St Demetrios School 5

Posted March 18, 2014
I am very excited about this school and shocked how low it scored. I believe it must be students who were expelled. This school actually cares for all its students. It offers academic achievement and extracurricular activities in the areas of trending interest, from academics to sports. The afternoon school workshops vary from art, French, writing workshops to basketball and religion. It allows the child to grow in many ways and in everyway including socialization and intelligence. It fully helps the child grow in a Hellenistic environment, and is the only one in Queens that does so from nursery to High school ! Great school, would recommend wholeheartedly!

Posted September 29, 2013
( first part) My children have attended this school from kindergarten. Under the direction of the AP at the elementary school, the children thrive. She truly cares and helps her staff and the students. She is wonderful Once my children reached the middle school , it was all downhill. The principal is just a figurehead who doesnt give any direction to his teachers. He never watches a lesson or knows what his teachers are doing. He has no communication with the students.

St Demetrios School 5

Posted August 15, 2012
As a Manager in the biggest Telecom corporation in the world and a budding scientist and inventor. I credit the school that taught my heritage, world history and of course the math and sciences that make me who I am today. My nick name is Half Spartan Half Athenian. If my fortune comes out as I hope it will soon. I will return there to grow the whole community and help the people of my heritage as well.

Posted July 01, 2010
Many parents send their child(ren) to St. Demetrios because they believe the school is reponsible for raising them. Unfortunatly, many take their children out and return after loosing fuill control in a public school. As a previous student and current parent. I owe my gratitude to the entire St. Demetrios Community. BRAVO!!!

Posted June 03, 2010
As a former student at St.D's I can honestly say that this school is far from being recognized as a quality educational facility. In fact, the actions and characteristics of St.D's categorizes it as more of a daycare then a high school. I had the pleasure of transferring for high school but have seen the horrid results that the high school has produced over the years. The programs are not well facilitated and the lack of opportunities for students is dangerous to the growth of the community. The teachers and administrators seem to be dangerously underqualified and have no bearing on how to properly run an academic institution. When I am a parent one day, I will not even consider thinking about St. Demetrios for my children for I am ashamed to have been part of that school for 9 long years.

St Demetrios School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
I am sending both by son to St. D's. They are now in the lower elementary classes and the VP there is amazing. The middle school has been moved to the HS building. That program needs structure. I hope to send the boys to this school until middle school if the middle school does not get at the very least a coordinator. My children will not be attending high school there.

St Demetrios School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It provides escellent education and intellectual stimulation and promotes good character and good citizenship for Greek American children and not only.....

Posted June 13, 2009

St Demetrios School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
its ok, its not a good idea to stay there for high school. in middle school its fine but only if read on your own and get 'tutored'

Posted October 07, 2007