Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,063

Posted October 09, 2014
I am a parent of 3 children who have attended PS 232. Two have gone on to high school and college. The staff at PS 232 are exceptional beginning with Mrs. Josephson the principal. Her primary goal is the best education for all the students in her school. She tries to remain on neutral ground both with the faculty and the parents. My children have had a good education for their primary and middle school years. She also has a very competent staff. Mrs. Leibman Asst. Principal, Mr. Collins, Asst. Principal and Ms. Black, Guidance Cons. The Teachers give every child the fundamental tools to learning and succeeding in their future. It is up to the individual child and their family to continue on to a road of success. Thank you faculty of PS 232.

Posted June 26, 2014
I am a parent of a 5th grader and a 2nd grader in P.S 232. My older son is in the gifted class. He will be leaving and going to The Scholar's Academy. I would like to thank Ms Josephson the principal,Ms Leibman, Ms DeClemente, Ms Turner, Ms Adams, Ms Stetina and not forgetting Ms Wilenski for the wonderful job you guys have done. After six years it feels like we are one big happy family. Just found out some of the teachers will not be coming back in September, I feel like I'm losing a member of my family. My younger child will still be in the school. I am so thankful for what this school has given and continues to give not only my children but other students as well. THANK YOU P. S 232, you are greatly appreciated.

Posted April 03, 2014
As a parent and former student I am so grateful to be part of such a loving and caring school. The teachers we have had over the past years have been nothing but caring. My son had surgery on his hand And his teacher purchased him special pencils make his writing more comfortable. During the summer she emailed him about a book she thought he would enjoy proof that even during vacation teachers still care and work. This year with the stress of state testing both of my children came home with letters of encouragement and praise. It amazes me that with over 1000 students the principals know each and every one. Once a month she has a Breakfast and invited parents to discuss matters and keep them informed it's so warm and welcoming. Numerous meetings our principal has stated that they are teaching our children for a career not a job as a parent this is the kind of education I want for my child's success and future. I am always kept Informed of my child's progress and they are always given extra help in the areas needed. They are receiving the best possible education from the most loving caring staff and I'm proud my children are part of the 232 family.

Ps 232 Lindenwood 4

Posted November 10, 2013
My children are both in the upper grades at 232. I do agree that the principal is incompetent but I must say the assistant principals do as much as they can to help the children. In the younger grades the assistant principal actually cares for the children. I do believe that having personal friends teach in the school has caused the principals credibility to decrease. Those teachers are also the most uncaring teachers my children have had so far. The school itself has exceptional teachers who do go above and beyond. This has nothing to do with the principal.

Posted November 07, 2013
MY child attends this school. Education is a very important gift I can give to my child. The principal of this school is providing and exceptional experience for my child. This gift of learning is not only given in academic areas but in enrichment activities as well. The professionalism of all staff in the building is excellent and represent the best in the city. As the bumper sticker says I am a proud parent of a student at PS 232. This principal helps these children learn and adds programs to assist children that are struggling and truly wants her students to succeed. The principal and staff are always available an address concerns of parents thoroughly. I feel this school is giving my child the foundations to enjoy learning and to want to continue to learn through the years. I would like to thank PS 232 for being a part of my child's life. I am so glad that I am able to send my child to this neighborhood school.

Posted November 06, 2013
My child attends ps232 and receives a wonderful education. The teachers keep me Informed of my child's progress. The principal Mrs. Josephson is always welcoming , caring and answers my concerns promptly. I feel very lucky that my child is in such a caring environment.

Ps 232 Lindenwood 4

Posted October 30, 2013
A firm principal is one thing but incompetent to the point she constantly tells parents she can't recall what was said to a parent by her, is just ridiculous. My children do love the school and their teachers. The principal has a lot of room for improvement. When a parent questions what's going on with their children the principal should have an answer or find an answer not make excuses.

Posted October 30, 2013
My three children attend PS 232, so I have spent a lot of years in and out of this building. All three administrators have met with me to discuss the academic strengths and weaknesses of my children and sometimes have also shared personal advice about raising children. They have always excepted my phone calls unless they were in a meeting or in the classrooms. I speak to my friends and my own sisters whose children are in other schools and there is nothing out there that compares to PS 232. They want to come to PS 232. That type of school has leadership that begins at the top. It sounds like a disgruntled parent below is having trouble with her own child who is not doing well on state tests. It is the responsibility of the parent to make sure that their child is confident and successful, not the school. Some parents just do not want to take the responsibility and they are in denial. Working in schools today is difficult enough; they do not need parents who knock them down every step of the way just because their child is not doing well.

Posted October 28, 2013
My children love the school and their teachers. It is the teachers that make a great impacted on the children and it is the princal who holds the whole school together. Some parents don't understand at sometimes the princal has to be firm.

Ps 232 Lindenwood 3

Posted October 27, 2013
The principal has a tendency to forget that she is dealing with involved parents and attempts to treat parents as if they are inferior to her. We have had numerous issues with the principal. As a whole the school is a good school with the majority of teachers who generally care for the children. With the new common core standards the teachers and students are in the process of learning which is fine. The DOE should seriously think about revising their promotion criteria for June due to the fact that numerous children maintain 90's or better throughout the year and just because they score low on the state exams they are mandated to summer school this is a genuine waste of time and money especially given the summer school exam is a city exam (easier) and the May test is a state exam (harder) in other words why have your children work to keep good grades if what matters is the grade on the state tests... Just a concerned parent

Ps 232 Lindenwood
157-23 83rd Street, Queens, NY  11414
Last modified Ps 232 Lindenwood is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 232 Lindenwood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top