PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 25, 2016
My daughter is attending OLOLCA and I am very pleased. She was failing miserably in public school to the point of being held over in the 1st grade. I seriously thought something was wrong with her. I had her tested and there were no abnormalities found. She is excelling in fact she gets A's and B's. As far as the staff I've been exposed to , the principal Ms. Walden, Ms. Malloy the first grade teacher and even the schools secretary have all been professional and very eager to assist me in obtaining the appropriate learning environment for my daughter.

Posted May 29, 2015
I was a former student this school has scared me permanently i develop sever anxiety at a young age by the teachers and staff in this school, I was a student from grades 2-6. teachers were mean, arrogant, and egotistical, I remember being called learning disabled and slow, being picked out of my class and made to sit alone because my grades might influence the "BRIGHTER" kids i became anti social. Please remember not all students of this school are catholic but that did not stop teachers pushing the religion on to them. 6th grade i transferred to a public school (109) and i grades improved and so did my social relationships with friends. Please keep your kids away from this school yes there are good Catholic schools but this is no where near one of them.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 2

Posted March 05, 2015
They aren't even like Catholics, they may have good education, but they promote and encourage that people can bully you and your not supposed to say or hit back, they want you to tell the teacher, then the teacher does nothing, I as a parent had to get involved because people were setting out for my child. This school needs Jesus

Posted May 06, 2014
The education is not up to par with even regular public schools. Academically this school need to be re-evaluated for their performance.

Posted November 02, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes is the best thing that ever happened to me.It is an amazing school.Great and active school. Very educational and the kids and staff their are very friendly. But the lunch ladies and food are terrible,but everything else is amazing.The principle is very protective and involoved with the kids. I hope you choose oll.

Posted September 15, 2013
our lady of Lourdes should be closed. The education is substandard A and B level students come there and become F students unless you are a minority. The teachers and administrators need to be replaced. When my 2boys left there and went to St. Martin DePorres in Uniondale they could do no wrong. They were in a fantastic school. One even won a respect for life contest in the upper level. Our lady did nothing but teach them what it is to be ripped into my son would be up all night working on homework. And fail at every attempt in that school no one helped him. But at St Martin they were the opposite and extremely supportive. Our happist day is when they left.

Posted August 02, 2013
This school is the definition of pride and money picking. I was a student I will be honest in saying my grades were flawless before I went to this dump. I was on the principal honor list several years running and was reduced to a mere D-student, this made me hate myself and my self-esteem dropped terribly low. The teachers don't care. Period. They will taunt you for not "working hard enough" or "asking questions" IT IS THEIR JOB AS TEACHERS to investigate if a student slips up, find out what the issue may be and work upon it with them progressively. That is how it's done, you don't need to be a teacher to understand that. There are no extra curricular activities to keep you preoccupied outside of the meaningless, ineffective routine word-spit sessions called classes. I even sense a bit of racism from one of the teachers, shameful. The principal is nothing more than ghost, seemingly disappearing when you need her most but always there to pick up the monthly check. The staff are bullies. Overall trash. I luckily picked up my grades back to solid A's again when I switched schools. Don't be tricked. I would gladly recommend Immaculate Conception School though that place is a godsend.

Posted September 10, 2012
When my kids' old school closed down I wanted to put them into a public school but a neighbor told me about this school. I didn't know anything about private schools but I see now why parents pay alot of money for quality education.

Posted June 18, 2012
As a former student i can tell you this, OLL had been one of the worst experiences of my life. I had attended the school from 3rd to 8th grade.From a early age they had labeled me and offered no extra support for my needs.The constant put down inflicted by the teachers had made me very insecure going unto HS.Thankfully my HS,Undergrad and graduate school experiences were much better.Be warned, the teacher at this school are very ignorant and egocentric.

Posted May 27, 2012
I found the school on YouTube! I'm a young single parent and my daughter is an only child and often has trouble getting along with other kids. I only found out about the afterschool program when hbabysitter. Had an emergency. The after school program offered structure that the nbysitter couldn't give. I was shocked it cost less than $15 an afternoon, she got her homework done, she had a snack, and got to play with new friends, by the time she gets home shes we still get to spend time together - studying. The school does give alot of homework but its good to know shes learning alot for her age. I'm not too crazy about some of the parents and teachers involved in the school. But the genuine parents and teachers make up for it.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
92-80 220th Street, Queens, NY  11428
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8