St Nicholas Of Tolentine School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
The only reason why this horrible principal is in this parish school is because the pastor knew him when he was stationed at St. Sebastian School and he was busy being rude to everyone in Woodside. He is a very angry, sad person it seems.

Posted June 04, 2015
You don't have to tell me about this principal. He was horrible at St. Sebastian School in Woodside. There was a celebration by teachers, parents, and children when he left!

Posted February 12, 2015
Last year, we began exploring other schools for our child to attend. But we decided to stay and see what changes the new principle would bring. And by far, all that we have seen is positive. Everything seems to be much more organized and things are moving forward. We now have many things online that we can check everyday, like grades and assignments. The teacher morale seems to have been lifted as well. Though some teachers still look like they've been there too long and need a lesson on respect and professionalism. The only thing I pray for is that the new principal stays until my child graduates!

Posted September 10, 2014
The new principal at this school is unprofessional, dishonest, angry, and does not belong anywhere near children. He refuses to meet with parents and is overwhelmed by simple parent inquiries. He may be connected to Diocesan leadership, and put in place as a political choice in order to shut down the school. The teaching quality is poor, and there is a bare-bones rote curriculum emphasizing worksheets. My child learned more in pre-k at VIP 111 daycare than he is learning here in kindergarten or 1st grade. So disappointed. The school is top down, overly concerned with rules and regulations, and lacks a rigorous thinking curriculum. Stay away. There are much better choices out there.

Posted July 02, 2014
My son was in St Nickolas of Tolentine School Qns. The quality of teaching is not good , the school is focused more on getting money from parents , they need to direct their attention to teaching and hire better or rather caring staffs, teachers included. My son was taken out of st Nick school, and he did exceptional well afterwards, he was admitted to St Johns University.

St Nicholas Of Tolentine School 2

Posted August 25, 2012
If you can not say something nice,do not say anything at all.So, I`ll stop here.;)

Posted March 04, 2012
I've been to St. Nick's for my whole life and graduated about two years ago. I cannot ask for anything better for my childhood life! This school was and always will be my second home. Everyone respected everyone's decisions and religions. It wasn't as if people would just talk to you for one day and forget your name the next. It was as if we were family and the pre-k kids would look up to kindergarteners who looked up to 1st graders -so on and so forth- but everyone looked up to the teachers and school workers. For one thing, all the teachers take education seriously, but they make it interesting and fun as well. From making interactive book reports to science fairs and fun, intense spelling bees are some ways they show us schoolwork is fun. Another example of how SNT thinks highly of our education is this paragraph. Do you see any mistakes here? I think not. Thanks to the wonderful teachers who had taught me. I DON'T know why other people say otherwise. If you haven't experienced this school and its education, you're honestly missing out on something amazing. Bring your children here, it's worth your money and their education!

St Nicholas Of Tolentine School 2

Posted November 08, 2011
I hate to say this but I had both my boys in this school a few years ago. One graduated after entering in 6th grade and the other we took out right after. This school is very deceiving. Plagued by many financial problems and inability to keep the kids warm in the winter (broken boiler). Many teachers who have been there for a while are so bitter and jaded they should have retired years ago. If your thinking about this school for your kids...DON"T. This office staff is shockingly RUDE and just don't care. Not the best example of a Christian education. You can do better.

Posted June 03, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING! I transferred into St. Nick's 6th grade, and I was the quiet, shy new kid. My teacher was amazingly nice to me, and helped with my transition into SNT. All of the teachers are so nice and caring, and they're always there to help the students. I was on two sports teams and the coaches were amazingly good and also very caring. Also, all of the students are SO nice and friendly! From being the shy new kid, thanks to SNT I became friendly and extroverted. If it wasn't for this school I don't think i would be where I am now. From my experience I would say that this school is the most amazing private school ever. The only problem is that the gym is terrible. The paint is peeling off the walls, and pieces of the ceiling randomly fall. The gym NEEDS to be redone. Other than that, SNT is amazing!

Posted December 15, 2010
My son is in the 4th grade and the TEACHERS really do care. My son has been there since pre-k and I have no complaints. The teachers are great and they make it "fun" as my son puts it to make the class interesting enough to capture their interest. The teaching level is much higher then that of public schools or even other private schools. They have created a family atmosphere for the kids. They have many programs for the kids and parents to be involved in. I have never encountered a group of teachers that actually take to the kids (that are not theirs) and care for them as if they are their very own. I totally love this school my son does also. Although many may think that this school is too expensive for the kind of education our kids are getting I feel that its not expensive at all. I mean it's not cheap either but it's well worth the $$ for the kids...

St Nicholas Of Tolentine School
8022 Parsons Boulevard, Queens, NY  11432
(718) 380-1900
Last modified St Nicholas Of Tolentine School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Nicholas Of Tolentine School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top