Posted May 06, 2014
The education is not up to par with even regular public schools. Academically this school need to be re-evaluated for their performance.

Posted November 02, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes is the best thing that ever happened to me.It is an amazing school.Great and active school. Very educational and the kids and staff their are very friendly. But the lunch ladies and food are terrible,but everything else is amazing.The principle is very protective and involoved with the kids. I hope you choose oll.

Posted September 15, 2013
our lady of Lourdes should be closed. The education is substandard A and B level students come there and become F students unless you are a minority. The teachers and administrators need to be replaced. When my 2boys left there and went to St. Martin DePorres in Uniondale they could do no wrong. They were in a fantastic school. One even won a respect for life contest in the upper level. Our lady did nothing but teach them what it is to be ripped into my son would be up all night working on homework. And fail at every attempt in that school no one helped him. But at St Martin they were the opposite and extremely supportive. Our happist day is when they left.

Posted August 02, 2013
This school is the definition of pride and money picking. I was a student I will be honest in saying my grades were flawless before I went to this dump. I was on the principal honor list several years running and was reduced to a mere D-student, this made me hate myself and my self-esteem dropped terribly low. The teachers don't care. Period. They will taunt you for not "working hard enough" or "asking questions" IT IS THEIR JOB AS TEACHERS to investigate if a student slips up, find out what the issue may be and work upon it with them progressively. That is how it's done, you don't need to be a teacher to understand that. There are no extra curricular activities to keep you preoccupied outside of the meaningless, ineffective routine word-spit sessions called classes. I even sense a bit of racism from one of the teachers, shameful. The principal is nothing more than ghost, seemingly disappearing when you need her most but always there to pick up the monthly check. The staff are bullies. Overall trash. I luckily picked up my grades back to solid A's again when I switched schools. Don't be tricked. I would gladly recommend Immaculate Conception School though that place is a godsend.

Posted September 10, 2012
When my kids' old school closed down I wanted to put them into a public school but a neighbor told me about this school. I didn't know anything about private schools but I see now why parents pay alot of money for quality education.

Posted June 18, 2012
As a former student i can tell you this, OLL had been one of the worst experiences of my life. I had attended the school from 3rd to 8th grade.From a early age they had labeled me and offered no extra support for my needs.The constant put down inflicted by the teachers had made me very insecure going unto HS.Thankfully my HS,Undergrad and graduate school experiences were much better.Be warned, the teacher at this school are very ignorant and egocentric.

Posted May 27, 2012
I found the school on YouTube! I'm a young single parent and my daughter is an only child and often has trouble getting along with other kids. I only found out about the afterschool program when hbabysitter. Had an emergency. The after school program offered structure that the nbysitter couldn't give. I was shocked it cost less than $15 an afternoon, she got her homework done, she had a snack, and got to play with new friends, by the time she gets home shes we still get to spend time together - studying. The school does give alot of homework but its good to know shes learning alot for her age. I'm not too crazy about some of the parents and teachers involved in the school. But the genuine parents and teachers make up for it.

Posted November 17, 2011
Wow. This school is amazing. In a town like Queens Village you need something like that. OLL has kids of all races and religions. The kids are friendly and the teachers care. Our principal walks around the halls and checks up on our classes to see what we're learning every week. Our teachers really care about our grades and even give us 'Math Help' after school. As a 7th grader it's tough since everyone is telling my friends and I that 'This is the year that counts.,don't mess it up.' Their support really helps us. I've been in this school since Kindergarten and their programs are awesome. Fr. 'M' and Ms. Jane 'R', help out in altar service. Mr. 'N' has an excellent choir along with Mrs. 'I' and her Art Club. We also have a Library Club, Peace Maker Program and a Monitoring Program. The Early Morning Program and After School Program is also helpful to children with busy parents. Need I say more?

Posted October 21, 2011
I see the school must of a had a letter writing campaign to your website, but parents do not be fooled!! This school is terrible!! the teachers are not patient!! They would rather label a child than go the extra mile for them. These teachers would rather put a child down than help them If your child is the perfect student and never needs extra attention send them here, but if your child is a student that may need a little extra you are wasting your money. Which by the way is all they care about is the money!!!

Posted October 11, 2011
Both my daughter's have been in Our Lady of Lourdes since Pre-K. One of them has special educational needs. The teachers are all aware of my daughter's educational issues. They prepare the teacher in the following grade of my daughter's needs. They are all very caring and willing to take the steps necessary to help my child. They motivate her and encourage her to strive for more each and every time. My children have loved each and every one of their teachers throughout the years. Our Lady of Lourdes has a no tolerance policy when it comes to bullying. They have a wonderful Peace Maker program. I feel completely at ease when my children are at school. I know that they are safe. The early morning program and after school program is excellent for working parents like me.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
92-80 220th Street, Queens, NY  11428
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top