PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted July 08, 2016
Our kids have also been here still they were very young. Our experience since the last principal is like night and day. The school is run much better than the last prinicple. You come in and the two women in the front office are willing to help. Even the principle checks to see if you are being helped! Did that ever happen before? Nope. Kids now have computer graphics, robotics, and a real spanish teacher. Not a fake gym teacher using CDs to teach the class. There's even a playground. The only thing we wound want to see improved is the after school program. They need more activities, structure and a new staff to run it. The people in afterschool there always look grump and tired.

Posted July 07, 2016
I believe those parents who have reviewed the school negatively were not here before this new administration and office staff came in. So much as changed, and from what we have seen, it's all for the better. Things are more organized, everything is online and communication is open. In previous years, papers, payments, everything would get lost! You would leave a message and NO ONE would return several messages. Many of the snotty teachers that had issues are thankfully no longer there. We have been here several years now and the offerings have improved, the test scores have improved, the overall school morale has improved. Of course, there's room for improvement but all schools can improve. Personally, Mr. Lowenberg - we would like to see air-conditioners in the classrooms please! Not even to keep it so cold but at least keep the kids comfortable. Good Job SNT!!

Posted April 24, 2016
Im in complete shock with most of these reviews. I have my two kids at SNT 4th grade and 2nd grade and I have only good things to say about this school. I've read a lot of mean things about the principle and I can tell you from my experience they're not true. My children were reading and doing 1st grade math in kindergarten so I don't understand how can parents say the kindergarten program is no good. My children didn't go to pre-k they were home with me so when they were reading and doing math (addition and subtraction) I was very happy. So far I have liked almost all the teachers, I had an issue with one but that was resolved. My children love going to school and really like their teachers. Yes, there's fundraisers so if you have more than one child it will become a little pricey and my kids like the dress down on nut days and like to participate on the non mandatory fundraisers so after the year is over it does affect your wallet if you're on a budget, but it's worth it (for me at least) I have peace of mind when I'm dropping off my kids at school, I know they're in great hands.

Posted February 06, 2016
This school is by far the WORST. The new principal is no good! The faculty needs to change, the junior high need new teachers. This school is all about money. They do not follow COMMON CORE STANDARDS. No standardized tests in 7th grade where is is crucial to get into a good high school, Great disadvantage for kids. Do not send your child here..

Posted September 08, 2015
Not sure why there are a lot of mixed reviews. I have 2 boys currently enrolled at this school, kindergarten and 3rd grade. So far, my experiences have been great. Every time I have written or spoken to a teacher my issues or inquiries have been addressed. The new principal is excellent at communicating with the parents. He is outside greeting parents and students everyday, before and after school. I talk to him everyday when I drop off and pick up my kids. He has been using social media (Facebook and Twitter) to provide information to each parent and student. This is in addition to the memo and the emails that he sends. As far as collecting money, they only have 2 fundraisers a year (selling chocolates and evaluation) both are only a min of $60. Everything else is optional.

Posted February 12, 2015
Last year, we began exploring other schools for our child to attend. But we decided to stay and see what changes the new principle would bring. And by far, all that we have seen is positive. Everything seems to be much more organized and things are moving forward. We now have many things online that we can check everyday, like grades and assignments. The teacher morale seems to have been lifted as well. Though some teachers still look like they've been there too long and need a lesson on respect and professionalism. The only thing I pray for is that the new principal stays until my child graduates!

Posted September 10, 2014
The new principal at this school is unprofessional, dishonest, angry, and does not belong anywhere near children. He refuses to meet with parents and is overwhelmed by simple parent inquiries. He may be connected to Diocesan leadership, and put in place as a political choice in order to shut down the school. The teaching quality is poor, and there is a bare-bones rote curriculum emphasizing worksheets. My child learned more in pre-k at VIP 111 daycare than he is learning here in kindergarten or 1st grade. So disappointed. The school is top down, overly concerned with rules and regulations, and lacks a rigorous thinking curriculum. Stay away. There are much better choices out there.

Posted July 02, 2014
My son was in St Nickolas of Tolentine School Qns. The quality of teaching is not good , the school is focused more on getting money from parents , they need to direct their attention to teaching and hire better or rather caring staffs, teachers included. My son was taken out of st Nick school, and he did exceptional well afterwards, he was admitted to St Johns University.

St Nicholas Of Tolentine School 2

Posted August 25, 2012
If you can not say something nice,do not say anything at all.So, I`ll stop here.;)

Posted March 04, 2012
I've been to St. Nick's for my whole life and graduated about two years ago. I cannot ask for anything better for my childhood life! This school was and always will be my second home. Everyone respected everyone's decisions and religions. It wasn't as if people would just talk to you for one day and forget your name the next. It was as if we were family and the pre-k kids would look up to kindergarteners who looked up to 1st graders -so on and so forth- but everyone looked up to the teachers and school workers. For one thing, all the teachers take education seriously, but they make it interesting and fun as well. From making interactive book reports to science fairs and fun, intense spelling bees are some ways they show us schoolwork is fun. Another example of how SNT thinks highly of our education is this paragraph. Do you see any mistakes here? I think not. Thanks to the wonderful teachers who had taught me. I DON'T know why other people say otherwise. If you haven't experienced this school and its education, you're honestly missing out on something amazing. Bring your children here, it's worth your money and their education!

St Nicholas Of Tolentine School
8022 Parsons Boulevard, Queens, NY  11432
(718) 380-1900
Last modified St Nicholas Of Tolentine School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8