Queens, NY

Posted October 19, 2011
I graduated from Our Lady of Hope in 2006, and after 10 years in that school, it was the happiest moment of my life getting out of it. OHL is possibly the worst catholic school you can go to, one unknown fact about OHL was that it was founded by members of room,the Italian Mob, and that mindset follows them, they are all about money, my younger brother was assaulted in the class then forced to apologize to the students who assaulted him for looking at them the wrong way which was untrue, because their parents donate large sums of money to the school Most teachers have no passion in their job in example one SS teacher makes fun of and verbally abuses his students because he lacks passion for his job and once put on an improper school play in front of the entire school, that the principal had to interrupt. I can not emphase more and more about how money is everything to Our Lady of Hope and how they do nothing for you the teachers again do not care when i was in OHL i had a 70 average in high school i had a 97 average because teachers actually cared in public school thats another if you plan on going to public school from OHL they hate you and will spite you while your still there

Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2011
I have to say that after having my child attend OLH from Pre K to 4th grade I feel it was the biggest mistake I made...Bullies...incompetant teachers...and if your not someone who gives extra money to the school then you are no one.My child now goes to PS 128 and the teachers could not believe how far behind he was...they didnt understand what if anything he had learned all those years.he is now striving in 128...the teachers are amazing and the children are all accepting of each other...not like OLH if you dont have cool sneakers the kids made fun of you...teach your children religion in your own home.

Posted January 06, 2010

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted September 25, 2008

Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
I have two kids attending the school. Both boys and i do not feel that they are treated any different then girls. Is it worth the tuition we spend of course it is - they learn our catholic values, have excellent math program, lots of sports program and the involvement of the parents is amazing. People complain about the afterschool. Be happy there is after school so you do not have to worry who will be watching them in the afternoon. I really do recommends school.

Posted June 23, 2008

Posted March 16, 2008

Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from OLH in 2004 and now I attend one of the top local highschools. OLH is a good school for children under sixth grades because they satisfy all the needs for these younger grades. However certain areas for the upper grades I feel were neglected such as essay writing. Don't get me wrong OLH has many good teachers but they like any school have some that should be removed. One of their programs that I must say is excellent is their math department, as a freshman in high school I was put into sophomore math. If your child struggles in Math they may get left behind. The school is very strict, overly so. The principal doesn't know how to discipline and is overall useless. However the vice-principal is amazing at her job. She is fair and if she is made principal send your child to OLH immediately!

Posted June 13, 2006

Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School
61-21 71st Street, Queens, NY  11379
Last modified Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Hope Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top