No rating

St Clare School

Private | PK-8 | 25 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $355,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Posted Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rosedale Christian School (Academy) What a beautiful school? My child is a student in the Rosedale Christian School/Academy. I am pleased so far with her academics strides. The McGraw Hill curriculum is just what the doctor ordered! This curriculum meets the Common Core standard and above which helps my child to excel. My child is coming from the Public School and boy am I glad I moved her? She was getting a 1 on the State exams and now she is a upper 3! Communication is very good at this school but academics is NUMBER 1!!! For most part, staff and faculty is very respectful and I am happy with that. Technology is advancing there also and the teachers are very good. I would recommend parents to this school. Signed: A happy parent

Posted January 4, 2013

This school is a really good environment for children. I have been going to the school for eight years and those eight years have been really good for me. I have made many great friends over the years that I hope to keep for a lifetime. The teachers always try the of best of their ability to help us. They are always there for the students when we have personal problems that we would like to talk about. I'm an 8th grader at the school so this is my last year there. My teachers are always saying everything that we are doing that day is preparing us for high school, and that we will be very prepared when we graduate. They are absolutely right about that. When I graduate this coming June, it will be a very bitter-sweet time. I will be excited to be going on to high school, but I will really miss going to this school.

Posted November 19, 2011

St.clare school is a great school for kids to meet other kids just like them for ex:when Iwas new in the school i was very scared but as soon as I had walked into the gym everyone was hi are you the new in the school,whats your name,and so many questons.So don 't worry if your kids would fit in or not they will always no matter what

Posted November 18, 2011

I looooooooooove this school! it is awesome it really help you prepare for the future
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 18, 2011

St. Clare School is very great for all kids and parents, their are excellent afterschool activities such as volleyball, dance, drama, choir, ect. I feel so upset that people are bad mouthing this school its not true it s a great experience for everyone.

Posted November 18, 2011

I have had a wonderful school years in this school . I left when I was pre-school then went to public school they didn t teach much as this school did, then it made me come back to school to improve my grades .I felt hurt when I saw the comments students/people said about this school and the staff and you should come see for yourself to see this wonderful school.

Posted November 18, 2011

This is a great school for your child. At a early age the can learn a lot of things. I'm a student of the school and everyday is an amazing day there. The staff and teachers are amazing. Some of the comments are really bad and I'm really upset that some people would actually say that about the school. If you want your child to get a good eduacation, then send your child here because it can be a great experience for them.

Posted November 17, 2011

i love this school they have great teachers and wondeful faculty this is a great place for your child to start there life and if u want your child to get good grades and go to coledge you should bring your child here they also hav great disaplin and they have leaders to help your child in after school with there homework and they have caricular activities so if you yant these thing for your child u need to bring them here

Posted April 19, 2011

I have read ALL of these postings and I would really like a faculty member to shed some light on the school. I currently have my child enrolled in a nursery/dayschool and I feel the same way some of these parents feel. Bitter sweet about some of the things that has transpired of the past 2.5 years my child HOWEVER I would never bash or speak poorly of the school and still keep my child there for the past 2.5 years. The school and its faculty has issues like most places but overall the school, atmosphere, educational activities etc is excellent. Unfortunately the school does not go past a certain grade and I would rather not start my child at one place and then have to transfer into a new school & environment down the road. St. Clare's was recommended to me by a parent who of the school because she lived in the neighborhood years ago but she doesn't have first hand experience with the school because she moved before her children were of age to attend. SO if a faculty member, past or present, can be objective about this school and their personal opinion/views of the school as a whole I think other parents like myself would appreciate hearing it straight from someone who works there.

Posted April 4, 2011

St. Clare School is a great School. I have one child in 5th grade and my oldest is graduating and going to St. Francis Prep!

Posted January 4, 2011

I am highly involved in my son's education and believe that St. Clares was/is a GREAT investment. I like the fact that most of the teachers have been with the school for years; some even attended the school as children themselves. I think that the principal, like any person starting something new, was given a hard time in the beginning. I strongly feel as though the parents shoud take a more active roll in their child's education and or school life. There is so much that can be done, if we all worked together. It is our responsibility as parents, to ensure that our children are safe, competitive, and engaged. I participate in everything that occurs and know many teachers, staff, and children at St. Clare's. It's a great and positive foundation for any child. They have many activities for the children, now more so than ever before. I am pleased and more than happy with Mrs. Basile, her staff, the school, students, and Parish.

Posted September 29, 2009

Whoever wrote a comment on Setember 22 must not be involved in the school much. You do not seem to have your facts in order. The two new teachers ( out of 13) may be new to the school but have years of experience. Since Mrs. Basile has been here scores have gone up and programs have been created. Go to a home school meeting and you would know this. It's a wonder why a person would go onlineto speak so badly about a school that has such a great reputation. This is shameful. As a parent I am proud of this school. I selected this school for the leadership, education and environment. I support this school to the fulliest and it is a shame you are not doing the same.

Posted September 22, 2009

I have been involved with this school for over 17yrs. It is going down hill with the hiring of Mrs. Basile as the principal. The teachers are new for the most part & have no clue what they are doing. As soon as possible I will be removing my kid.

Posted September 16, 2009

I love this school itz so cool and teacherz there are the best and so is the prinicial my favortie school is th3 world is st.Clares

Posted August 22, 2009

I am a current student at this school. when i first started here about 7 years ago the former principle mrs.finley was caring, was involved, and treated us like her own children. Until a few years ago mrs. Basile replaced her. The behavior of the school became out of hand. All of a sudden there were only one class per grade with 30+ students, with this loosing recess, having silent lunch. At this school there we have no field trips, no science fairs, short gym classes (b/c) of student behavior, no student council, no student leadership, and horrible school lunches. I dont like the fact that the is no student-teacher respect and our principle gives alot of promises but never acts on them. Im really sad because i used to love going to school, now im bored and disappointed!! May God help us all at this school...

Posted March 26, 2009

im a student of st.clare and my adive to you not to send your child/children to this school. The cirriculum is terrible and also the behavior of the teacher are very unprofessional.. This school is a waste of money , time, & education.. I have friends grade droping drasticlly.. i advise you not to send your child this school

Posted February 23, 2009

I am very disappointed with what is going on in St Clare. My child have been going there for almost 8 years and the quality of teaching is very poor after 4th grade. My child is in 6th grade and the maths and english that they are doing is ridiculous (these are there core subjects). Are they really preparing these kids for the years ahead? There is no preparation for the 6th grade state test so make sure you get extra help for your child. Come on Mrs. Basile, take a look at what your teachers are doing and improve the quality of teaching at St. Clare. If not, parents are going to get frustrated and take their children out.

Posted January 16, 2009

Honestly what happened. Everything was going so smoothly. The school is small things are gettin tighter. And some of the teachers aren't.........well right. My child isn't learning spanish b/c the students behavior is just........herendous

Posted October 23, 2008

My child just started at St. Clare School and she loves it! I love it! The principal, Mrs Basile works hard to keep her students smiling. There is a morning program and after school program. The school has a gym, library, cafeteria, and science lab. There is also activities in the evening such as a band and basketball program. The atmosphere is warm and the teachers and office staff are great.

Posted October 23, 2008

I love St. Clare School. The teachers are nice and are always there for us. The principal started a drama club and we performed two shows already. I feel that I am prepared to go to high school nest year. I will miss St. Clare School.

Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mary Rafferty-Basile
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

137-25 Brookville Boulevard