at Shimer JHS 142. What a wonderful time to be there! Everything was great: the teachers, the curriculum, the sports, and the facilities. I have many fond memories of the teachers and the students.

Posted September 08, 2009
This school is very good the teachers in the school are very helpful and nice and they will do what ever they can to help us be succsessful there funny and they treat us good they are like our best friend

Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck
85-05 144th Street, Queens, NY  11435
Last modified Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 217 Robert A Van Wyck Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top