Queens, NY

Posted March 25, 2014
We have been through the ridiculous, stressful, expensive, bizarre experience of trying to find a reasonable school in New York too many times, and I am so relieved and happy that we finally found Highland. The student body is very diverse and the kids are happy and welcoming. The teachers are professional and caring. The administration is involved, experienced, and available. Academically, my kids have progressed about two grade levels each but are not put under pressure. Highland takes its academics seriously, while providing gym every day, very high-quality music education, art, and science. Plus, they find the time for fun activities and field trips. Kids only get one childhood, and Highland attends to their whole development and their happiness in a way I've not seen at any other school.

Posted December 29, 2009
Both of my sons attended Highland from K to 8th grade. They both moved onto excellent high schools. My eldest attends a wonderful, very selective college. I thank the Highland admistration for giving them their academic start. They made learning fun and did not create fear, anxiety and stress by focusing on preparing the sudents for standardized tests. The staff was always receptive to my concerns and willing to give both of my children extra help when necessary. I loved the weekly report that came home on Fridays. It allowed me to address any issues that my children had before they returned to school on Monday. Highland is a very nurturing school where the whole family is embraced. My children are still friends wih their Highland classmates. If you want to know what Highland is all about come to the schol picnic or any of the other school activities.

Posted December 21, 2009
For several years I have been part of he Highland Family and fully involved in all aspects. The care and concern for the childrens education and all around well being is 100% exemplified in the administration. My family will remain loyal to Highland well past graduation as Highland is contributing positively to the education and overall well being and upbringing of my children. If you are looking for education wrapped in a family environment, you will find it here.

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted December 08, 2009
If you are looking for a school that provides structure, professionalism, a nuturing environment, and continuity. Skip this one. The principal and staff members needs to learn customer service and become open minded about ideas for the children in order for the school to be successful.

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2009
No one should take exception to what is written here. The exchange of honest ideas and opinions is healthy. The Highland School has many good features but there are areas where improvement is greatly needed. This year in particular many parents are dissatisfied and although they have brought up their concerns to the administration little has been done. There is a reluctance to deal with difficult issues such as the incompetency of a staff member. It is a perceived as an attack on the school and its supervision. The time has come to sit down and address the issues that most concern our children. The PTA meetings should also provide parents with a forum to raise issues of concern. I attribute the low attendance at the PTA meetings not as an indication of 100% Satisfaction but rather 'What's the use?'

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted September 10, 2009
I take exception with the horribly inacurate review given on Oct. 8. My daughter has been in the school since kindergarten and I have found that the administration (which has not changed in over 10 years) is extremely responsive to my concerns and any problems I may have. It is a small school where everyone knows everyone else. The children are very happy - the classroom size is small (about 18 kids per class) and the kids seem to foster lasting relationships (with the other kids and the teachers). But as a small school it does have limited resources and may not be right for a kid that has health or behavioural problems.

Posted May 10, 2009
My two children have attended this school for a combined total of ten years. I take exception to the bogus review posted on October 8. Firstly, the same administration has been in place during my children's entire time in ths school. The director is always available to talk with me or anyone associated with my children's well being. I can''t understand any of the comments posted. The other parents are extremely involved, the children are happy, and more importantly, they are learning in a positive environment.

Highland Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted December 11, 2008

Highland Elementary School
193-10 Peck Avenue, Queens, NY  11365
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top