Queens, NY

Ps 56 Harry Eichler 2

Posted November 06, 2014
My other issue will be short and sweet. I'm just going to ask a question. If a child is introduced to multiplication, how is that the homework problems they are receiving are large numbers like 50x5? So how is a child suppose to understand the basic principles of multiplication? Whatever happen to 1x1 through 12? I refuse to even talk about this "Go Math" and how it's the worst math book for any kid to learn from. I am looking to transfer him out as I type. The teachers at P.S. 56 are very nice but overall, the curriculum is HORRIBLE and will set a kid up to fail and fall behind.....

Posted December 01, 2012
I am a former student here. This school is awesome. I love this school and miss it because right now i am in middle school just graduated from this school last year. There are awesome teachers like Ms.Goodman, Mrs. Lobello, Ms.Woodward, Mrs. Sisto, and of our science teacher Ms.Hawkins and Mrs.Cowan.I just love all the teachers here.

Ps 56 Harry Eichler

Posted April 06, 2009
Excellent teachers like Mrs. Ickowics, Mrs. Alpertein, Mrs. Bryan, Mrs. Stewart, Mr. Forde and Mrs. Chetram. We have a great experience at the school. It could use art programs.

Ps 56 Harry Eichler 4

Posted September 04, 2005
Im a former student! This school is fantasic, the pricipal Mrs. Leiter is wonderful! The PTA here is awesome, they hold holiday boutiques at christmas and they give you free T-Shirts for Seinors at feild day (which usually consists of going to Chelsea Piers)! Overall, I think this school is a great start for kids who want to be the best they can be.

Posted June 25, 2005
This school is warm and inviting. Students enjoy going to school every day. The teachers are qualified and make learning enjoyable for students. The principal. Mrs. Leiter, is caring and always makes time for the students.

Ps 56 Harry Eichler 3

Posted January 20, 2005
Wonderful teachers, hands-on principal,limited art and music, homogeneous grouping in the clasrooms.

Ps 56 Harry Eichler 3

Posted January 09, 2005
Ps 56 is an excellent school. Almost all the staff is very caring and committed to helping children grow. My son is in the 3rd grade and is very happy here. However the administration leaves a lot to be desired. The principal and the assistant principal do not seem to care about the children or thier teachers. They only care abotu test scores and thier appearance in the district. They would rather issue directives and push paper instead of guiding and supporting students and teachers.My son loves his teacher. She has helped him dvelop confidence in learning and for these reasons i support her and reccomend this school.

Posted September 14, 2004
I like ps 56, my daughter has been in this for a year and she loves it. Its a small school but the teachers work really hard into getting the students ready for upcoming citywide tests. They can also help a student who is doing poorly in some subjects and they put the child in an after school tutoring class. My daughter was in the math tutoring and a student from a high school taught my daughter her math, and my daughter was in another math tutoring during school hours and I am happy to say that my daughter passed the math test. I thank this school for helping my daughter.

Posted September 07, 2004
I went to PS 56 for 6 years. It was so much fun! While Mr. Schultz was principal we had song festivals, dance festivals, fashion shows, talent shows, plays, and more. When he left we still had a great glee club and for 6th graders, many clubs to participate in. The teachers really cared. We had very cool trips, especially the one to Taconic in 4th grade where we went camping for three school days. I love and miss 56 and it prepared me for junior high. Thanks especially to Ms. Sultan, Ms. Rybak, Ms. Shore, Ms. Adani, Ms. McAuley, Ms. Alperstein, and Ms. Weiss!

Ps 56 Harry Eichler
86-10 114th Street, Queens, NY  11418
Last modified Ps 56 Harry Eichler is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 56 Harry Eichler Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top