Queens, NY

St Helen School 2

Posted March 30, 2015
Please do not judge St. Helen's on the two bullying posters below. For shame on them, they both need to go to confession. Everyone has their own experiences as a parent, and they should not judge others. That being said, St. Helen's is a very nice little community school. The school is not a large one, so classes are kept small. We have good teachers who genuinely care about the students, and seem to even know all of the school children by name. If you are interested in a Catholic education for your child, where they won't be just a name on a roster, you should come and check out the school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 18, 2015
I'll keep it simple...this is a great school! People who have posted negative reviews...shame on you!

Posted March 17, 2015
St. Helen Catholic Academy is a wonderful school! It's very sad to see negative comments and lies about such a great school. Our principal and staff not only make excellent students of our children but they are invested in our children and their future. Our principal puts in so much time and effort! She is so devoted I don't believe any other school private or public can compare. I have three children in the school and I'm very happy! I'm sorry for the parent on this sight that doesn't feel included by our principal perhaps that parent should be more invested and spend more time getting to know what St. Helen is really about. Our children get a fantastic education and learn to be well rounded individuals.

Posted March 12, 2015
ZERO STARS! I would have given this school zero stars, but the site does not allow it. I had such high hopes for this school. The education is nothing special. Kids in the pre k are not being taught reading, so that other posters child must be gifted. The facilities are ok, the school is very small. The teachers are nice. The problem with the school is the principal. She will lie to your face and yes you to death, and then do the exact opposite of what was agreed on. She only wants certain parents involved in the school. If you are not one of the parents that she has chosen, you will have very little to no contact with the school. Save your money and send them to 207, that's what I am going to be doing.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 06, 2015
This school is amazing! The principal Dr. Zerillo is top notch! She ensures all of the students have a well rounded education, while still instilling morals and faith. My daughter is in Prek and is beginning to read! I myself am an educator, and find this absolutely amazing! I totally recommend this school! It is definitely worth considering!!

Posted June 26, 2013
BULLY CENTRAL!! Things were suppose to be different this year with the new principal. In the end - not so different from last year. I'm glad I got my kids enrolled in another school in the area for September. My friend pulled her three out in May. The kids run this school. Don't be fooled by the presentation. They need to start expelling students - apparently the kids and parents are not affected by the word or threat of suspension. Parents reward kids for bad behavior.

Posted March 05, 2013
This is a really excellent school, the Principal Ms Zerillo is very caring and a great leader.There are a lot of pushy parents that think they are running the school and want everything their way. Its hard for the teachers to teach but all of them do a great job. I have 2 kids enrolled here and they both love going to school every day and they are always learning.Kids are always under supervision and mointered.Before and after school program is a great help for working parents.

Posted January 03, 2013
Terrible! I don't know who they are still open. If you are in the area I recommend 207. First off, these teachers aren't teaching, they're harassing the students. Next, The behavior is unbelievable. The bullying is just crazy, no one cares. Not gonna mention names, but a someone complained all year and she got "Yes'. They just yes you to death. No one cares over there. If you are looking to switch over to St Helen don't, Stay where you are.

Posted October 15, 2012
Gone to pieces! The Pits! Bottom of the Barrel! What a shame. I have one child in St. Helens now, and one that graduated already. So I've been around a long time. This school is just not the same and I blame the past principal, president and whoever does the hiring around there. They are not looking for the Best, this is just poor management and bad decision making at the chilren's expense! At any other job, the top guy and others would've gotten fired. There is no school spirit left, board members look at you and turn their heads, they don't even smile. Teachers just want to keep their jobs and they "yes" you to death. Bad behavior is ignored. I was told by one of the teachers that the parents don't like when their children are punished. Really?There is a very small student body, so what's the problem? Why can't they manage this school right? It's just not a nice environment anymore and too many things get overlooked. This school just isn't what it use to be. I thought things would change for the better, but I am currently looking for a school to send my child to, it's still early in the year. If I choose a public school, I will not even choose St. Helen for CCD.

Posted September 11, 2012
When I enrolled my son at St. Helen School he was in Pre-K 3, my husband and I were undecided if Catholic School was the way we wanted to go but after a few months we ALL fell in love with the School and the staff! YES we have had a couple of Principals in the past few years but it's only because the School is looking for the BEST possible Leader. My son is one of the top kids in his class, the environment is extremely friendly and approachable, I am extremely satisfied with the education and I would recommend St Helen School to anyone looking to enroll their children in school.

St Helen School