PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We had our son here for pre k. The teachers really care about the students and always keep you up to date on how your child is doing in class. I love the fact that I have his teacher's cell number so I can text or call her when ever I want! We decided to keep him in the school because of the great morals they instill in him. And how well he is picking up on his lessons!

The Lutheran Schhol of Flushing And Bayside is a wonderful school! What a difference a private school education makes. All staff and teachers care about your child and know their name in this small caring invironment. Small class sizes and individual attention is the norm here. Everyone at the school is there to make a difference in your child's life, the years from Pre - K to 8th grade are the most important. I have been volunteering at the school for 16 years and would not be any where else. Students who have graduated love to come back and visit, while many others still keep in touch. This school has provide them with a great foundation on which the have built success. Some of the graduates have gone on to become physical therapists, doctors, and teachers. Come by and take a tour of this fantasitic school, you will not regret it!

I don't provide any feedback in the past but was surprised seeing the negative comments below. So I feel the need to speak up and share our experiences. It's been the 3rd year our kids going to LSFB. We very appreciate the loving environment and all the patience teachers are giving to students. This is the most critical to us when we make decision on school selection. Our kids've been telling us that they love going to school, and we believe that this is very important in order to set solid foundation for a long journey of study for our children. The curriculum is advanced. They even start introducing basic concepts that are normally learnt in kindergarden to nursery. Small class offers close teacher-student relations and enables teachers clearly understand the learning progress of each student. The only thing I'd suggest to improve is to be more efficient on admin. & communications. We've seen some improvement, and the school starts using new tools to keep parents updated on school activities. Of course, there're still room of improvement in this regards, but we see the school is improving gradually. Overall, we feel blessed to find this school for our children.

This is my daughter's first year at the school and she loves it. She is in the UPK program and the extended day program. She adjusted very well after transfering from another nursery school. The teachers are great. She is learning a lot and has made great progress in many areas.

First glance, we were a bit apprehensive about the "not so updated" appearance, but it was very clean. We spent 4-5 hours with Ms. Hasselbach and Ms. Lopez. We basically tortured them with questions on everything pertinent to a great education and the overall well being and safety for Lay. Mr. Castellani and staff are professional, understanding,courteous and willing to help at all times.We had never met an educator who made us feel as confident as Ms. H did, in what would be best for Lay.The unbelievably small class size, the diversity of the school, and the level of detail incorporated into the educational curriculum made us feel this was the school for her. She fell in love with the school,excelled in every subject,learned to slow down, focus,and pay attention to detail. Her love and learning for God and religion isn t "excessive" and doesn t overpower the importance of her education. This school personifies what education should be. It is small enough for each child to be special in their way,and bonds all students.We sacrifice a lot for Lay's well being and education. If you re that kind of parent...LSF&B is for you.

This is my son's 1st year @ this school & he loves it there & we do too!

This school has been such a blessing to my children, they are encouraged, supported and challenged. There is afterschool and clubs and groups. The teachers are wonderful and the principal and director are awesome. We are very happy here.

i'm am korean which means that i don't speak English very well. but this school helped me to learn English. also the pricipal helped to hang out with friends. i went to this school only for 1year. but i still could go to high school i wanted. my grades were much better than my friends. also i was on the honor roll. This honor is accmoplished by having a composite average in major subjects of 90% or higher, with no grades lower than 80% on the report card.

I am a student at LSFB and i can say several things that are wrong in the 'quick facts'. First of all, the school day actually lasts 8 hours. Classes begin at around 8:15 am. All classes end at around 3:00 pm, but classes are dismissed at staggered periods, as not to overflow the street with cars where the students are dismissed. Secondly,The school does have a library, although most teachers don't utilize it because they have their own classroom libraries. In the 2007-2008 school year, there was no pre-k, however, on the date of this writing, the school board had notified students and parents through a newsletter that the school has applied for a UPK (Universal Pre-K). I believe the PTA, the students themselves, teachers, administration, and the school board is at its highest at LSFB, and I suggest you come!

The class sizes, few dedicated teachers, and the encouragement of children to do community service and be charitable are the only redeeming qualities of this institution. The chronic tuition increases, the lack of facilities, the buildings in need of renovation, the bias towards the children of staff and church officials, and an outdated curriculum are just some of what you will have to look forward to. Children who perform near or at the top of their classes will become easily bored, and the teachers may not have the time or ability to accommodate their advanced learning needs. The Math, Science, and Language curriculum is poor. If you would like your child to get into a magnet High School (Bx Science, Stuyvesant, Bklyn Tech, Townsend Harris), you would be wise to put them in the Public School system by the time they reach 5th grade.

Last modified Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside is a Private school that serves grades PK-8