Posted June 11, 2014
MY SCHOOL IS AWESOME. I am currently a 7th grader moving to 8th grade on the third floor house 3. All of you should this school rocks and is awesome. When moving into a new grade you stay on your house (this is my second year on house 3). You only change floors if you get into trouble or a new class is added. This school has its own Jr. and Sr. Arista program. This school also has an eight grade AP math and science class. This school has a system for people who are disruptive and misbehave which we call project save. I have been in this school for awesome two years and i can tell you its awesome and when or if you plan to go there have the time of your life. AKA 3rd floor is the best especially in the 7th grade when you have science the teacher is awesome (not gonna spoil it by saying how). Make sure to have the time of your life. ENJOY LOUIS ARMSTRONG MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) P.S.: I am a very awesome student on the third floor

I.S. 227 Louis Armstrong Intermediate School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
this is a amazing school. they truly go out of their way to make sure students are in their right environment. Currently i am a 7 grader on the 2nd floor. My teachers are amazing and because of them i am able to receive a 98 average and join ariesta j.r.

Posted January 19, 2014
I am a very hard person to impress but LAMS was hands down the best experience as a mother a parent could hope for. Outstanding artistic sensitive teachers who are very dedicated and love to teach. I was always welcome and my child was treated with respect and the very high expectation level pushed my child to learn more. My child was ready for the HS admissions process both mentally and academically. You are privileged if you get accepted to this exceptional school. The last day of school will be a sad day for me. It's been a joy.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son goes to this school. It's one of the best school in the town. Now I regret why I didn't I sent my daughter here. Lots of activities and my son love this school. I will surely recommend this school to anyone now.

Posted October 15, 2013
is the best school ever. best middle school in new york. great education and leadership. i love the band

Posted September 30, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS SOOOOO GOOD I WILL RECOMMENED THIS FOR ANY ONE!I HAVE BEEN IN THIS SCHOOL FOR ONE MONTH AND ITS JUST AMAZING I AM A 6 TH GRADER AND I JUST LOVE THE SCHOOL THE TEACHERS ARE SO SUPPORTIVE! AND I AM IN HOUSE 4 WHICH IS THE BEST HOUSE! I JUST REALLY LOVE THAT THEY HAVE LOCKERS FOR THE KIDS! I JUST LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted September 10, 2013
This school is excellent, it prepares the students for High School academically and in the arts. I am so happy my child is attending I.S. 227.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter is in I.s.227 and she is very good at all subjects so I want to thank this school for helping kids get better and I want to tell them to keep going and keep working on making kids better thank you

Posted June 27, 2013
Louis Armstrong is an excellent school. My son graduated in June, 2013. The staff is very supportive, organized, and friendly. His peers interesting and encouraging. The music teacher is amazing.The chorus introduced him to a wide genre of music, different languages and fostered his talents. On a whole his life has been truly enriched by his experiences at LAMS!

Posted June 07, 2013
I am a ninth grader attending High School of Applied Communication. I transerred to I.S 227 in 6th grade. Honestly, it's such a great school. I highley recommend this school for any 5th grader. Also if you do not get accepted the first time and can also try in 7th grade. I know people that joined I.S 227 in eigth grade. Do not give up! This school is amazin, I learned alot and it provides many extracuricular activeites.

I.S. 227 Louis Armstrong Intermediate School
32-02 Junction Boulevard, Queens, NY  11369
Last modified I.S. 227 Louis Armstrong Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
I.S. 227 Louis Armstrong Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 143 reviews. Top