Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 2,639

St Francis Preparatory School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
If I could give this school zero stars, I would. It's amazing how this school tries to hide the truth about itself from the public. If you call with a complaint, the administration acts like it's your fault and you're crazy. In retrospect, I never would have sent my child there, being surrounded by predators (as has come to light in the news over the past couple of years. The school needs new leadership, that is its only hope.

St Francis Preparatory School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
Definitely not worth the tuition or what they say they promise. The school removes any negative or criticizing comments on this site. It is amazing how they try to keep their reputation from the public. Don't believe their presentation at Open House, We accidently did and will definitely send our other children to another coed Catholic HS in Queens next time.

Posted October 07, 2014
My daughter is a freshman now....absolutely loves it. She is in all honors and is quite challenged. ALOT of homework ..2 to 3 hours per night. She is outgoing and friendly so has had no problem making friends, as well as staying connected with her local neighborhood friends who go there. Some of her friends who take less honors classes have more free time.Just hoping she finds her groove with all the work.Only a month in so I hope. Some here say it is not for the quiet or shy student.I have to say not true.My 2 nieces graduated from Prep. One who is very quiet and sort of a loner loved Prep and graduated with honors. The other kind of quiet,kind of opinionated, felt it was cliquey but not enough to bother her.But she found her own group and did very well too and admits to being happy she went there.So if your quiet child wants to go there, you need to consider their feelings on this.So much to offer and so many options. Big sports school yes, but its not all about that.Many honor and AP classes for the,student who excels,many clubs and service opportunities. Every school has issues- it's high school in the city... anyone tells you theirs doesn't is not telling you the truth.

Posted September 10, 2014
This is my daughter's second year in Prep. It is an amazing school. They offer the children so much and the academics are great. They have a great support system for all children.

Posted June 09, 2014
I am a single parent of a boy and thus school taught him how to conduct himself as a man in the world. Truly an amazing experience for both him and I. So glad he picked to go here.

Posted May 16, 2014
St francis prep/ i find this school to be great i am a sophomore now and i have to say i love it ! there is everything here at prep and if there isn't something here you were interested in they'll make it for you ! i love the teachers and the staff, they challenge me everyday to become a better student and person overall. I find that by my senior year i will be more than well off prepared for college. My sister went to prep, class of 2009, and she says that it prepares you a way that no other school can and college was an easy breeze for her ! i recommend coming to prep , it will be worth everything !!

Posted April 18, 2014
My son was an honor student in the junior high at Kellenberg, where my daughter recently graduated from and transferred to St. Francis as a 9th grader a few years ago. Best decision he\we ever made. Disregard all the silly stereotypes, comments that suburban people can have, Prep is a way better school. My son is not the most outgoing, but he has a nice group of friends (yes, being on a team did help in this area), but he also has friends from some of his other activities at the school, which are endless. One of my son's comments was, a kid really has to not try at all to not succeed academically at this school. There are so many ways to get extra help, from the math center, to the library which offers help in every subject from before school to after school and all free periods in between. Unlike other schools, they truly do care about the success of all of their students, not just the smartest. The college placement office is second to none.. The AP programs\Honors programs are way more numerous than other Catholic schools.There are numerous kids who wind up at top notch colleges, with great financial assistance, in large part due to St Francis Prep.

St Francis Preparatory School 4

Posted February 01, 2014
i'm a current student here. aside from some things, this is an amazing school now that i really think about it. it's the biggest catholic school in america, it's filled with ENDLESS opportunities, and help is always there when you need it. great and spirited in sports (best volleyball team in the state), passionate debate/speech, science olympiad teams, and more. has a great service program- campus ministry. numerous out-of-country trips per year and a senior trip to hawaii. has a fitness center which is great for saving money to go to another gym. a humungous library where you can take out any books. a caf that has daily specials, sells smoothies and even chinese food. there's even a chapel. teachers are charismatic, interesting, and have a part of youthfulness in them, but best of all, they truly want to help students succeed. the staff is really really great. now the bad-ish side: like most high schools, the students here can be very judgemental and a little unaccepting in a way if you don't learn to be independent. also very, very clique-y, which for me isn't a bad thing, but you really do have to find your own home/base group to have a good time and be yourself here.

Posted September 13, 2013
So you see. I am a prep student. So far, it has been one of the greatest decisions I've made so far in my life, going to prep. The teachers are simply amazing. The staff and faculty and administration are like our parents. They help you when you need help, and not to mention, some of the young male teachers at this school aren't that bad looking.. ;) Anyways, it gets me pretty upset when "parents" make bad reviews about SFP. What do they know? Are they the ones going to school here? Of course they aren't. Sometimes, I don't think others that have never been to SFP understand how happy the alumni and current seniors, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen are because of St. Francis Prep. Okay? Please stop saying that schools like Molloy or Holy Cross or TMLA or etc. are better than St. Francis Prep. But to us, the St. Francis Preparatory Terriers, SFP will ALWAYS be the best in our eyes. Once a terrier, always a terrier.

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter is a student there and absolutely loves the school. Great teachers and great kids. I am also an alumni and had a wonderful experience as well. I am surprised to see the negative remarks. It is a very large school, but she feels like part of a family. Our experiences have been wonderful.

St Francis Preparatory School
61-00 Francis Lewis Boulevard, Queens, NY  11365
Last modified St Francis Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Francis Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 80 reviews. Top