Queens, NY

Posted March 18, 2015
I'll keep it simple...this is a great school! People who have posted negative reviews...shame on you!

Posted March 17, 2015
St. Helen Catholic Academy is a wonderful school! It's very sad to see negative comments and lies about such a great school. Our principal and staff not only make excellent students of our children but they are invested in our children and their future. Our principal puts in so much time and effort! She is so devoted I don't believe any other school private or public can compare. I have three children in the school and I'm very happy! I'm sorry for the parent on this sight that doesn't feel included by our principal perhaps that parent should be more invested and spend more time getting to know what St. Helen is really about. Our children get a fantastic education and learn to be well rounded individuals.

Posted March 12, 2015
ZERO STARS! I would have given this school zero stars, but the site does not allow it. I had such high hopes for this school. The education is nothing special. Kids in the pre k are not being taught reading, so that other posters child must be gifted. The facilities are ok, the school is very small. The teachers are nice. The problem with the school is the principal. She will lie to your face and yes you to death, and then do the exact opposite of what was agreed on. She only wants certain parents involved in the school. If you are not one of the parents that she has chosen, you will have very little to no contact with the school. Save your money and send them to 207, that's what I am going to be doing.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 06, 2015
This school is amazing! The principal Dr. Zerillo is top notch! She ensures all of the students have a well rounded education, while still instilling morals and faith. My daughter is in Prek and is beginning to read! I myself am an educator, and find this absolutely amazing! I totally recommend this school! It is definitely worth considering!!

Posted June 26, 2013
BULLY CENTRAL!! Things were suppose to be different this year with the new principal. In the end - not so different from last year. I'm glad I got my kids enrolled in another school in the area for September. My friend pulled her three out in May. The kids run this school. Don't be fooled by the presentation. They need to start expelling students - apparently the kids and parents are not affected by the word or threat of suspension. Parents reward kids for bad behavior.

Posted January 03, 2013
Terrible! I don't know who they are still open. If you are in the area I recommend 207. First off, these teachers aren't teaching, they're harassing the students. Next, The behavior is unbelievable. The bullying is just crazy, no one cares. Not gonna mention names, but a someone complained all year and she got "Yes'. They just yes you to death. No one cares over there. If you are looking to switch over to St Helen don't, Stay where you are.

Posted October 15, 2012
Gone to pieces! The Pits! Bottom of the Barrel! What a shame. I have one child in St. Helens now, and one that graduated already. So I've been around a long time. This school is just not the same and I blame the past principal, president and whoever does the hiring around there. They are not looking for the Best, this is just poor management and bad decision making at the chilren's expense! At any other job, the top guy and others would've gotten fired. There is no school spirit left, board members look at you and turn their heads, they don't even smile. Teachers just want to keep their jobs and they "yes" you to death. Bad behavior is ignored. I was told by one of the teachers that the parents don't like when their children are punished. Really?There is a very small student body, so what's the problem? Why can't they manage this school right? It's just not a nice environment anymore and too many things get overlooked. This school just isn't what it use to be. I thought things would change for the better, but I am currently looking for a school to send my child to, it's still early in the year. If I choose a public school, I will not even choose St. Helen for CCD.

Posted September 11, 2012
When I enrolled my son at St. Helen School he was in Pre-K 3, my husband and I were undecided if Catholic School was the way we wanted to go but after a few months we ALL fell in love with the School and the staff! YES we have had a couple of Principals in the past few years but it's only because the School is looking for the BEST possible Leader. My son is one of the top kids in his class, the environment is extremely friendly and approachable, I am extremely satisfied with the education and I would recommend St Helen School to anyone looking to enroll their children in school.

Posted June 28, 2012
My twin girls were in the pre-k 3 class with Mrs. Reggio and unfortunately I cannot give a good review. Two weeks into the school year she informed me that one of my girls were having attention issues and could not follow directions. Every week thereafter I would get the same compliant, never offered any solution or suggestions to the problem but she felt the need to tell me that she was still having difficulty. I then decided that I would get her evaluated to see if she could get some help in school with these issues. My daughter was able to get approved and then received some help in school. Mrs. Reggio was still not happy as I was only able to get one hour of help and not the two that she had wanted. Everytime she came to talk to me she was very condescending and rude and the way she treated my daughter was as if she was an outsider from the class. She has horrible people skills and a few people have come to me saying that she was the same way to them. I just feel bad for any future kids are in her class because it will happen to someone else.

Posted August 24, 2010
This is a WONDERFUL school. The principal, Mr. Doran, is fantastic...it's a great shame this was his last year!! The teachers are equally as wonderful. They are attentive, kind, caring and welcome parent involvement. By far, the BEST catholic elementary school in Queens!!

St Helen School