Queens, NY

St Matthias School 3

Posted August 28, 2014
How does a child graduate with straight A's and honors wind up in 8th grade math when entering Junior high school in New Jersey? My child will now have to take Geometry in the summer in order to catch up...something to think about..Also , why dont they have a hot lunch cafeteria at that school? The school makes PLENTY of money I paid over 4000 dollars for four years not including all the money during the school year I dont understand why my child had to take a sandwich for 8 years straight he wont even look at cold cuts any more. This school is ok compared to what the other options are around that area but obviously something is lacking in their curriculum.

Posted June 25, 2013
My school is very unique.it has a diversity of races and teachers. Some teachers may appear on the unfair side such as the 6th grade teachers. Besides those 2 teachers, the school environment is very warm and loving. The students are always being assisted and challenged. Which is why many of the students graduate with scholarships. The students in the older grades get a 15 minute " recess" with no snack at 10:55 am. The younger students get a snack as long as they brought one varying at different times. This school is perfect if you are looking for a school with discipline! I wish you all luck in which ever school you decide to place your child or children in.

Posted February 26, 2013
My family are alumni of this school. My son is now a first grader and has been attending St Matthias since Pre-K. The school offers a challenging curriculum in a supporting, community environment. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff of this school is. From the teachers aids, to the teachers, the clergy, up to the Principal they truly provide excellence in education. The parents are friendly and supportive of the school and participate regularly in numerous school events. All in all a wonderful opportunity for any child.

Posted January 21, 2011
Where do I begin! As a new parent of a son in kindergarten, i am extremely satisfied. It has been five months into the school year and my son is reading with very little to no help from mom and dad. He is very happy and enjoys the activities the school offers such as piano lessons (extra cost); afterschool services (extra cost) with homework assistance and than watches a movie. Themed events are organized around the seasons with festivities and great energy. Parent involvement is off the charts and encourages traditions that are passed on by generation. The parish is filled with such devotion to the school now celebrating 100 years of quality education. My family and i are proud to be apart of this wonderful school community. I call upon all parents to visit us for open house last week in January, you won't regret this school as an option.

Posted July 02, 2010
I switched my daughter from PS 239, to start second grade at St Matthias and I have noticed the difference in reading and writing. My daughter is very shy and quiet and I think it suits her better to be in a small class environment. Now she loves her school and that s very important to me. I also like the fact that she gets to learn about Religion, she comes home and shares stories about Jesus and the apostles that she's learned. My dauhghter attends the afterschool program, the staff is patient and they explain and help her with her homework.

Posted April 30, 2010
Im in seventh grade, and i love my school! The teachers really connect with the children. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 19, 2010
I am a former graduate of St.Matthias School, and I must say it is a very safe and disciplined school. The teachers care and are very involved in the student's education.The school is tough and they are very strict, but i must say it absolutely pays off in the future!

Posted February 13, 2009

St Matthias School 1

Posted February 06, 2009
I am a former student of SMS. I am very glad that I left. The teachers do not care. One let the class talk during class, did not teach anything, and even participated in the conversations. Once, there was a kid being picked on and was being called curse names. The principal did NOTHING. Only two teachers are good there, Sister Eileen and Ms. Nickolic (now Mrs. Pufal). The choir was fun, though, but now where I am, it is even better. I came out knowing NOTHING. I had to work hard to catch up with the kids in my new school, OLMM, which I reccommend 1000000000000000000000000000%.

St Matthias School 0

Posted October 22, 2008
My children have attended St Matthias since kindergarten , this is a great school where the kids feel at home

St Matthias School