No rating

Al-Ihsan Academy

Private | PK-12 | 417 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $340,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,540.

Posted April 26, 2013

My son current attends this school(kindergarten. Overall I have had a good experience at this school. My son has an integration of learning surahs as well as academics. I gave a four star rating because I think there is a couple of things they need to work on. Administration organization needs to get organized and the grading system needs some adjustment. Besides these two, good school

Posted March 29, 2012

My neices attended this school and she transfered to public school after 5 years to attend middle school. She is an A++ student. she was not comfortable at the public school and transfered back to Al Inshan to finish school. She stated that the education at this school was a bit more challenging for her than public school. It shows that education standards are being met.

Posted April 29, 2011

Very good school. Children are well mannered. Teachers are a delight. Hope it continues this way for a very long time.

Posted April 30, 2010

school has no spine! rules are not followed by parents and students alike and no rule is upheld by staff... staff ( not including 2 or 3 great teachers) are cold and uncaring and downright rude! islamic identity is basically gone here! teachers are harsh to students not hesitating to call a kid stupid or idiot! principal basically has a ' well what can we do about it' attitude and the kids.... forget it i dont know what kind if islamic ideas the parents are teaching them but it sure doesnt show! i was shocked at the lack of basic islamic upbringing when i started here!!!

Posted November 2, 2009

So far it is a challenge. I agree with the parent about the teachers in this school, being un-caring. One teacher is very verbally abusive to our child. The classrooms are so small. The environment is cold, no artwork, drabby. I do not believe anymore we have to place our child in a 'Islamic' school. As parents we have only one chance to give our child an excellent quality education. We are unhappy. We are considering alternatives.

Posted April 29, 2009

My nephew and two children are attending al-ihsan academy, i feel very blessed and i would not want them to be anywhere else.

Posted October 22, 2008

1. Weak Arabic & Islamic studies Program 2. Unfair Grading System 3. All classroom instructions are by the book only. There are no manipulative or hands-on experience used to teach the children. 4. Too much homework 5. The school environment is un-Islamic and cold. 6. Some teachers are uncaring and use back home teaching methods.

Posted April 18, 2007

My daughter is in 1st grade, and she love it there. We are very comfortable with the environment and the quality education that she is getting. she is a very smart child and she does not need any extra help. she even teaches us about Islam. she know Arabic and many surah and she learn about her religion. I hope she will continue there and my other 2 daughters will start their education there. The principle is a very kind and caring individual and the teachers are nice.Its a safe place to send your children and they are getting a good education.

Posted August 22, 2003

Parents of 3 sons attending this school, and I must say I am happy that they are part of such a highly qualified and attentive environment. My oldest is now entering 8th Grade and my youngest in Grade 2. I recommend this school to all parents, because having a pricipal as Brother Rafeek is a +. Sincerely, Fazia Ally (Nishaun's Mom)

Asian 75% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Rafeek Mohamed
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic
Associations
  • ISLA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13008 Rockaway Boulevard