No rating

Most Precious Blood School

Private | PK-8 | 80 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $541,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Posted October 12, 2008

To the parent who says' the big downfall is homework, there is none', I have to disagree with her 100 percent. My daughter gets tons of homework, projects, tests to study for and bookreports. She tells me she has no life now, but in the long run, it will pay off. I just love MPB School, I can see my daughter is learning so much.

Posted May 28, 2008

MPB is a great elementary school. My two boys graduated few years ago and I've a daughter attending the school now. Since 1994, I've seen the enrollment drop, but the quality of education has been consistently superb and then some. I strongly disagree with one of the parents who commented that the big downfall is homework. My daughter spends about four hours after school doing her homework assignments, working on projects, writing book reports, and preparing for tests and quizzes. It is a lot of work for a fourth grader, but the hard work will pay off as she advances to the higher grade. All the teachers are very knowledgeable, qualified, and caring. I'm very happy that my children had the opportunity to attend this wonderful school. Kudos to MPB.

Posted October 26, 2007

I love MPB. Its a clean school, with an excellent environment, and a friendly teaching and admin staff. Principal DiMaio in particular has been very helpful, as my child both fears and respect her. Great school. And its hard to find a good Catholic school in this area.

Posted September 13, 2007

I graduated from this school a couple years back and I would have to say it may not be an amazing school...you know..top notch boarding-school-like but it still was a great school with amazing teachers who I have come to love to this day. I do have to say that I did not have the current principal as my own at my years at MPB but I had Mr.Biscone who i feel was a much better educator.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 10, 2007

As a parent of an MPB student, I have to say that the teachers mean well, but are not well guided by the administration! I'm not a big fan of the principal- I understand that her job is that of an administrator, but she also has to remember that she is first an educator-I don't find her to be very fare with the kids. The big downfall is homework...there is none; kids are expected to always study their classwork, but I believe that there should be at least 30 minutes of homework every night.(My child hardley had any homework at all) I will not register my 2nd child in this school!

Posted July 9, 2007

This school is absolutely amazing and caters to every need of my child, and all of the children in the most precious blood community!

Asian 15% N/A
Two or more races 9% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Barbara K. Demaio
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3252 37th Street