Posted October 03, 2014
My son started Kindergarten at PS 220 and he loves it. He has a great teacher. I am glad we decided to send him there for the G&T program even though there are some bad reviews from dissatisfied parents.

Ps 220 Edward Mandel 5

Posted September 14, 2014
My daughter graduated PA 220. So far she had great teachers who really cared about her academics. Since K to 5th grade cannot complain about any of her teachers. Any problems addressed were solved. The only thing I was concerned about is no soap to wash hands in lunch room and some bathrooms. That needs to be addressed.

Posted May 15, 2014
My child went there for half-day (afternoon session) Pre-K and it was a wonderful experience. Per regulation, the class size was small with at least 2 dedicated teachers at all times. For most of the class, this was their first formal school experience so its an important step in learning to like school and learning in general. Among the downsides are that the school is quite crowded, particularly around dismissal when it seems the entire, extended family shows up, and that the only nearby public transportation is the Q23 bus.

Posted June 18, 2013
I am a very active parent in my child's life. Went to school to observe my child's class since I was received a couple of calls from school and was very upset at what I saw. I agree with many parents, the school is like prison. No organizational skills. School curriculum sucks. The staff is rude, unfortunately my sons behavior declined even further from the environment he is currently in. I am definitely contacting the District office so they can begin investigating and most importantly evaluating the teachers and staff they hire. Very unhappy with the experience my child has. I am very much afraid for my child's safety. My child has no motivation. My son comes home everyday and tells me that his teachers shouts all the time. I didn't believe him till I observed the class myself. What I saw was horrible. I urge all the parents to visit the class and school in general to have an idea where their kids spend their day. If you care for your children take action. Your child is not safe in this school.

Ps 220 Edward Mandel 3

Posted January 06, 2012
this is my childs 1st year @ the school but I went a long time ago, & yes I do agree with some of the statments made like staff being rude & not friendly & staff being loud with the kids but it is a good school that trys hard 2 be the best & with limited resources & staff we can not complain especialty when parents do not get involved, there is so much the staff can do, the kids also need their parents involved & there is none! u can not complain if u r not going 2 help make it better! no school is perfect but it is a good school & i would b the 1st 2 say something but I also get involved! but wish the school was more diverse staff & kids!!

Posted December 20, 2011
WORST SCHOOL EVER! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER send your child to this school.. too many problems, too little support ~ this school is a JOKE! home school ur child before u send them here!

Posted April 22, 2011
This school is like a prison. To much favorotism at this school. If somebody doesn't like your child, they will make sure that other people will do same. My son was taken to the hospital by a stupidity of his classmate principal of that school. Just a simple joke put my son in troble for which I wasted $500 because of this school.

Posted March 11, 2011
The staff always seems upset and everyone is always yelling all over the place. Everything else seems to be ok including the teachers. Not sure yet though but will come back and post soon for more detailed information. Oh, and the bathrooms are really very stinky for sure.

Ps 220 Edward Mandel 3

Posted May 25, 2010
Like all schools, I suppose, this one has some good teachers and some not-so-good ones. I do think the administration for the school is decent--they genuinely care about the children and their well-being, but there is often little follow-up on things because of insufficient staffing. I have spent plenty of time there with lots of opportunity to observe. There's a good deal of yelling by adults. I think it sets a very poor example for the children and leads to unnecessary stress for all. The school has low parent involvement, and I see this as a big drawback.

Ps 220 Edward Mandel 5

Posted February 19, 2010
My daoughter has gone to this school for 6 years and now she is in honers class in seventh grade

Ps 220 Edward Mandel
62-10 108th Street, Queens, NY  11375
Last modified Ps 220 Edward Mandel is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 220 Edward Mandel Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top