Queens, NY

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 4

Posted May 11, 2014
I am in this school and I myself think that it's a great school because It has great teachers and the first day I went to school a made so many friends. The only thing I hate about this school which made me give this school a 4-star is its environment which is really aweful but except for the environment everything is great in this school and I am saying it because I experienced it and I am telling the parents that it's a great school and your child will surely enjoy being in this school!

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 2

Posted May 25, 2010
All I can say is that I am glad that my son will be done with IS8 in a couple of weeks. I believe that this school could be so much better with a better supporting cast. That is the teachers, the parents , the community. It takes a village to raise a child but unfortunately the village around this school is not very positive. Parents must realize that the respect and behavior must begin at home. There also needs to be more programs guided towards tutoring instead of sports and parties and such. Big Props to the S.O.S. program.- That's What I'm Talking About - Positive programs to inspire our youth.

Posted April 15, 2010
I agree with the Feburary 27 statement. there are some teachers that actually care about the students. the principal (how should i say this) has two faces, when the parents are in front of her she talks nice to the kids, as soon as the parents are gone she flips out (my motto is if you show these kids respect then they will shouw you respect) most of these teachers do not respect these kids, they constintantly yell at the kids call them names, etc. they feel do as i say and thats it. This is a new generation, these children are not going to tolarate that from anyone espceally teachers. These teachers are tooo young to be trying to keach these kids.

Posted February 27, 2010
this school has always been horrible! most of the staff could care less about these students with a handful that actually do. some of the better teachers have already transferred to better schools.most of the children are from a tough neighborhood where increasing violence is active and there are very little extra curricular activities offered to motivate students. programs often get canceled because of short staff or school budget cuts. there is limited intervention/support available for troubled students as well as no existing parental support. the teachers are not willing or able to control the students or motivate them. i would not advise any parent to send their child to yhis school

Posted December 21, 2009
This school is great. There are uniforms for each floor that is decated to the childrens education. my child is on the thrid floor which is a bue shirt and the school floor is for law.

Posted January 20, 2009
I do not know what is wrong with the after school programs. They cannot seem to keep workers. They change personnel every time you turn around. We had a wonderful young lady that took time with the kids and now she is gone. Get it together and stop playing games.

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 5

Posted June 10, 2007

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 3

Posted May 01, 2005

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 5

Posted April 23, 2004

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley 3

Posted August 26, 2003
This school could be much better if some of the staff would act more like educators than friends to the students. There are a handful of teachers who truly care about the make up of the school and its processes but just a handful. My child has attended this school for the past two years and while the programs offered are far greater than those of neighboring schools the school environment is often deminished by students who are disruptive & disrespectful to staff and students alike. The discipline of and tolerance for the students who can be heard on any given day cursing like sailors leaves much to be desired!!!

Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley
108-35 167th Street, Queens, NY  11433
Last modified Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 8 Richard S Grossley Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top