PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School 3

Posted September 01, 2015
After being a part of this school community for a few years, I can say the following about it: the parents are great! You will really like a lot of the people you meet and make some good friends here through your children. There is a sense of community amongst the parents and people looking out for each other. That being said, the school is average. The administration has "never met a fundraiser they didn't like" so you will be bombarded constantly with fundraising materials to the point that it is kind of absurd. On top of that, the school is not very responsive to problems kids have. Several parents have had problems with the school (either in the classroom or with teachers or amongst students) and found the administrators to "yes them" while not really taking any action or doing anything to solve the problem. That is an ongoing complaint I hear amongst parents. I also find that the teachers are a mixed bag. Some of them are fantastic and others are far from it. I've heard students make fun of some of the teacher's poor grammar and strong accents which is less than ideal. Overall, you can do a lot worse in the Bayside area than this school. But you will probably not be happy with the way the school is run in the end. Another complaint I hear is that the kids don't get outside enough during nice weather which is something to consider.

Posted June 23, 2015
This school is very welcoming. The teachers, church and office staff are very nice. The teachers show great effort in giving your child an excellent education. They offer many great programs.

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School 2

Posted May 04, 2014
I have to agree with a comment on here. ..I'm never one to write a review.....I totally agree with one of the parents with the experience of a kindergarten teacher who I happen to have this year...I totally agree the harshness on the kindergarteners...who happens to be one particular teacher....I wish I had known...My son had a not so good experience for kindergarten. ....Won't say name's but she needs to retire!!!!

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School 2

Posted September 25, 2013
What makes a school great are the teachers. Unfortunately this school has the worst teacher who teaches lower grades. Her name is Carol Kupferschmidt. She does not have sympathy, and uses punishments excessively on young children. She is surely a teacher to be avoided when you think about this school.

Posted February 11, 2009
I went to this school and loved it. Great teachers, the students are friendly, the whole atmoshpere was welcoming and almost like home. I still miss this school!

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School

Posted November 07, 2008
My 4 year old loves it. I have noticed how much she has learned since Sept. and its only Nov. The teachers are very caring and dedicated to teaching. They get Italian and Music and of course all the PreK activities which she enjoys. I Love this school.

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School 4

Posted March 19, 2008
Great Catholic school, with Church on same block. Teachers are great, and there are both computer rooms and a library.

Posted August 05, 2007
Excellent academic program, including instruction in computers, physical ed., Italian, Music and Art from Pre K thru 8th grade. Also offers guidance counseling and individual instrumental music instruction and a string ensemble as well as a band. Parent involvement is critical to the school's success as is it's outstanding CYO sports program for girls and boys from ages 4 and up.

Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School
34-45 202nd Street, Queens, NY  11361
Last modified Our Lady-Blessed Sacrament School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8