Posted September 25, 2014
Saint Francis of Assisi is an amazing school and it's like family there. Our daughter attended prek there, and loved it. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is one of a kind. We are forever grateful to all the teachers there. It is the best school in Astoria by far.

Posted September 20, 2014
St.Francis school has a warm, welcoming environment for students and staff. Everyone is very helpful and always puts the interest of the students first. It is truly a beautiful school!

Posted November 20, 2013
This school is so wonderful that I moved my oldest daughter here mid year. The principle is amazing and the school is so progressive with their teaching strategies. Even though we came into the school in an unconventional way my child felt completely at ease. The sense of community is warm and inviting, I feel so lucky to have found St Francis and consider it a privileged to be a part of this school.

Posted May 10, 2012
This school is by no means the catholic school of "olden days". Education- wise, it is very much a progressive school; which aims at implementing strong values and ethics unto its students. It is a small school, with around 200-250 children per school year (not counting the pre-school and pre-k). The principal and staff are very friendly and are willing to cooperate to immediately to resolve any problems which may arise. The children are respectful and friendly, and this is a very important aspect of the education they receive at this school. The only concern is that there is a very strong parental influence which are separated into two types: progressive and aggresive parents. Progressive parents are concerned with helping the schools in ways which directly affect their children (volunteering, donating, etc). (Personally, I was part of creating new programs at the school) Aggressive parents feel that the school "owns" them in some way and that their children are to be treated differently from other children. Therefore, this creates a very negative environment in the first place and teachers are powerless to influence such parents.

Posted December 03, 2011
As a parent of two children in St. Francis of Assisi School, I was recently impressed with an activity that was shared in my daughter's first grade class. I thought it was absolutely fantastic to say the very least. The activity was called the "Crumpled Piece of Paper" and explained how harmful words and actions can make us all feel like a crumpled piece of paper sometimes. All the students in the class were asked to participate in the activity with their own piece of paper (which had a classmates name on it and which they then crumpled and ruined). The teacher continued to elaborate the fact that no matter how many times one can apologize for their actions in an effort to 'smoothe out the paper', it will never be the same, and that hurt can stay. What a wonderful way to try and teach a VERY important life lesson to 6 year olds! My daughter was enthralled with this activity and was able to verbalize to me the fact that she totally 'got' the intent of the lesson. It is my belief that the other parts of a child's education, are sometimes as worthy as 'reading, writing, and arithmetic'. It is important to learn to be a good person. I commend this teacher and applaud her effort.

Posted May 23, 2011
This is a very good school with dedicated teachers and a very involved principle. However, your child has to put up with alot of nonsence, mostly due to facebook harassment and in school bullying. In reference to the review of March 25,2011 ,there is no"IF" about it and it is "such a school" as the other review stated. When someone writes hate messages on your childs desk, then you can tell me "IF" and that I"m wrong. True, the principle does have an open door policy and will meet with you at any time.The entire staff are very professional and helpful.That is mostly why I keep my child there, to get a good education. I will not be chased away by bullies and deprive my child of a good education while the bully goes on to get a good education! No way!

St Francis Of Assisi School 1

Posted April 29, 2011
I HATE THIS SCHOOL ! . honestly to me i felt like an outkast there were only four spanish girls in that whole school including me . everyone is rude the teachers think they can do whatever they want THEY CANT ! just because they didnt want to get a bachelors degree they had to become a catholic achool teacher . well yeah my opinion you might have a different one but i honestly dont care . so yea im glad im not in their anymore worst year of my life. you get no rate and plus you was always failing me like are you serious ? yeah i dislike it alot okay goodbye now !

Posted March 25, 2011
All I have to say about this school is that it's an EXCELLENT school where your child's education is first & foremost! Upon reading the past review, in particular, the one posted 3/11/11, I find it hard to believe that "IF" your child is being "harassed from day one, three years...." you would still keep your child in a school with that type of environment. St. Francis of Assisi is not such a school by far! Being in the school frequently, I personally see all the work the principal, teachers and staff do to give the children an exceptional learning environment. If you have any problems with the school, the principal has an open door policy where you can have a meeting with her at any time. St. Francis of Assisi is a school of academic excellence and where you can rest assure that your child is given an amazing education.

Posted September 06, 2010
This is a wonderful school and I recommend it to any parent who wants their child educated in a safe, disciplined and spiritual environment. The teachers are caring and dedicated professionals who treat the children with respect and love. It is unfortunate that some families have had bad experiences, but most of the Saint Francis families have had many positive experiences.

St Francis Of Assisi School 1

Posted January 02, 2010
I think that some of the children are outrageous and the principal have no control over them. The teachers could care less about the students. I would not reccomend it

St Francis Of Assisi School
21-18 46th Street, Queens, NY  11105
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top