Posted June 10, 2014
My children are completing another successful year at Sacred Heart School. If you are searching for an amazing school for your child, look no further. My kids have all had extremely dedicated and enthusiastic teachers throughout their 6 years at Sacred Heart School. The teachers have gone above and beyond in embracing and implementing the Common Core Curriculum in all subject areas from Kindergarten and beyond. Sacred Heart School offers Art, Music, Computer,Spanish and Gym. There are some fun after school activities such as Chess Nuts, Mad Science, Book Club, Student Council, Intramurals and Oil Painting. The School Principal, Mr. Farrell is truly tuned into the student body and the students respect him. Parental involvement is encouraged and volunteers are welcome at Sacred Heart School. If you are new to the Bayside area, take the time to check out Sacred Heart School and all that it has to offer. I hope that you are impressed with all it has to offer.

Posted January 12, 2014
I am an alumni of SHS. The atmosphere of the school is amazing and I've learned so much from the school, the good, the bad, and the ugly. The teachers are great and really care for the students, of course you have a few bad apples, but to this day as I am in college, I still here the voices and advice of my past teachers. I've carried a lot that I've learned here to HS and college. The principal, Mr. Farrell is amazing and one of the reasons my parents chose to put me into this school. He actually wants to get to know the students, therefore knowing every one of his students by name and at least a few details regarding family background. This school is in a very affluent neighborhood and the kids that attend the school are extremely blessed, so there can be quite a competition with regards to material items. However, the kids are both smart and poised. I would definitely send my kids here.

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted December 04, 2013
My eldest graduated from Sacred Heart and was completely unprepared for high school. The junior high teachers are unqualified, uncaring and unable to keep the attention of their students. The primary grade teachers are overall caring and professional but for whatever reason , the quality of staff decreases significantly once a student enters sixth grade. Math and Science are significantly lacking, almost every parent has to hire a tutor to help their child achieve. The principal makes a big deal about the SmartBoards that are in most classes, but according to my children, they are almost never utilized. Textbooks are over a decade old and teachers lack patience or adequate teaching skills. There is rampant bullying in the school which is never addressed and an overbearing clique of mothers that seem to believe that their children are the only ones whose needs are to be addressed and the principal, again for reasons unknown, allows them to assert their beliefs and agenda over all. I have watched 35 families leave this school , usually after the eldest child has suffered through junior high school. We left last year and my children are much happier in their new school.

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarten, she is now in first grade. They have amazing systems in place to ensure every child is at the same level and the teachers invest extra time as they see necessary. The before school and after school program is the best for the working parent. The principal is aware of every student and their family. The parental involvement is astonishing. I would highly recommend this school, it's worth every cent!

Sacred Heart School 3

Posted September 29, 2013
There are many positive things about this school. For one, it is a nice community where religious education is strong and children are taught positive values. The teachers are very dedicated and work really hard to help students. I write this review with love and good intention for this school. However, after attending this school for many years, I believe the issues are academic in nature. Problematic areas for your child are not targeted. Grading is based SOLELY on how they perform on tests in class. Your child can have an A average and not be able to write correctly or read on level if they are good test takers. At this school, many parents need to place their children in enrichment programs after school to help there children in reading writing and math. Although well meaning, most of the teachers in this school, with the exception of a few are not trained enough to help students improve in areas they need help with. There is very little assessment in the classroom to understand where your child functioning and if they are improving. I believe this could be a great school if these academic issues are addressed.

Posted February 28, 2013
my daughter attended Sacred Heart and now my grandchildren are in attendance.My daughter received a fine education and wanted to sent her children back. There are many grandstudents in attendance. The principal is wonderful and works hard as do the teachers and support staff. I have always felt my child and grandchildren are in a nurturing and safe atmosphere. There will always be issues with individual teachers as there are with any professionalls, overall well done SHS

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted February 19, 2013
My oldest child graduated from SHS. Received scholarships & acceptance to all of the high schools she applied to and is well into receiving her doctorate, she never had a problem in school. My second child who is still attending has been bullied & this problem stemmed from his second grade teacher Mrs. Sexton , continued with some of the students & was never given the proper attention. It stopped when Mr. Farrell decided to separate the bullies from the victims. There is a bully program in place at this time, however, I don't believe that it is targeting the real bullies. Academically he is on the principals list and doing terrific. The problem I feel is mainly the parents. I applaud the teachers & Mr. Farrell for what they deal with on a day to day basis with some of these parents. Some are cliquish, rude, and make it hard for other parents to get involved. I believe homework is necessary and don t feel that it is overwhelming . If some of these parents learned how to be parents and allowed the teachers and principal to do their job it would make it better for everyone. Academically, the scholarships awareded to the graduates speak for themselves.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted December 17, 2012
My daughter graduated from SHS in June 2012 and is doing very well in HS. Yes, some teachers are better than others, but the overall experience at SHS was excellent. Strong sense of community and Mr. Farrell is the best!

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted June 20, 2012
The junior high teachers are simply horrible. They treat the kids with no respect. The math teacher, mrs.murnane, can not teach for her life. She assigns the kids loads of hw and gives unreasonably difficult problems. my children are scared of her and thats not the environment we want to be in. Ive talked with mr. farrell about the math teacher and he said he could not fire her because shes been with the school for so long. All of the teachers are over 65 and need to go. They are rude o the students and make unessessary comments. Ms. Kalevich the science teacher is a wack job. All the kids just fool around in her class and she does nothing about it. overall i regret sending my kids to this school and we will not be returning next year it was a horrible experience.

Posted June 08, 2012
I think Sacred Heart is an excellent school. My child had a problem they zeroed in on it immediately. And now has the necessary help from the Board of Ed. The teachers are good. The principal is amazing. He is constants walking around. Knows all the kids and the parents for that matter. They have alot to offer after school programs for the kids. Art, book club, intramural sports. Great after school program. The CYO is great. Swimming, softball, baseball, basketball, soccer. Parents are very involved. This schoold get many scholorships for their kids. Scared Heart is a good place if you are looking to send your child to a private school.

Sacred Heart School