Queens, NY

Our Lady Of The Angelus 4

Posted November 21, 2013
I would have give the school 5 starts, but they've made a decision to change principals last year. Mrs. Armstrong is no longer a principal of the school, instead they hired someone who has NO BACKGROUND in education and no experience with children. I am sure he is trying to do his best, but I am afraid that its not good enough for the position he is in. I also noticed that school enrollment had dropped from when Mrs. Armstrong was the principal. This cannot be good for school's financial health. I hope they can get Mrs. Armstrong back somehow, because ever since she left the school is losing ground with a lot of other parents I spoke to. As far as the teachers go, very good, very dedicated people who seem to care deeply about the children in their charge. After school program is GREAT, they require that children do their homework before being allowed to play, this is real school, not babysitting. The kids are generally nice, polite and non aggressive and staff is caring, responsive to parents, and children's needs always come first.

Our Lady Of The Angelus 2

Posted January 10, 2013
Highly recommended alternative to PS 206; small and generally good school, but with small budget & inconsistent standards of academics and teacher professionalism throughout grade levels. We feel OLA has lowered standards in some cases to keep seats filled and tuition checks flowing in. A 6th & 7th grade teacher didn t like our son and the feeling was mutual. Problem persisted into 7th grade (with the exception of Mr. Arra, a wonderful, world-class math & science teacher). Certain teachers dissatisfaction with our son s attitude negatively influenced how they rated his academic performance. We can t afford this when competition to get into the top high schools is so cutthroat. After 7+ years and $35,000 investment in OLA and our son s education, we no longer felt that we were getting a sufficient return on our investment. Nor did we feel, when we brought this matter to the principal s and teachers attention, that the (new) principal regards parents as the shareholders, investors, and customers that they are. Therefore, we removed our son from OLA in mid-7th grade and transferred him to Junior High School 157. He has adjusted well and we are all glad to have made the change.

Our Lady Of The Angelus 1

Posted October 19, 2012
I'm starting to think it's not a good school now things are changing very much with this new principal. I personally would like the old principal back! Teachers are GREAT! I love all the ones my child had before this year.

Posted February 10, 2012
This school is great. The teachers, nurse and principle really care about the students. They have an excellent afterschool program actually run by teachers. There is a large, grassy yard for recess and extracurricular sports and activities. The students do well as they go on to high school. There are always letters about graduates making honor roll and getting into great high schools. Transferring my kid here from public was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Our Lady Of The Angelus 0

Posted April 29, 2010
This school is great!! It has a wonderful principal and teachers!! They are very dedicated to their students. The school is small which I believe it makes it better managed. My daughter loves her school and if she is happy and doing well academically and emotionally, then I'm very happy!!

Our Lady Of The Angelus 4

Posted January 17, 2010
I love this school, Mrs. Santa Maria, Tracy, Deck, Zoufaly, but I think that some teachers could do better. I really don't like it when my daughter comes home saying that she didnt understand a word in math or science or almost fell asleep in gym. thxs for my regards.

Posted November 11, 2009

Posted October 27, 2009

Our Lady Of The Angelus 0

Posted October 11, 2009
This is my daughters' 4th year in the school. She is definitely ahead of her peers in speech and overall knowledge of a variety of subjects. She has taken spanish for 3 yrs, learned to play the piano and the recorder. Participated in t-ball and now is on the pee wee basketball team. I highly recommend the school. The teachers and principal cares about the students.

Posted December 20, 2008

Our Lady Of The Angelus
9805 63rd Drive, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Our Lady Of The Angelus is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of The Angelus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top