Queens, NY

Posted March 01, 2012
Never have i seen such A great school! i love this school! Really a great christian school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allen Christian School 4

Posted May 04, 2011
My son has been attending ACS for 3 years now. I find it to be a superb school, however the tuition is a bit over the top and it's about to go up. The school day could seem a bit long but compared to the kids in China...we're okay, and my son never complained. So overall, it's a great school, I love the director, the tuition is way to much, but I believe it's the cleaning school I've ever been in.

Posted January 21, 2011
I work in the new york public school system and work closely with school administrators. I have even worked in some of the better public schools and I am not impressed. Like anywhere nothing is perfect. Allen has issues. However, parents need to communicate these issues with pta and with staff. Communication is key. My children take pride in themselves and their school. I can go to work with a peace of mind which is why I think most parents have their children at Allen as opposed to free education.

Posted July 11, 2010
I love this school. My niece attends this school form K - 3 and she is now going to 4th grade. My niece is on the Principal's list. This school encourages participation from all students. Your child learns to love themselves and be confident. My niece was tested with other grade level students from public and private schools and she was placed in an advanced class for summer camp. Parent involvement is crucial to any child's education. It cannot be done alone at school. I also love that they offer extracurricular activities.

Allen Christian School 1

Posted June 05, 2010
Listen concern parents, the teachers have a lot to deal with, they are underpaid and not appreciated. So what do you expect fom them a miracle.... If you want your kid and you to feel special, find another school. Or just deal with it.

Posted March 05, 2010
I believe that the intention of the ACS in the beginning years was to have an alternative to the Public School System that was obviously failing our students. Now, I believe that the school's focus is not on the children's development but on scoring and reputation. My child attended from K-1 and the foundation was rushed. They do not stay on a topic long enough for the child to grasp it /build on it. The classes are combined. Meaning that everyone regardless of academic level is in one class. That is truly not fair to the average to below average student. Presently, the ACS is for the elite student who can withstand the pressure of learning quickily with lots of work and has the home environment that can support it. ACS needs to make adjustments to it's curriculum that meet the needs of every student and not just the Elite.

Posted February 23, 2010
We have two children attending Allen and our experience with both children has been the same until this year. We have had some challenges in the sixth grade but we are confident that things will work themselves out because we have been proactive in getting the issues resolved. I read some of the comments from other parents and I can understand where some of them are coming from. Socialization is key in a child's development and I know that the school is trying to plan activities for that purpose. We would love to see more training for the teachers and have the latest educational materials available to them so that they can give our children the best. I also feel that some of the teachers could use some kind of interpersonal skills training. Lastly, this is a Christian school and the teachers need to exemplify that. There are some that don't.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love that they teach the children to love themselves and their neighbors. And they understand that they must do for others.

Allen Christian School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
My daughter has attended ACS since Pre-K 3 she is currently in 4th grade. I believe they have an excellent Pre-school program, second to none. There seems to be alot of politics in the grade school however, the principal is a loving caring woman. The teachers are very good at what they do but some have a tendency to show VERY obvious favoritism. The teachers need to communicate a little better with regards to HW. These children are in school with little to no socializing from 7:45 to 3:45, then spent the rest of their waking hours doing HW. Every parent I talk to complains about the same thing, kids are up until 10-11pm trying to complete the mountain of HW they receive every day. I completely understand and appreciate the efforts to push our children but they should be allowed some time to be children. The arts program is wonderful.

Posted March 03, 2009
This is a hard nut to crack. I believe the intent of the school is to push the students,(who are predominantly Afro-Americans) above average. Because most of us Afro-American parents understand that we and our children need to work twice as hard in America. My problem is , however, the manner in which the school goes about achieving this goal. The schools begins at 7:45 am and ends at 3:45 pm. Lets take a Monday for example of a fourth grader's schedule. The breaks alloted are from 10:05- 10:20am. Lunch is at 11:30am -12:15pm. During the first break the children are in the class sitting, no playing no true socialization taking place. During lunch children are sitting and eating. They are not allowed out of their seats to speak to friends not adjacent to them. copius class work is copied from the board. hw is past 1hr. kidsneedtobekids

Allen Christian School
171-10 Linden Boulevard, Queens, NY  11434
Last modified Allen Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Allen Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top