No rating

Flushing Christian School

Private | K-8

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $348,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,430.

Posted June 5, 2014

I love my school!!! Everyone should go there!!!!! The academics are amazing and the teachers are great!!!

Posted June 5, 2014

Although academically ahead it did not show the quality in teachers and students I was looking for. I pulled my child out immediately after I saw the incompetence in the school

Posted October 24, 2013

Our child was previously enrolled in two different Christian schools, and we learned not all are the same. While one had strengths in academics, it failed tremendously in the spiritual realm. The other, that gave emphasis to learning the Bible, lacked the academic side. FCS has managed to excel on both fronts. We are ecstatic to place our child in a school where not only is he being challenged academically & led by teachers experienced in their field, but also a place where pointing students toward Christ and the Gospel is of the utmost importance. You will not find a more caring principal or staff; people who are ALWAYS willing to take your calls or meet with you immediately if necessary. The small classroom size allows teachers to focus in on student s weaknesses, while encouraging their individual strengths. We have seen a confidence instilled in our child that we know is a direct result of his wonderful teachers. A former shy introvert, he now sees himself as a leader. We are blessed to have found FCS & highly recommend it to all looking for a school where their child will thrive academically and be in a place of high morals and integrity.

Posted October 10, 2013

FCS is more than a school it is a ministry of love. The teachers, faculty and staff poor their heart and souls into teaching the students. I you take a look t the school's website and read the bio's you will see all of them could make a lot more money at more affluent private schools or in the public school system but they are at FCS believing that it is where GODhas placed them. The curriculum is too notch but with the love and support I the teacher and staff most chdren will rise to the occasion and receive an excellent education in an environment where their character can be molded for service to CHRIST.

Posted October 10, 2013

I've gone to private school all my life, but in the few months that I've been working here I can see the difference between FCS and other schools. Its nurturing environment and attentive staff really allow the students to not only to create a close bond with one another, but also with God. I really enjoy working at this school and it deserves all the blessings possible.

Posted October 10, 2013

I am the parent of three children who all attended and graduated from Flushing Christian School. They each received a quality education and were well prepared to successfully compete in the public school arena. They have each gone on to higher education and are successful. Flushing Christian School is a place where children are loved and nurtured by a loving staff who seek to help each child be all he/she can be.

Posted October 9, 2013

Flushing Christian School is fully-accredited and chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. FCS is warm, nurturing, multi-cultural, and exhibits a family-like atmosphere. The small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student. The students have opportunities for organic, hands-on learning experiences that a larger classroom setting would not offer. Many of our graduates go on to attend some of New York City s best public and private high schools: such as Bronx Science, Stuyvesant, Bard High School and Early College, to name a few. Our alumni have pursued degrees in law, in the medical field, to go on to earn their master s and even a PhD. Our students have become pastors, wall-street executives, teachers and policemen. FCS provides a solid foundation for success!

Posted June 4, 2013

Excellent curriculum, students are well prepared academically in Math, Science, English, Music, foreign language, sign language is also taught along with moral grounding through religion and a healthy relationship with God. Small classes makes sure students get the attention they need. The diverse population gives children the opportunity to appreciate other cultures. Great principal and staff.

Posted March 25, 2010

Flushing Christian School offers the most important features that a child should get. As a parent, I am more than happy to see my daughter flourish and grow spiritually and academically. She gained e her smile back after I pulled her out from a public school and put her FCS. She is back to a happy kid who can't stop smiling and sharing her stories of what happened in the class and school. If you are a Christian parent and want to put the best investment for your child, this school is a right place to saw seeds of faith and Living Words into your child's heart. Sending my daughter to FCS is the best thing that I have ever done for her!

Posted November 5, 2009

Flushing christian school is the best kept secret in the world !!!!!!!!!!flushing christian school has the best teachers in the world. Teachers that go the extra mile and beyond. Where else can you get a school where students excell in academics in a caring environment,and who are taught the word of god and how to apply it to their lives. The programs that are offered are great. American sign language.Drama,cooking,sewing,law classes,computer classes. We have come a long way since 2003. If your child doesn't attend flushing christian school, they are missing a great education in a school like no other school in the world. My daughter attended before all the changes took place and the school was great then.But...... It is greater still.

