Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 1

Posted November 15, 2013
My daughter has been enrolled here since the end of sept and I am very unhappy with the structure of this school. There is a lack of communication with the parents. Her grades have always been good and now she needs improvement. She has had issues with her classmates since day one. No child is perfect but where is the classroom discipline. This school needs some MAJOR structure improvement. Transferring her ASAP!

Posted September 27, 2013
I graduated from this school on the year of 2013. I can happily say that 7 years of my life was happily spent at P.S. 223. I love all the teachers and I think that it is a very good school. I was apart of the tap program when I was in fifth grade, i really enjoyed that. Elementary school was enjoyable and anyone should be honored to attend there.

Posted August 12, 2013
My eldest daughter recently graduated from this school and I am so sad to see her time at P.S. 223 come to an end. This teachers at this school have nurtured my daughters academically talents and artistic talents. In Second grade, my daughters class had a detailed debate on slavery. In Third grade, she was chosen to represent her school at a Technology Fair. In fourth grade, the class read MacBeth and in fifth grade the teacher had the students write a comparison essay utilizing Phenomenal Women by Maya Angelou and Ain't I Woman by Sojourner Truth. I will forever be grateful to the staff at P.S. 223Q for successfully building upon my daughter's educational foundation. The afterschool Tap Class is amazing as well.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 4

Posted May 09, 2010
i think this the top school to me because the staff is very good to my son.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 0

Posted November 20, 2008
My daughter is now in the 2nd grade and is a part of the after school program OST which gives homework help and a little extracurricular activity which she seems to like. I am a little concerned as well that her Home FUN assignments are not consistent and seems to be all over the place which confuses not onyl my child but myself and her father as well. we have parent/teacher conference this evening and I will express my concerns then..overall my childs teacher is one of the best (so I've heard) and we'll see where this school year leads us.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 1

Posted June 07, 2008

Posted March 20, 2008

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 3

Posted January 29, 2008
PS 223 does have quite a few opportunities. There has to be a better teacher-parent communication. My daughter is in the gifted an talented program, I do not have a comfort level on the assignments that she is learning on a day to day basis. I have to rely on her to tell me homework expectations for the week. The homework sheets are great, but they have to be a little more consistant. For example, If the children are learning about the planets, I am looking for clarity from the teacher on the student expectations and expectations from the parent.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 3

Posted November 07, 2007
My daughter just started here for the 2006-2007 school year in the Gifted and Talented Program. I am disappointed by the fact that there are few non-academic activities for the children--no art, no gym and tons of classwork and homework. A recent discussion with the principal about these issues was extremely unproductive. I will be attending P.T.A. meetings to explore solutions.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson 0

Posted November 01, 2007
My daughter is new to the school begining 1st grade. I was really upset that this was her zone school. Since the begining I have made myself known with her teachers and the principal Mrs. Otto who is terrific she keeps the kids in line and is a no-mess having authority figure which I love. So far so good and with more parent participation I think we can overcome the bad stigma attached to the school.

Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson
125-20 Sutphin Boulevard, Queens, NY  11434
Last modified Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 223 Lyndon B Johnson Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top