PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted November 16, 2015
This School has become a great disappointment. It was great in the beginning but then the good teachers left and the new ones are very unprofessional. Most people has took there children out and I'm gonna do the same. The principal needs to be replaced she does not listen to what the parents have to say. She gets very defensive and screams at the parents when they have any concerns and try to speak to her. If you are thinking about sending your child here please don't. There are lots of other Catholic Schools in the area that might have a more professional Principal and Teachers. If you do decide to send your child in this school I could guarentee you going to regret it. Also I want to add if your skin in dark in color you will surely have a problem.

Posted October 26, 2015
Terrible overcrowded school. I decided to send my son to this school for prek this year and we have been VERY disappointed with the teachers and staff. The classes have anywhere from 20-24 kids and not enough individual attention is shown to your child. If you bring up any issues to the principal she quickly shuts you down and sides with her teachers, even going as far as yelling at parents! The teachers favor the children that talk a lot and tend to forget the quiet ones. They do not encourage your kids but are rather quick to point out what is lacking in the child. I could go on and on about this school and I am currently contemplating pulling out my son and sending him to public school! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE!

Posted September 26, 2015
I completely agree with the review posted on 9/16/2015. I know quite a few kids who have left the school because of the same issues.... too much homework, no time given to the children to interact with each other, too much focus on religion and things like script which is useless in the 21st century....very old school. Hope they make better choices this year and listen to the parents even though i don't see that happening....already started out bad.

Posted September 16, 2015
Awful...this school has certainly lost its way. There is major chaos picking up your kids in the afternoon...very, very unsafe. Parents are being treated like criminals and being ignored when their concerns are being expressed. No way to really communiacte with teachers if you have a quick question, other schools in the area have email addresses etc.....saw some teachers talking to parents about thier kids while 50 other parents looked on...how unprofessional !! The children are given SOOO much homework every night!! but waste time in school learning script(cursive) which is a total waste of time and not being taught in most public schools because it is not required. The classrooms are overcrowded and good teachers leave all the time.....The children are not given any time to develop the necessary social skills to function in the real world, even at lunch they eat and then have to read when they are done...let the kids talk to each other !! This is not booth camp. In the morning when they go to the auditorium, instead of talking with each other, they PRAY. How are these kids ever going to develop friendships which is so crucial in their development. Wake up and enter the 21st century....let the kids socialize, STOP the ridiculous amount of homework being sent home, provide parents with teachers email to effectively communicate, ease up on the projects and religious studies, stop wasting time learning script(let parents decide if they want to teach their kids this on their own), update your website daily to keep parents informed, stop the chaos in the morning and especially the afternoon. These are our precious babies, their future are in your hands. They NEED time for recreation and extracurricular activities. Take a step back and make the necessary changes so these kids can grow and develop the way they should. Listen to the parents....many of them have the same complaints i'm voicing here. Do something about the heavy backpacks...i know this have been brought up many times before. Lastly i can't stress enough the need for less homework. Having to do 2 to 3 hours of homework every night is not helping them, instead its hurting them tremendously. THEY ARE HATING SCHOOL AND THE LEARNING PROCESS!! What a shame.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 5

Posted August 10, 2015
This school is a great school the principal, teachers, and faculty are always there to help parents or students when needed

Posted June 13, 2015
I don't like this school the principal need change some teacher AD , the kindergarden and prek teacher, need new bathrooms need other nurse because she is terrible when the kids are sick. I Never put back my kids in this school

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 4

Posted June 07, 2015
Great in the academics But needs More sports activities and Arts For the Kids My son is in 4th grade going to 5 th But complains about no sports and arts activities in his school... And complais a lot in not having enoguh time to enjoy his lunch time To much rush for everything he saids Hoping the next school year is more exciting

Posted May 23, 2015
My child is here too. I am not going to say much I know in every educational facility must be some flaws somewhere whether from teachers, students themselves, the school itself or from programs perfection is not for humans. I did not react when my kid came home telling me that, she did not eat pizza, because she forgot to give them 2 dollars for the pizza a day before. Poor kid was watching the kids eating pizza and she savoring the aroma of the pizza and crying. I thought about it how cruel, but then I said these are rules we must follow although common sense could have been applied. Now I heard my child is not graduating that raised my eyebrows my question is: Y????? that is serious

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 2

Posted May 17, 2015
This school has a big issue with discipline and the way teachers address children. One of the teachers constantly screams during lunch to the point where my child is in constant fear of him. They should learn to treat student with respect.

Posted May 06, 2015
I attended this school back in the 80's and reading these posts is reminding me how wrong it was/is to not have have recess or healthy socializing in the lunch hour. As an adult I can say that moving on to high school from olph was a rough transition due to the harshness of over discipline. I am grateful to the teachers of that time but I agree its time to let kids be kids.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School
111-10 115th Street, Queens, NY  11420
Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8