Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,496
Before care: Yes

Posted December 14, 2013
This school is amazing. It fulfills your wishes. The teachers and adults here are amazing. This school not only offers you a great education but an awesome experience.

Posted October 01, 2012
I started there as a 7th grade and now m in my senior year of high school and planning for my college...I.s. 5 was a great school..at first I didn't know how use computer or laptop n teenbiz3000 really helped me get it started... Miss this school a lot...class of 09(:

Posted August 25, 2012
Not only is the staff there to help you whenever but you will meet the greatest people there. The friends you make there are hopefully forever cause they are the greatest, the teachers too from Mr.Miranda to Ms.Arce you'll never want to leave, last day is the saddest, but when you look back at the experience you'll want to relive it, the school is amazing, great curriculum and it helps you get ready for High School, I suggest that if you were to put your child into any Middle School it be this one, the environment is great, security is useful, they just finished up a new yard, don't hesitate for a second to send your kid here, this is the most amazing school I have ever attended and every single person you meet from your friends to the staff are the greatest people you will ever meet

Posted August 11, 2012
do you have to wear uniform or is it optional,please anyone answer me, im going to this school and i really dont like uniform.

Posted January 29, 2012
I.S 5 great school, the last time i been there was 9 year ago class of 03 they help me out a lot for i am grateful....

Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School 4

Posted March 31, 2011
My kid started I.S. 5 as a 6th grader and now she is graduating G8. She got accepted to a specialized High School and some of her friends too. I thank the school for doing a great job to prepare them. I.S. 5 is safe and has strong academics and a lot of extra activities. Teachers are engaged and responsive. The staff is well-trained and parents are well-informed of what is going on. The kids do behave. One parent said her daughter did not like to go to the old school but now she loves to go to I.S.5. And they have to travel a bit to get there. Kudo to the principle, Mr Mike Daytona who started as a teacher, who runs the school hands-on. He has a vision and very resourceful. Every class has a smart board and laptops are all over the place. I particularly like the web-based programs for ELA and Math. TeenBiz 3000 is an amazing program for any kid becuase it lets them progress at their own pace. My daughter is reading at adult level. It prepares the kids for the state test by giving them non-fiction arcticles and activities. The only downsize is the school is big and the parents could be more engaging. I stronly recommend I.S.5.

Posted October 20, 2010
If you're from 51st Avenue Academy and are transferring to this school, don't hesitate! It's a great school, with awesome teachers! Especially if you're in a honors class. You can talk easily with the teachers. Also, they're currently trying to build new sports stuff in the School Yard, which is cool. I hope they get it done before I leave this school! ): Class of 2011~

Posted March 30, 2010

Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School 0

Posted March 30, 2010
Greatestt School Ever Went there for three years! teachers couldnt be better.! LUV U MS GARCiA .. 814 Class of 2010 :'(

Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School 2

Posted January 31, 2010

Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School
50-40 Jacobus Street, Queens, NY  11373
Last modified Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 5 The Walter Crowley Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top