Queens, NY

St Mary Gate Of Heaven School 3

Posted June 11, 2014
Hate the fact that there is no Cafeteria here they wont even microwave food for the students it is a nut free school so what can you really give your child for snack and lunch? They have a choice for you to buy expensive Pizza and McDonalds every other Thursday Really mcDonalds what are we teaching our children? That MCdonalds is healthy? I may change schools just due to this let alone this school does not challenge the children in the classroom.
2 people found this helpful

St Mary Gate Of Heaven School 4

Posted April 01, 2013
There is no doubt that while attending SMGH (prek-8th) I received a quality education - Full scholarship to SFP, admitted to the top high school in Queens (THHS), and a specialized school (QHSSYC). However, I can't help but feel that I could've accomplished so much more had I chosen to attend a good public school. This school has no trips, no cafeteria (eat in the auditorium), a few of the teachers are quite rude (Ms. Quinn comes to mind), and so much time is wasted on religion (can't really blame them, it is a Catholic school). Although, I've made friends for a lifetime. My opinion is this - if you want your child to have a quality education, go onto a top tier HS, take HS classes, send your child elsewhere. Otherwise, if you're looking for a (very) sheltered, safe environment, and a decent education, look no further. I have not regretted attending this school. ~student from class of 2013

St Mary Gate Of Heaven School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
horrible first grade teacher mrs quinn should be put down for how mean she is to the children..the new principal cant and will never be half of the old principal mr scanell.

Posted February 13, 2010
I have two daughters that attend SMGH and they love it. The teachers & staff are very caring and only want the students to succeed. Surprisingly, the parents look out for each others kids as well. These days you don't see much of that. The prinicipal is always involved in everything that goes on. For example, my daughter needed help transitioning from fourth to fifth grade and he was there to find the help she needed. Overall this school is excellent!

Posted December 03, 2009
i go t school here this school is outstanding words can not describe how nice and welcoming these teachers and staff workers are !!!!!!!

Posted September 12, 2009
IM a parent of two boys one who just graduated from ST MARY GATES OF HEAVEN and will attend molloy this fall. I also have younger son who will be starting 1st grade this fall at ST MARY GATE OF HEAVEN SCHOOL. I am proud to say that my children have been and will continue to get a well rounded education at S.M.G.H. I am also grateful that the teachers and Mr Scannell has prepared my oldest son for the challenges he may face this year in Molloy. Everyone that is part of S.M.G.H are dedicated individuals who want the best for our children. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our children are prepared for to meet and achieve all state requirements, citywide exams and life outside of S.M.G.H. They encourage the children to be the best they can be. They guide the children in the right direction, by always willing to give up their spare time to tutor the children are to discuss any problem that the children may be having.The staff at this school always reach out to parents and are willing to stay after school to find ways to help children achieve any goals that were set.They are very family oriented and offer many ways to bring principal, teacher, children and parents together. Mr Scannell should be commended for all he does for the children and our community. He is an asset to the school and I am proud that my children are part of this wonderful school. This school should be rated outstanding!

Posted April 11, 2008
Im am a student graduating from saint mary gate of heaven school this year. My school offers a great education and also a very fun learning environment. The teachers are caring and insightful. I would definiatly recommend this school to others seeking academic excellence for their children.

Posted March 17, 2008
st. mary gate of heaven is the best school,if you don't understand they will tutor you or explain.but they do not have a cafeteria. this is the beat school.

Posted October 05, 2007
I am very happy with St. Mary Gate of Heaven. My daughter has been in the school since she was 3. The teachers are great, Mr. Scannel is wonderful, parents are so involved and it is very comforting to know that there are so many parents onboard with the same goals.

St Mary Gate Of Heaven School 4

Posted September 26, 2007
my son loves that school they do so many things. they really get the parents involved in there kids lives.

104-6 101st Avenue, Queens, NY  11416
Last modified St Mary Gate Of Heaven School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Mary Gate Of Heaven School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top