Queens, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted September 26, 2013
Good school good teacher and good principal because I have two daughter school in this school.before they naughty and didnt want listen but after let they school in ps 130 thry change alot.

Posted June 24, 2012
i really happy my daughter receipt in this school for september.and teacher and pricipal very care and good.iam really happy.but one question is make me wondering if my daughter finish in 3 grades.we must looking the other school being self or ps 130 have conection with other school??because looking new school for 4 grades is no easy .because every school understand this is almost the end class.so i hope somebody can help me!! before i say thank you so much

Posted April 25, 2012
I am new as my daughter just got accepted in to this school. But I must say I was very impressed when I first went for the parent open house. All the teachers and the principal were so helpful and very friendly. I was so impressed with the advanced technology and the teachers seemed like they love what they do. You just feel the vibe. I immediately knew this is where I wanted my kinder gardener's first years to be. I was a little sadden to know the acceptance is a lottery but then quickly turned my frown to a very happy smile when I learned she was accepted! Can't wait for September. I will comment again after we are there.

Posted August 03, 2011
Could anyone please tell me how to transfer into this school from another zoned school within District 26 please? I thought it was not allowed. Thanks a lot.

Posted March 06, 2011
PS 130 is truly the best school in our area. It is focused on early childhood so our children get a great foundation for learning and they become very confident in all aspects of the curriculum. The partnership with Lincoln Center is really cool and the children get to learn so many different things not offered in a traditional school. The principal, faculty and staff are highly competent, intelligent, nurturing and loving. It feels like a family and the parents are always made so welcome. The art teacher is amazing. I am so happy my child was accepted into this school.

Posted December 21, 2010
just transferred my 2 kids here cause the old school cut their art class out due to budget cut and I think art class is necessary for early stage of children' life. The principal at PS 130 really cares about the students and parents' suggestions. Ms. Contratti tries to participate in all events. All the teachers and faculties are wonderful. The teachers and the principal meet together with parents every month to talk about curriculum for that period. The school offers student plenty of field trips to expand their horizon in art and science and educational related fields. Parents are invited to school every month to read with their kids. Parents are always welcome in this school, unlike my previous school, where parents are not even allow to attend their own kids' birthday. The school is like a big family, everyone treats you with respect and kindness. The PTA is doing a fantastic job as well !! LOVE THIS SCHOOL! If you want you child to be educated in a loving and caring environment and not just about comparing test scores...this is the school for you!

Posted June 29, 2010
The information Great Schools is showing for the 2009 New York State English Language Arts Test is not correct. Please go to the NYC DOE website for the correct scores. 95.1 scored Level 3 & 4. http://schools.nyc.gov/Accountability/data/TestResults/ELATestResults/default.htm

P.S. 130 3

Posted January 28, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 20, 2005

Posted March 04, 2005
- a former student
This school has a distinguished faculty and the principal is very caring and involved with all of her students. I graduated from this school years ago, and I'm now in medical school. I remember my days at PS 130 very fondly, and I'm grateful to have gotten such an excellent foundation that helped me to gain admission to high-rated junior high schools, and high schools, including Townsend Harris and Stuyvesant. My brother also attended this school, and he loved his teachers, his classmates, the arts and computer projects, and his principal. The parents are also very supportive and involved at this school. The education he received at this institution made him a strong candidate for specialized gifted children programs, and he continues to excel in school. We are grateful to PS 130 for a comprehensive education and for the unmatched care and support of its faculty and principal.

P.S. 130
200-01 42nd Avenue, Queens, NY  11361
Last modified P.S. 130 is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 130 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top