Posted July 10, 2009

Flushing Christian School is the best kept secret !!!!! We are at a new facility with a gym,science lab, and a computer lab.We excel academically (check out our state tests. Our eighth grade is taking the ninth grade algebra regents.)The teachers at FCS truly love and care for their students as if the were their own. The teachers go the extra mile and beyond that. The director,Mrs. Blatt is a caring and loving person. She truly loves the students . She has an open door policy and is very gracious.My daughter loves Flushing Christian School and never wants to leave. She want FCS to add more grades so she can continue her education there. God bless Flushing Christian School.She has grown spiritually as well.I am so happy to be a part of Flushing Christian School !!!!!!

Posted January 11, 2009

My daughter attends Flushing Christian School and I actualy think that it is one of the best boutique schools in Flushing. My daughter is currently in the third grade and her teacher is very communicative. She struggles with Math and her teacher is currently working with her with free extra lessons, also co-oridnating with us by giving us extra lessons for my daughter to do at home. FCS embraces the importance of God in the lives of their children. Mrs. Blatt states that with God first in their lives everything else will fall into place. I am blessed to have in such a strong God fearing and academic environment. May God continue to bless FCS and all they're doing. Parent

Posted November 23, 2008

We have added several new electives this year: Cooking, Sewing, Drama, American Sign Language, Film, and Hand Chimes. Our middle school Language Arts teacher also started a Junior Beta Club. We also have technology classes for grades 4-8.

Posted September 11, 2008

I was very saddened at the lack of communication between myself and several of my son's teachers. Tuition is expensive, and I could never fully understand the teaching flow. It seemed very unorganized. My son does not have a learning disability, but I was made to feel as this was so. I guess if he was quiet most of the time, everything would have been ok. The Holy Spirit really needs to work in the school, and in the hearts of many who work there. I pray that sucess follow all of the who are truly following the Lord. Keep the school in your prayers.

Posted July 19, 2007

I am a parent of three children who all attended Flushing Christian School. My eldest daughter graduated and is at the top of her class at one of the specialized high schools in New York City. This school is the best thing to happen to my children and our family. The children receive a well-rounded educational experienced balanced academically, spiritually, and morally. I have recommended this school to several friends and relatives who have enrolled their children and have all been extremely pleased with the education that their children are receiving. The tuition is affordable and well worth every dollar!

Posted October 13, 2006

Flushing Christian School is a wonderful school where children flourish. There is great communications and a very strong unity between the teachers, parents, and board of trustees. Everyone involved with the school has a love for the school and for God. What a blessing it is for me to have the opportunity to send my daughter to such a file school. Academics are also top notch!

Posted April 5, 2006

flushing christian is the school to go to if you want the best of everything for your child. the teachers really care about the children and the small class size is a plus. If your thinking about a place to send your child look no further F.C.S. is it.

Posted March 31, 2006

My older son graduated from F.C.S and my younger child is curently enrolled. I have found the school to be a great example of what a learning environment should be. The class size is small so that children can have a more personalized learning experience. The teachers are very committed to the children working to bring out the best in each child. Parent involvement is also high here. The students are not only well behaved but respectful. Children fell very comfortable. Intellect and integrity go side by side. My older son is doing well in High School due to being prepared in all his subjects. If your thinking about a small school setting in a big citY Flushing Christian School is the place.

Posted March 29, 2006

Flushing Christian School has been an asset to my son's education. He is now off into High School and I thank FCS for their strong moral convictions. Academically my son has done well and is thriving in his new school thanks to the preparation, education and guidance he received at FCS. He enjoyed the sports and music programs and they benefited him greatly.

Posted March 27, 2006

Flushing Christian School has been a God send to my family and to many others that I know of. The teachers are dedicated to helping students academically and spiritually. Many of them stay after school for extra help or give up their lunch period to work with students. They care about the entire person and treat them with dignity and respect. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great foundation and high standards.
—Submitted by an administrator

Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students ELL/ESL Coordinator
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• American sign language
  • Spanish
  • ELL/ESL Coordinator
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Karen R. Blatt
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • CSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious