No rating

St Sebastian School

Private | PK-8 | 69 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $337,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,410.

Posted September 24, 2012

We love St. Sebastian, and the most important part is that our son goes to school with a big smile each morning, it can not get any better than that, He is first grade now and has been there since PK. We have been super lucky with the teachers, we like the curriculum. What I found beautiful about the school is that, they are opened to other religions, the important part is to have faith and teach the kids the love of God, I will not recommend the school if you do not believe, it will be very conflictive for your kid. The after school program is just o.k but very convenient, you just need to keep an eye on homework and you have too anyway so I can complain about it. We may move to the middle village soon and I am willing to commute with my child just to keep him there.

Posted January 25, 2012

I am forever grateful to this school for my son recently got a full scholarship into one of the prestigious private high school and my daughter is also on top of her class. I highly recognized teachers involvement in the individual capabilities of the students and their dedication to uphold the excellence in learning. I am so happy with how teachers treat students and and the way they teach students....teachers know each students capabilities and tell parents in every conference where you're child excels or what needs to focus on. When it comes to discipline, teachers work hand in hand with parents to be at the same paced. I highly recommend this school. It's better to invests in education wherein you could get it back in return by having EXCELLENT kids.

Posted June 17, 2011

I don't know who all these people are praising this school, but I suspect they have their own reasons to gush. Maybe they haven't seen how a really good school can do. First of all, the school is not even accredited--that may not matter in the early grades, but it's essential in middle school if you want your child to go to a decent HS. The teachers may be well-intentioned but unimaginative. They teach by rote from old, beat-up textbooks; computers, one class a week, science without experiments, math topics as if they were chapters in a novel, diving into huge numbers before the concepts are mastered and worst of all, ELA is left in the hands of truly incompetent teachers who teach by whim. The kids who don't do well are left to wallow and those who excel, they get solid help at home. One star for safety. Good luck!

Posted November 9, 2010

St. Sebastian demonstrates keeping with family values while educating our children at a high caliber level.

Posted April 24, 2010

St. Sebastian School has so much to offer children. The teacher's are always helpful with their students. The facilitors will go to any length to have fund raising events for our girl's and boy's so that all children are involved whatever they plan for the month and, that all can be included to learn about arts, crafts, activities, etc. Thanks to the St. Sebastian participants and sponsors for attending, preparing, and leading the young adults into the future.

Posted March 22, 2010

st sebastian school is an excellent . the teachers and the principal Ms. dolan very cooperative. My son has problems with reading and now he is a fluency reader who love to read. Thank you, St sebastian school, you are worth it .

Posted October 3, 2008

The education and the discipline is one of the best. My son attended public school for a while before I decided to put him into private school. Major difference in my son's behavior and grades. St. Sebastian expects only the best from your child. I find it to be the best school. My daughter now attends the school. Your child's future is worth the investment.

Posted January 26, 2008

If you're looking for a place where every child education and future is taken seriously, St. Sebastian School, Woodside is the place. The high school admissions process went by very smoothly with the help of my teachers and principal. The staff is great. The afterschool programs such as PAL, drama club, and Math Club are as fun and enjoyable as the school day. Our textbooks are newly published and easy to use. St. Sebastian School raises young women and men of education and morality. There is no other Catholic School that can compare to it.

Posted January 17, 2008

As a parent of a child who attends this school, I am a greatly disappointed with the teaching and discipline factors, especially since it is a private school. My child has had to deal with incompetent teaching along with bullying and aggressive students. Needs an overhaul with its teaching staff.

Posted November 4, 2007

I like this school. Everyone knows your name, and the teachers care about you. The after school clubs and new equipment is awesome, too.

Posted October 20, 2007

As a current student, I think St. Sebastian's a great school. There are a variety of clubs and sports to join such as football, drama, Scrabble, math, robotics, and many more! The school is big enough for many possibilities and small enough for individual attention. I love my teachers who are both caring and fun. The equipment is brand new with new computers and an updated science lab and art room. St. Sebastian's is a safe and enjoyable school with great academics.

Posted July 14, 2007

It's a great school. My child is safe, no problems at home, and he is highly succeding in his class. The teacher are kind and and the equipment in the class is brand-new. It is truly a fine school.

Posted January 23, 2007

i think st.sebastian school is the best. its art and music program is interesting and last year they competed in th lasalle art competion. its parent involvment is huge and that is a good way to get to know your kids and their friends. not to mention outstanding grades!

Posted October 9, 2006

It's a very good school. I learn so much there. The teachers are good but some are really strict. But, it pushes you to do more.

Posted November 5, 2005

Its a great school there are many clubs to join such as Football and Drama.

Asian 24% N/A
Two or more races 4% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Joann Dolan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

39-76 58th Street