Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,074

Posted December 27, 2012
My daughter graduated from this school last year. When she entered this school she had a 3rd and 4th grade reading and math level. When she graduated she has a 9th grade math level. and is on a High school level in reading. She got 3 on both her reading and math citywide test. This Junior High is the best. All the staff really cared about the students. Thats why I daughter is going to ctt classes in High School.

Posted May 17, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME,.,.I HOPE THE KIDS NEXT YEAR HAVE AS MUCH AS I DID,.,.THE TEACHERS ARE AWESOME AND FUNNY!! THE DEANS ALSO!!!,.MR.MILLER IS COOL WHEN YOU GET TO KNOW HIM,.,(HE CAN BE SCARY AT FIRST),.,.2010-2011,.BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!

Posted May 05, 2009
I.S 77 was the best! when i was a student there i loved my years in that school! the teachers are great and the principle was even better. i dont think theres ever been a school as good as I.S77 the teachers always help and there always on top of the students to succeed in the future and to never give up! ive had good and bad experiences in 77 but its the experiences u have that make u grow! some parent said they need to control more of the students lip locking and the guys wearing there pants down to there knees. thats not the schools job thats the job of a parent to talk to your child and tell them what looks right and what doesnt! I.S 77 is great with contolling stuff like that but they cant be on top of every student so parents should help out!

Posted May 03, 2009
Its a very productive school, and very good but one thing they need to work on is the bad influences. My daughter says there are kids lip-locking in the halls and girls with belly buttons showing and guys with pants around their knees!

Posted March 26, 2009
I am about to graduate from 77 this June. I will be so sad! This school is an awesome school! The teachers are all super friendly and I love everyone in it. Mr. Miller loves his school and always make sure everyone does their best. I Love 77 And Im Going To Miss It So Much! -A Squad!-

Posted December 31, 2008
This school is amazing i love it!! i know i am goin to miss it when i graduate this year but i know i'll come back and visit

Posted September 30, 2008
The fact that kids do not get the highest grades in tests has nothing to do with the school. The teachers are great, the principal is awsome, and the school is clean and healthy. This school deserves 10 out of 10.

Posted February 15, 2008
this is the best friendly school ever! they treat my child very well.

Posted January 16, 2008
I.S. 77 is a very well organized school. The principal, Mr. Joseph Miller keeps things in prospective and the students really like him. He is the definition of what a great principal should be for all schools. You couldn't ask for a kinder and sensible man to run an institution. This is probably why the school is doing so well and will no doubt continue to do so in the future. Congrats to you Mr. Miller for a job well done!!!

Posted November 13, 2007
my son is going to this school and he is doing good. I have no complain with this school

976 Seneca Avenue, Queens, NY  11385
Last modified Is 77 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 77 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top