Queens, NY

Posted October 29, 2014
My child belongs to PS 100 and i am not very satisfied with the school.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 4

Posted October 10, 2014
The children of this school was lately told that they are not allow or permited to take water to school because one child spill water and made a mess in class. The children are in school for 7 hrs a day with only lunch break and without snack. This is unfair to the kids. They should be allow to drink water whenever they feel the need to. Parents you need to speak up and not let this matter go. Teachers you should have a little more understanding!!!

Posted September 30, 2014
I totally agree with the last post. Way too much homework and projects. I also know kids that have left the school because of this. I know its a catholic school but they need to cut down on the religion projects...way too much time being spent on them. Most of our children are there for an academic education. They really need to let these children have time at home for recreation because they have no free time in school. The school has no facilities for these kids to play and be kids yet they load them up with homework everyday.If i didn't know any better i would think they are trying to rob them of their childhood. I mean as educators they have to know that children need a good balance of learning and play time. The principal and staff needs to figure out a better balance for these kids. I personally think that too much time is spent on religious studies in school hence the ridiculous amount of homework being sent home. On a different note some of these teachers need to loosen up and be more approachable, after all we are supposed to be working towards the same goal....a better future for our kids. Too many smart kids are coming home not wanting to go back the next day.

Posted September 11, 2014
School only just started and i'm already seeing what other parents have been complaining about. These poor children are coming home with so much homework, It's like coming home to school after being in school all day. When do these kids get any time for recreation or after school activities? The principal need to take a look at this because a number of kids have left this school because of this reason and more will leave. Children need recreation time as much as they need academic time but when you send them home with two to three hours worth of homework everyday there is no time for recreation. These kids will end up hating school and learning. Please, please as educators you know this as well as i do, give these kids a chance to love school and learning and not come home crying everyday because of the amount of homework they are getting. Not to mention the projects...is it really necessary? Some of these projects are such a waste of time because they are so complicated that the parents end up doing them. This school really need to cut down on the homework and projects. Please let these kids have some recreation time. They will be better/smarter students.

Posted August 09, 2014
terrible school if your child has a learning disability or IEP. The teachers are extremely biased against my son who has IEP. They were the bullies and as a result my once happy son suffers now from depression and high anxiety

Posted January 28, 2014
Not a fan of the principal at all, had some issues with the attention level of some of the teachers, not all but for a kindergartener you really need to be on the ball and just didn't feel they were, put him in another catholic school a bit farther away this year and he is doing GREAT.

Posted December 17, 2013
This school used to be one of the top schools in the diocese but it seems to have lost its way. Several excellent teachers left over the summer and all of them who left were the best at what they did. Current teachers seem fed up with the over packed classrooms, the lack of proper leadership who seems to be more concerned with who is saying what about her on Facebook and too much office politics. In fact, a staff member of over 10 years was unceremoniously fired for Facebook comments that were perceived to be directed at leadership. The hiring of a security/body guard is one of the biggest frauds being perpetuated. Which other principal has a bodyguard in the Catholic or Public Schools? If parents and or teachers got wind of the salary this individual makes, they would be shocked. The lack of a proper sound system in the auditorium is simply a disgrace, the network of the school is so bad that many classrooms continue to have problems connecting to the internet. The nurse is one of the worst ever showing no patience to kids. The diversity of the staff does not reflect the diversity of the school. Quality not Quantity is what is needed. It is not all about money!

Posted November 07, 2013
So I read these reviews and say to myself "how bad could it be"? I enroll my son and he starts school...everything is great....for the first week at least. Don't get me weong, they will get an education but first a few gripes....first of all where is the playtime at lunch?? They get to WALK around....Please Mrs. Deluca, clean out the parking lot in the back and let the teachers park in the street and let them run around like kids as they do everywhere else!! This isn't a prison for crying out loud. Afraid they will fall and get hurt? Do what they do in other schools and lay rubber squares on the ground....Have a fundraising and get the parents to chip in, I'm sure they will not complain. Also, way to many rules at lunchtime...let them relax a bit and clear out their heads. Also if you are going to keep the kids in the auditorium in the morning have all the teachers come in earlier..there is almost no supervision down there!! All the teachers come down right before they go up....when they line up outside in the parking lot there are teachers that drive into the lot when the kids are there.....lastly the backpacks are sooo heavy, save your money for a chiropractor!!!

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
Please let the children be children and be allowed to socialize with each other. I find it appalling that the children are not allowed to talk at lunch, instead they are told to bring a book to read. This school needs to be reminded that "all work and no play made Jack a dull boy". Please give these poor kids a chance to remember their childhood with fond memories of OLPHCA. The principal seems like a nice person. Most of the teachers seems ok, however some of the aides leave much to be desired. They yell loudly at the children and would rather talk about them than help them.

Posted April 09, 2013
My son attended there for kindergarten and that was enough. The school is grossly overcrowded. The teacher's aide can be heard yelling at the kids from outside and the teacher allowed it. During the school year, there was an incident that would make every parent scared to send their child to school (the police were called for threats against the students!!!). Needless to say I was never informed of this incident by the principle, I had to hear it from another parent. When the principle cannot communicate to the parents about a potential violent incident I have a huge problem with that. I was recommended to this school by a trusted friend. Even she pulled her child out of the school because of dangerous issues (bullying, labeling, physical harm etc) her child encountered.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School
111-10 115th Street, Queens, NY  11420
Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top