No rating

St Pancras School

Private | PK-8 | 232 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $450,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,380.

Posted December 1, 2011

Thank you all for the Wonderful work with our children. We are fortunate to have a facility such as yours in the Glendale Community.

Posted May 18, 2011

If you child has an IEP run dont walk to a Public School, st Pancras does NOt do IEP's, they have told me. they do NOT have the accomodations for a child with an IEP. Safe YES. Listen to the bad reviews, they are all accurate. I know a few of the ppl who gave a great review. These are children without any problems. This year was the absolute worst year of my Childs school life. As one of the students said, the favorite gets a warning, the non favorite gets in trouble. I am DONE.......Public School is my next stop. The tuition has gone Up every year while the service has gone down year after year.

Posted September 23, 2010

my son is in 5th grade and my daughter is in 1st grade in st pancras school the teachers and staff is wonderful its a second family.Principal Ciani is amazing he knows all the students needs and even does lunch duty. He is on top of everything it makes me a proud parent to know my children are getting the best education and we also have wonderful parents who devote their time to the school. Thank you Diane Gagliano

Posted October 8, 2009

My daughter has been attending St. Pancras since Pre-K and now is one of 15 children in their 2nd grade class. When we made the decision to send her to this school we were a little insecure about this choice. We wanted to make sure our daughter had a good experience; we wanted her to have fun while getting nothing less than an excellent education. Shortly after she began, our anciety was gone. She got all we wished for and more. St. Pancras is really a great school. Their educational curriculum is excellent. Their extracurricular activities and well as school events are very well organized. Parent involvement is encouraged, which is great for those of us who want to be involved in our children's education. The principal greets the children and parents outside of the school at arrival and dismisal, every single day. The school secretaries are really nice and professional.

Posted September 2, 2009

I sent my son to this school when he finished the public elementary. His test results are in the mid-90's, but so they were in the public school. I believe there is more discipline. But i was shocked when I learned that his class is 35 big! How can a teacher give the attention the child needs? And absolutely no sport teams? Durimg baseball at PT my son was at bat only once! Schools should be both for fun and social development- I advise to send your child to a public elementary/intermediate and then to a private (rc) high school.

Posted August 21, 2009

St.Pancras school is a great school with high acedemic expectations!! my 3 children attend this school and have had great success. As have all of their friends. The prek program is amazing this year my 4 year old left prek reading my 8th grader graduted with a 92% average. 95 % Of the class graduated with nothing less than an 85% average.And my 6th grader got a 100% on the nys math exam and a high 3 on the nys reading no one in the class failed these are real statistics.People really need to judge for themselves. The teachers, principal, and staff are truly amazing. This is not just a school its a second home for these children. They always come back whether for sports or just to say hi you can always find former students in the building at a game or school event.

Posted July 29, 2009

DON'T CHOSE THIS SCHOOL! it really stinks on a student rating! The school had no art programs this year and i loved art! Also, the classes are big, the teachers don't help the un-smart students and don't courage the smarter students, the teachers also love to play favorites(the teachers favorite will get a warning, but the un-favorite will get in trouble)! Also, this school has NO Extracurricular Activities. If you want your kid to have a good education and be happy, this is not the school for you!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 22, 2009

Saint Pancras School is an outstanding school. Saint Pancras offers a challenging academic grade appropriate curriculum that meets and in many cases exceeds NYS curriculum requirements. Catholic traditions and values are at the center of everyday life, students have opportunities for prayer and regular participation in liturgy at weekday and Sunday Mass. My two sons have attended Saint Pancras since pre-k and my oldest will be graduating this year. I m confident that he has been prepared for the challenges and demands of any high performing High School. I would recommend Saint Pancras Catholic School to all parents who are looking for that special place to send their children. Contact the school, speak to other parents, stop by and see for yourself. A parent.

Posted June 24, 2008

my child has gone to this school fo 8 yrs. i find that a few of the teachers give extra attention to certain students and play favorites. they can't or won't address your questions directly or at all.the new principal is great but he has alot of work ahead of him.

Posted November 14, 2007

My son has attended this school for pre-k and kindergarten and it is amazing the things that he has been learned. They have excellent teachers who really care about the children and their education. The new principle is always available to answer questions and concerns and the administrative staff is wonderful. Although I can do without all of the fundraising it is part of what happens at all Catholic Schools so I just deal with it but that is a small price to pay for the wonderful education that my child is getting.

Posted May 14, 2006

Save your money. Go to public school.

Posted March 30, 2006

As a former alumna of the school, I am very disheartened at the level to which the school has declined. In the past there was a collegial atmosphere, a challenging curriculum and plenty of school spirit, but these levels have all but bottomed out. I think this is due in part to the frustrations encountered with the evasive replies often received with regard to parental concerns. There seems to be a minimal amount of consistency and explicability on the part of the teachers with regard to their grading policies. The school has a 'state-of-the-art' library that is rarely utilized. Additionally, since most children today have a modicum of computer knowledge, these classes need to be more diversified and challenging. It pains me to say this about my alma mata.

Posted June 20, 2005

This school is horable, cheap, and bad text books, supplies. Their are very few extracurricular activities. Parents do much of the work around the school, and has a poor security system.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 24, 2004

My child has been a student at St. Pancras since 2001 starting in pre-k. I'm so glad I made the decision to send her to a school with a caring faculty, staff and administration. You can't beat it academically. The parent volunteers go above and beyond for the children. It's a comforting to know that my child is cared for when I'm not there. I'm not looking forward to the day she graduates 8th grade and we have to leave this wonderful school family.

Posted February 20, 2004

St. Pancras is a terrific school. My daughter is happy and receiving an excellent education. Parental involvement is evident and comprised of some of the most sincere, talented people. Keep up the good work!

Asian 3% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Philip J. Ciani
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

68-20 Myrtle Avenue