PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

I yet to see the changes in a certain behavior. Luckily, we have our teacher' support, and that makes a world of difference for my daughter in dealing with someones' bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am very happy with my daughter's teacher.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it depends who is an afterschool support that day.

I hope this helps other parents who are searching for a good school. My decision to have my daughter join the school in Sept, 2016 was based on the fact that I didn't like the school we were zoned to. I am writing the review in April, 2017. Having her in this school almost an entire academic year, I could not be happier with it. I am especially impressed with our teacher. I am also very happy with the staff. My daughter is full time student, attends after-school everyday. She has all the support she needs from the principal, staff and her teacher in everything. Everyone at this school, including few parents that I've met, had exceeded my expectations with their kindness. My daughter is encouraged to do well and she does well, academically, emotionally and socially. I am really happy with this school and very surprised to see some negative comments. yes, class size is big, but I consider that normal. Also, we are not the same faith, but I like what she is learning, and how she is taught to interpret religious events and stories. My child is very creative, artistic, and extroverted and does not fit the mold in any way, and possibly never will, but I am happy she is learning to follow the rules. yes, she has social challenges, but she would have them with anyone who is super ordinary / ' mold' at school or outside. Having to follow the rules does not change her persona, she is just more organized, or tries to be more gathered :) I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Selecting this school for our children has been the best decision and we would do it over and over again. We are blessed to have such nurturing and devoted faculty and staff. Each faculty member so well equipped and experienced to teach each age group. Upper grade teachers are specially gifted in preparing tweens and teens for the rigorous demands of high school. The principal lead this team with her expertise, professionalism and most importantly faith. Year after year we have seen so many students become well prepared and happy young adults. We are part of a group of volunteer parents who support the school and the community which in the end benefits all the children. Best of all our children feel safe and loved here. As a parent looking for a school for their 3-4 yr old...this is the school where it begins: strong academic standard from the start, leading to lifelong friendships, a nurturing faculty and staff to grow with and ending with 8th graders that exceed your expectations.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school has only improved every year in supporting students with learning differences

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principal leads with integrity, compassion and respect

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

It has a good balance for each grade

I have two boys who attend OLQM and it has been a wonderful school for both of them. The staff and teachers are caring and well-informed. They are getting both the education and attention that they need to thrive in the future. The parents are very involved and the school feels like family. I have been very happy with the decision to send my boys to OLQM.

They are two kindergartens that are merged to form the higher grades; so you have 36, 34 students starting first grade with one teacher and an assistant. If a kid leaves, he/she is replaced by two more kids. There is no one to cover lunches nor recess, so if parents can't volunteer the kids are stuck watching movies unable to move out of their desks for hours and if they do there is hell to pay. They refer to the kids as the bad or good group. You can hear the yells from the third and fourth grade teachers through the hallways. Parents are unhappy, teachers are miserable, under paid and over work and take out their frustration with the kids, who are then punished for absolutely everything.

Last modified Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8