Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 2,547

Richmond Hill High School 2

Posted September 12, 2013
My freshman year was HORRIBLE!! The students were immature and craved attention. It was really distractin in class. I would not have passed my algebra regents if I didn't have it already in middle school. The teacher always had to stop to teaching to yell at the annoying kids. Many kids there are ghetto, but thats not really a problems cause it is new York anyway and a lot of the kids there come all the way from Brooklyn. Im about a week into my sophomore year right now and I'm now in the building. It's okay so far but still not the best. There is no air conditioning which I think the school would be able to afford. It's not a recommended school. But if you have no choice but to go there (like me) just stay with the good crowd of kids, which is extremely hard to find in that school lol. And if you have an opportunity to go to another school, take it! Cause you'll regret it.

Richmond Hill High School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
Although my freshmen year was horrible at the school and I had no words of appreciation, one eventually realizes that the school's reputation is not the one to be entirely blamed. 90% of teachers are wonderful, know their subject well and create challenging assignments especially in APs. Most of the staff is very helpful however the lack of resources and funding has tagged the school as not one of the best which has resulted in lack of programs and their awareness like MUN and IB diplomas. Competition is between a certain group of people as many students don't take their education seriously. Progress can be made in many areas. While I do not regret being a part of RHHS, i certainly do wish for it to be much better.

Richmond Hill High School 3

Posted June 28, 2012
It has been several years since I graduated, I loved the teachers! They made my learning experience better and they're always willing to help out if I had any trouble,

Richmond Hill High School 1

Posted December 20, 2011
I honestly do not know how much a high school can possible be. My high school experience in this school was just straight forward terrible. I will be graduating within a 3.6 GPA, but honestly in any other school I would have graduated with a much higher GPA. I feel as if the teachers and staff are the real reason behind the schools failures. It is very easy to cut in this school as the guards don't even care if your cutting, not even when they KNOW your cutting. Also abut 80% of the teachers don't know how to teach. Nor do they know how to control their students while in class.. It is very easy to cheat on tests in this school as well. There are students whose GPA are about as high as mine and they don't deserve it AT ALL. I remember a teacher who would give out to almost everybody a 100 in the class when no one but myself had 100's on all the tests. . I haven't even been able to take all the AP classes that i want to take because they aren't even offered at my school. Availability of classes are really low i.e) language and AP classes. Overall if you want a bright future do not go to this school as you will struggle to get high grades.

Richmond Hill High School 5

Posted April 18, 2011
Richmond Hill High School is an amazing school. No matter what it's reputation be, only it's students and staff know how wonderful an experience they have had during their time there. Of course, it has its positives and negatives, but we've all enjoyed our time there overall. I do not AT ALL regret attending this school, even though I was not comfortable at first. My high school experience turned out to be fantastic. I have made the best of friends there, met and learned from the greatest and the most caring teachers, and there's no doubt that my friends, my teachers and the programs, sports and events offered at RHHS were enough to keep me completely satisfied and happy there. This school is very supportive of a safe and enjoyable learning environment and they definitely do try their best to keep it that way. There are just some students who try to ruin that to the best of their abilities. But again, despite the downs we've had, RHHS is an awesome school and at the end of our journey, no student has regretted to be part of the Richmond Hill High School alumni =]

Richmond Hill High School 1

Posted September 27, 2010
Richmond Hill High School isn't a great school. it does not have excellent teachers, nor does it have a strong principal or challenging academic programs.The AP classes are useless,its like when you start class, it is okay but as the year goes on of course it gets tough but apparently the teachers just focus on the AP exam which isn't necessary to take.I remember my sophomore year i had to take the World History AP exam and that's all the teacher ever focused on..it wasn't right because i knew it didn't matter much because the main point was to pass the regents.i knew i could have done better on the regents. but the teacher said if we don't take the AP exam then it would be counted as a class test and if we fail then you would fail the class. it was just wrong.im not done. -.-

Posted November 05, 2009
We're diverse and this school is amazing. The teachers are great and our friends we make are for a lifetime.

Richmond Hill High School 5

Posted November 01, 2009
Richmond Hill High School's staff and students are amazing. Our logo 'diversity is our strenght' is completely true. We have a variety of students and are all respected by each other. The staff members are simply amazing. They are more then staff to us, thay hve become a part of or family. The staff at RHHS tend to treat you like their own and make sure they do all that they can in order to help you succeed not only in school but also in life itself. Overall, I am a senior and graduating from this school is an honor to me. I will miss this to school to a great extent.

Posted October 19, 2009
We're diverse and no day is ever the same! The teachers are great and our friends our like our family outside of the school. It may have it's rough moments, but its still a great place to learn.

Posted October 19, 2009
Richmond hill high school is really a nice school. The Teachers are amazing, you'll never find anyone quite like them.I would say Richmond hill has its days were its not so fun,but other than that is a great school. Although the classes are big the teachers make sure all the students get time to ask their question.I'm really happy i decided to go to Richmond hill because i made friend with teacher and students whom i will always cherish!

Richmond Hill High School
89-30 114th Street, Queens, NY  11418
Last modified Richmond Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond Hill High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top