Posted May 01, 2014
They are two kindergartens that are merged to form the higher grades; so you have 36, 34 students starting first grade with one teacher and an assistant. If a kid leaves, he/she is replaced by two more kids. There is no one to cover lunches nor recess, so if parents can't volunteer the kids are stuck watching movies unable to move out of their desks for hours and if they do there is hell to pay. They refer to the kids as the bad or good group. You can hear the yells from the third and fourth grade teachers through the hallways. Parents are unhappy, teachers are miserable, under paid and over work and take out their frustration with the kids, who are then punished for absolutely everything.

Posted February 01, 2014
Do you strive for mediocrity? Do you want 35-plus students in your child s class? Do you enjoy being hounded constantly for money because the administration is too scared to just raise tuition rates? Do you want your child to be treated like a second-class citizen by his/her teacher because you are too busy to volunteer to supervise lunch? Do you want to get letters home saying your child s class will not go to recess because there are no parent volunteers available to supervise? If the answer to these questions is yes, then OLQM is for you.

Posted October 04, 2011
We are very happy at OLQM; most importantly our son is also very happy at his school. Academic excellence is stress in a loving, nurturing environment.

Posted June 13, 2011
This school was the best in preparing my children for high school and college. The teachers were nurturing. My children learned how to give back to your community. They were taught respect and courtesy.They are now in grad school and college and their foundation at Our Lady Quenn of Martyrs have made two wonderful people. Class size was not a factor in their learning. The teachers are the best! I would highly recommend this school.

Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School 3

Posted March 30, 2011
We were disappointed when we saw the large class size for the first (more than 35 kids) and second grade. Our child started in one of two small kindergarten classes and then was combined into a single very large first grade class. Parents are afraid to say anything for fear of being singled out and unless you are part of te inner circle you feel isolated. We pray that things will change.

Posted October 20, 2010
My children go to this school and I am very pleased with the quality of the instruction. The principal is very dedicated and works hard to make sure that the school provides a nurturing environmnent while also giving students the tools to become well rounded individuals. New programs are added, existing ones are constantly reviewed & updated, resources are continuously improved (textbooks, activities, etc) and the school feels like a close-knit community.

Posted February 01, 2010
Amazing School, The kids are so innocent even in the older grades!!! When I bring my daughter to school I can see the warmth as all the kids greet each other with hugs, Amazing school in an amazing neighborhood. #1 Parochial in Queens!!

Posted November 19, 2009
My daughter is graduating this year. the school has a great record in placing kids in high schools, and prepares them well for the future. Smart boards are in most classrooms, and the students score high on state-wide and Terra Nova exams. Every student I spoke to that are in high school say they were well prepared and the adjustment to H.S. level work including honors and AP classes was seamless, while kids from other schools seemed to have a harder time adapting to the work. I am very happy with the nurturing and educational experience my daughter has had at OLQM since her enrollment in 1st grade!

Posted September 14, 2009

Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School 2

Posted September 01, 2009
Twenty years ago the school was very good, but when a school stands still and the curriculum and requirements advance a school falls behind. OLQM needs to respond to the changes and bring the curriculum, textbooks and instruction up to date or it will remain a below average school.

Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School
72-55 Austin Street, Queens, NY  11375
Last modified Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Queen Of Martyrs School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top