Our Lady Of Mercy School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I sent my 3 year old daughter here for their ask day nursery program and I must say it was the best decision I ever made. Miss Debbie and Miss Laura are amazing teachers and they made my daughter's first academic experience wonderful. They were both always available to answer any questions and addresses any concerns I had. My daughter loves school and is already starting to write her name and recognize her letter sounds. Even now that vacation has started she asks to do homework every day and I credit this enthusiasm for learning to her teachers. I would highly recommend the program.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 5

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter loves this school. The principal and teachers remembers every kids and parents, so you feel a family environment.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 4

Posted September 04, 2013
At this point I have to say that my son's experience at OLM has been a good one. Here started there in kindergarten and had the best teacher in the world, she was loving, caring and a great educator. His first grade teacher, I feel, helped him to become a better reader and to become even more curious about the things around him. He has certainly developed in a very positive way. I am involved in the school as much as possible even though I do work and I haven't witnessed any negative issues personally. I speak with the other parents on a regular basis and they help me keep up with anything going on. I know that a lot of parents have pulled their children from the school this year which is very sad. As far as I am concerned, I am keeping my son at OLM but will, of course, be diligent in watching what is happening with him on a daily basis. I would strongly recommend that any parent do the same for their child/children regardless of the school they attend. No place is perfect but if everyone works together, you can make it a wonderful experience and environment for all involved.

Posted October 28, 2012
If I could give this school zero stars, I would. As a former student, I can say with confidence that the worst decision I've ever made was NOT telling my parents to transfer me out while they still could. The bullying going on in this school is horrifying, and administration has done absolutely nothing to stop it. If you care about your childs self esteem and personal self worth, this is a MAJOR red flag. The favoritism, also, is ridiculous. When I graduated, I went on to a private, prestigious high school not too far away. I soon learned that the learning foundation given to me at OLM was so far below mediocre, I found myself barely passing my classes (something, I assure you, that had never happened before). Eventually, and with much struggle, I picked myself up- but it just goes to show you how much I learned in my five years at their school. I could barely even survive an AP Science class without flunking right out. So if you're reading this as a concerned parent, perhaps looking to enroll your child in a nice catholic school, DO NOT enroll them here. Send them somewhere else- ANYWHERE ELSE. The worst decision I've ever made was not leaving while I still could.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 3

Posted January 25, 2012
My daughter has attended this school for 3 years and is currently still enrolled. She has been and continues to be an A Average student. However, due to the fact she requires an EPI PEN, she has been told she cannot attend any school field trips unless a parent accompanies her on the trip. This is just a form of discrimination against children with medical conditions. Shame on this Christian faith based school.

Our Lady Of Mercy School 2

Posted November 27, 2011
Thirty-four children in my child's classroom - need I say more? Some teachers (Ms. Rae-Eckels) are wonderful, but most are mediocre. This year's history teacher was so bad in a prior year that she was moved from 5th to 2nd grade. Now she's teaching middle school history - really? Also, there is a great deal of bullying going on, which the administration has failed to address. Decided not to send my younger child here - its a shame, but they probably need a new principal who is better equipped to deal with some of the issues.

Posted June 16, 2011
There are some children there who honestly are very smart and are very good children but there is the other half who smoke and drink. They set a terrible examples for my child In OLM. My other child in P.S144 is bullied by some children from OLM. The girls were pulling there shorts to the point where there underwear was showing in front of me and my child and have ripped up the seats that were recently put in along with the park playground just this year writing "ANDREW+LEAH". I would take my child out of this terrible school but he's too attached to his friends. I would not reccomend you to take your child to such a horrid school. ITS NOTHING LIKE A CATHOLIC SCHOOL OR A PRIVATE SCHOOL.If I could put zero stars I would

Our Lady Of Mercy School 5

Posted April 12, 2011
My daughter is very shy so I was worried about sending her to OLM pre-k. But everything turns out to be fine, and she enjoys OLM a lot. What surprises me is the individual attention given to each child. Every once a while I got a note from the teacher providing feedbacks on my child's learning progress. For example, once I got a note from the teacher saying that my daughter can recognize all the colors except 'grey' and I should help her with it. And once the feedback is about her problem with numbers not in sequence. I constantly receive feedbacks during the semester so can help resolve the issue instead of waiting until the end of the semester. There are often, in not daily, classworks brougth home with all different subjects, including numbers, letters, arts and crafts. I feel that they are trying to develop all areas for the kids instead of just focusing on studying the books. I am a busy working mom and usually don't get home until 7:30pm. It is very important for me to know that my daughter is in good hand and the teachers are helping her with her learning and providing timely feedback to me. What else can parents ask for? I highly recommend OLM.

Posted December 03, 2010
In my opinion, Our Lady of Mercy does not appear to be a catholic school in the sense that the principal and some staff tend to overlook parents concerns, which is not very Christian at all. A parent should not send their children to this school based purely on it's pretty surroundings or it's proximity to home. Our children deserve better than the overcrowding and a principal that cares more about fundraising than what really matters, our children.

Posted November 16, 2010
Not even close to being the best school in Forest Hills, NY. Terrible experience for my child who was attending the Pre-K Full day program beginning in September 2010. Her teacher was young and inexperienced. After 1 week of school the teacher began sending notes home every other day in my child's folder telling/describing to me my terrible child's behavior. IE. That my child had taken a book from another child, she had pushed another child, etc. After 4 weeks of this, I asked to have a meeting with the NEW teacher, who just began teaching at the school, and principal. She described the "book" situation and said my child's face was filled with "Rage" before my child reacted to the other girl taking the book away from her. "Rage" is not a word that should ever be associated with ANY 4 year old. Labeling children is unacceptable. The principal, at a later meeting, agreed with the teacher using the word "Rage". I am appalled by these so called educators. What kind of behavior and example are they setting? My child began to bite her nails and did not want to go to school. The end result: I removed my child from the school after 6 weeks. Both the principal and teacher should resign.

Our Lady Of Mercy School
70-25 Kessel Street, Queens, NY  11375
(718) 793-2086
Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Mercy School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top