No rating

Our Lady Of Lourdes School

Private | PK-8 | 32 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $331,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted July 26, 2011

I think Our Lady of Lourdes is given my children a high rated education and is preparing them for the real outside world.

Posted July 26, 2011

I sent my children to Our Lady of Lourdes because it is near to home and Catholic schools teach proper manners and respect for others. Teachers pay more attention to the students and classes are not overcrowded. It is easier to get them ready in the morning because there is a required uniform. Kids don't have to worry about what to wear.

Posted July 26, 2011

the reasons we signed up our child was due to the discipline and level of education. We're happy with Our Lady of Lourdes and I will continue to re-register my child. Thank you

Posted July 26, 2011

I wanted my child to attend a Catholic School with a good education in an atmosphere of friendliness and caring. I am very pleased that my son William, is attending Our Lady of Lourdes school because it has all the qualities of a great school with teachers that spend time to prepare the students for a good education.

Posted July 26, 2011

I believe in the quality and Catholic education. It is the reason I chose Our Lady of Lourdes and will continue to enroll my child.

Posted July 26, 2011

I believe in the high moral values that Our Lady of Lourdes teaches my children.

Posted July 26, 2011

Our Lady of Lourdes is a wonderful school where students are given a tremendous foundation for the future.

Posted July 26, 2011

I went to Our Lady of Lourdes School for 10 years from Pre-K through 8th Grade. The education I received was an excellent preparation for high School. Thank you all.

Posted July 26, 2011

I like Our Lady of Lourdes School because it teaches me about Jesus and the teachers are very nice.

Posted July 26, 2011

Nineteen years ago I walked through the doors of Our Lady of Lourdes with my first Son on a feeling and I have never regretted it. It felt right then and throughout the years I was never disappointed. Now with my third and last Son ready to Graduate, I wanted to thank you all for your work and dedication. Thank you all for giving so much of yourselves.

Posted July 26, 2011

My family just moved to Cambria Heights so I was looking for a school for my daughter. I heard from a family friends that Our Lady of Lourdes School is the best school around hear. Very happy with my choice.

Posted July 26, 2011

My Child is registered at Our Lady of Lourdes because the curriculum offers a wider range of topics which are essential to her educational goals, both present and future.

Posted July 26, 2011

The education and Discipline is very good at this school. I couldn't say enough about it. I recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 26, 2011

The reason my parent registered me at this school is because of the great teachers. They continue to register me because I am getting smart.

Posted June 29, 2011

After searching for a school that my Son would be comfortably in I came across our Lady of Lourdes. What impressed my the most is the size of the school both inside and out. It occupies 1 city block and is situated in a quiet residential area of Queens; a very safe location. The children are all very respectful and well behaved, the teachers are truly focused on my Sons educational needs. Unlike other private schools, technology is an important part of the curriculum and is extensively available throughout the schools. I am so grateful to all out OLL for excellent education they provide. Thank you and God Bless

Posted May 22, 2011

Beware and don't be fooled. Although somewhat divers this school is driven by money and not motivation to give our children a good sound quality education. My daughter went here from 1-2grade and in such a short span of time her grades have dropped tremendously. My daughter of straight A's is now bringing home C',s D's and even F's and the teacher has not made any efforts to spend extra time explaining the problems she is having. Instead the teacher tells me that my daughter (7 yrs old) hasn't come to her with any question or said that she is having a problem with her school work. Is it not the teacher's job to evaluate the educational needs of a child and do something about it?Yet they are quick to ask us parents for more money! I am fed up and getting my baby out of there ASAP! There are no activities for the children. The principle/sister and her secretary are horribly rude. They are very disrespectful and are too preoccupied with money. All the principal care about is liability of the school when it comes to social issues of the child. There are not enough educational school trips during the school year. They do nothing about bullying. The hmwk is way too much! Beware!

Posted April 22, 2011

I went to this school from K - 8, and let me tell you that was one of the worst decisions my parents ever made. The uniform prices are ridiculously high, first of all. Second, when you're in 8th grade you take Regents level courses in Algebra and Earth Science but they do not offer the Regents at the end of the year. This left me unprepared for high school - many students had already taken these Regents, and I was left behind my peers. There are no activities to join if you wanted to do something after school - no sports. Of course, there's always Choir, which is simply wonderful if you enjoy being screamed at by teachers. I will always regret going to this school. Nothing positive to say. If they want to stay open, they need to make some changes to the curriculum and faculty.

Posted July 5, 2010

This school sucks to put it bluntly. My 2 boys went there for one year and it was the worst year of hour lives. They took a boy with an A and B average down to an f average he could not pass anything they had it out for him. I am an educator and i worked with him and he could not do anything write. the science fair is fixed. my son had shown the DNA of different foods and someone else won with a science project that was made up. During a PTA meeting each of his teachers approached me telling me how bad he is doing. That was without tact. Not one of them said anything positive. He came out of there hating school and attempting to hurt himself. The sister even said "The child is weird and so is the father" behind the father;s back

Posted May 13, 2010

i have known this school for many years now. the teachers and students are great. the teachers offer the students great education and you can make friends here; even with the teachers. you build up you education and learn exciting things; projects, essays, and speeches.(you do this in class) the pricipal is also great but she hides everything that goes wrong at school. She is a great pricipal and keeps the school in a great condition! you should bring your child here! grades nursey-8th grade.

Posted August 20, 2008

This school is not worth the time. The teachers are very laid back, the enthusiasm is just not there, the kids average are not up to par with other schools in the area. I took my daughter out last year

Asian 11% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Josephine Barbiere
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn