Queens, NY

Posted September 11, 2014
Does a great job in many ways! I'm very grateful an emergency situation was handled with professionalism and with urgency. A lost child from a neighborhood school, could have had a different outcome but because they followed policy & procedure they saved a life.

Posted September 04, 2014
Great leadership, excellent teachers, and extra curricular activities!! My daughter excels in this school and I love the environment. I'm not sure it's the right school for students challenged with learning disabilities and IEPs.

Ps 251 4

Posted April 18, 2014
This is a great school, due in part to its small size and some of the fine teachers, but mostly because of the leadership of the principal and vice principal, Mrs. L and Mr. C, respectively. The atmospere is warm and caring. They truly seem to care about the students and their futures. I do hope that they get to do the 4th and 5th grade expansion, it would benefit the students and the community.

Posted June 03, 2013
PS 251 is one of the best schools in Springfield Gardens. My child has received a top notch education during his time at the school. They have an online grade book which allows me to keep up with my child's progress and they take the 3rd graders on a marine biology trip every year. Awesome school with great teachers!

Ps 251 2

Posted May 06, 2013
The school staff are unfriendly and lazy. My daughter did have a few good teachers though. Dr. Kavalis was one of the best teachers there. He really should be at a better school. The PTA coordinator... pitiful. I had my daughter in girl scouts and most of the time she wasn't even there. It was a waste. Unless you force the staff to do something, they will not. The old lady with the grey ponytail and glasses is the pitts. She is so cold. I really can't understand why she is even in this field. Principal Loncke is fair and will try to fix a problem, but the rest of them? SMH

Ps 251 3

Posted October 07, 2012
My daughter attended this school since she was 5. when she attended the 3the third grade , her teacher and the principal thought that she should be iin special ed. I fought that because i knew my child i knew how far she can go. when she ready for the test , the principal ask me if i have a 504 plan application to allow extra time for her on the test. I felt ver uncomfortable in that school and i know my daughter did too . Her teacher kept saying in front of the class certain kids he is worry about because knew they would not pass the test. He kept telling me get her tested. I know my child , we move i thought i could keep her in the school but we move to a different district and she started in the new school . however guess what she passed both test. . she is doing excellent in her new school. Ps 251 was ready to put her in special ed when the teacher had no patience. she is comfortable now and in the 4th fourth grade. Now she is getting 4 grade work on the level 4 graders are suppose to be .

Ps 251 1

Posted October 19, 2011
The principle is not very helpful with resources for kids...The school is more of a high school than Elementary. I did not know the school was so bad until i enrolled my kids and showed up without notice the kids classrooms look like shelters. Very unacceptable

Posted October 13, 2010
P.S 251 Queens in Springfield Gardens, NY is very dedicated to the kind of education their children receives. Their motto "Mentoring Every Child for Maximum Success" not only speaks to their commimtment to parents & teachers involvement in a child's educational process, but portrays their determination to stick to their core values and initiatives to bring about desired results.

Ps 251 1

Posted September 22, 2010
Please stop, look and listen. befor you enroll your child\children into this school. my son was a victim of not only physical and mental abuse. by his classmates. while his teachers turn their faces and pretended not to see any harm beig conducted. Teachers are mean disrepectful and degrading the children while the principal appears to be lost in space. if your children has special needs, they will not recieve the appropriate care . how do i know?? cause my child was Neglected. so if your seeking a teacher in the school that will allow your child to come home unhappy then this is the school for you.

Ps 251 0

Posted September 29, 2009
I love PS 251 because of the dedicated teachers and staff that work all year round to create and foster an environment that is constructive, positive, and practical. I have participated in several community service activities with the staff, students, and parents from planting trees in community parks, Refurbishing and painting the school playground, walking in the NYC AIDS walk 2009. To the creation and maintenance of a reading garden for the students.Even over the summer when the children are on vacation you can find teachers watering the garden and planting flowers, vegetables and herbs. I truley believe that the students of P.S. 251 benefit from the dedication of the teachers both in the classroom and outside of it. Thank you for considering P.S. 251

Ps 251
144-51 Arthur Street, Queens, NY  11413
Last modified Ps 251 is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 251 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top