Posted December 05, 2014
My daughter went to this school and was treated ungreatfully, and the kids there treated her badly and unexpectedly! The teachers are great but only a few were kind-hearted and respected, but the principal gives so many expensive tutions! and the principal is making everything so expensive! I'm losing more money than ever! And $2 dressdowns?! the principal is blaming children, and makes a big deal of a piece of food on the floor. I don't enjoy this school whatsoever and they mostly want money!

St Rose Of Lima School 2

Posted October 17, 2014
This school is good, if you want your child in a great environment, spiritual. But in my opinion they lack in teaching, and helping your child to succeed. Instead of working with your child,they are quick to tell you it's your child's fault,he or she is failing. I believe they are more focus on the money,which I think is just as important,but if your child is failing,you won't hear of it until it's already bad. I don't think they teach. If your child is not a born genius,don't expect this school to make them (children) into one. Gone are those days when teacher teach. I don't think I would recommend this school to anyone. And I'm saying this with a heavy heart,because I really loved this school.

Posted July 26, 2014
Horrible experience. Instructor staines and the the principal horrible. Greedy for money and constant negative feedback about my son who attended pre-k. I even had my son checked by the nys board of education and after a series of tests my son passed every single test given. Constant reports of my son misbehaving at age 4. I'm not saying my son is angel but far from being Dennis the menace. The instructor was new and felt my son has psychological problems. Well again the NYS board of education deemed him as normal, his pediatrian deemed him as normal and so does his current school in Long Island deemed him also perfectly normal. High grades in tests and quiet in classroom. Teacher states " a pleasure to have my son in class. Now he is going to third grade with awesome grades. So my review is real and my opinion. I will never have any of my children nor do I recommend this school to anyone. Waste of money, time and made me feel like my son was incompetent.

Posted May 16, 2014
This school is absolutely one of the most judgmental schools possible. The big-nosed principle doesn't understand that everyone comes from a different background, especially a socioeconomic one, all she cares about is money. There is no family values at this school, it instills fear in their students in order for them to behave. The staff is also very spiteful when my daughter was applying for a middle school for gifted children the administration and people in the office screwed up her application on purpose, as well as submitted false attendance records to show she's excessively absent. That jeopardized my daughter's chance of admission just because they didn't want another child escaping their brainwashing techniques. Don't send your child here, especially for the insanely high tuition you have to pay for an elementary school!

St Rose Of Lima School 3

Posted July 02, 2013
Very good school. However, when you have 6th- 8th graders in the same enviorment of pre-K-5th graders, they would be treated as little kids and not the full growth of maturing young adults. They also have a Principal that is very stern and gets into the business of others, in which she has no business for. The Principal also looks for strictness and not the full ways of learning and responsiblity. However, there is a sense if family and good equality of the students.

Posted August 24, 2012
My daughter has attended St Rose for two years now and I absolutely love the school! The teachers and staff are caring and the small school allows them to know every child's name. They also have an after school program which keeps your child up until 6 pm if needed. That has saved me on the days I am forced to work late! My daughter is eager to begin her 3rd year!

Posted June 15, 2011
This is the worst school I have ever seen. I have 4 children and have never experienced a school so judgemental. The principal doesn't accept the ideal that all kids are different and learn at a different pace. This school doesn't communicate on academics but heavily stress finances and rules of the school. They told me that my 4 year old pre k son had to be left back cause he didn't meet the standards for k. But yet they never gave heeomework. Who set standards for k? Absolutely the worst school ever. They need to be investigated and audited.

Posted March 28, 2011
I sent my son to St. Rose for Pre K. His teacher worked with us and our son to make his school experience the best it could be. The principal is a stern, and demanding woman who has a heart of gold. She is responsible for every soul in her school and takes that responsibility seriously. She may come across as too forceful for some, but I have nothing but respect for her. My son is a high spirited child who very easily could have been labeled a trouble maker and dismissed as such, but both his teacher and the principal made a concerted effort to work with him and he likes them both very much.

Posted October 06, 2010
This is my second year in St. Rose and I have nothing but good things to say about the school. The principal and staff go above and beyond at St. Rose, he is doing great academically. I wish there were more schools like this out there. Our children come first and parents working together with the staff make it a great school.

St Rose Of Lima School 4

Posted June 26, 2009
I sent my daughter to St. Rose for pre-k and was very happy with the learning environment and her teacher.

St Rose Of Lima School
154 Beach 84th Street, Queens, NY  11693
Last modified St Rose Of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Rose Of Lima School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top